Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Some folks don't get the concept of hyperbole or trolling the trolls.

Exactly. The last thing I am is jealous of is that POS franchise and the fraudulent "The Patriot Way".

Would I want to have SBs and a contender every year?

Absolutely. But the fact that most of the country finds them frauds and cheaters diminishes those "accomplishments".

_

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we all want to win, we are all jealous of NE's success. That doesn't mean we lay awake at night wishing we could be NE. we just wish we had NE's success, we wish we had 1 more SB title let alone 4. it all stems from that, if Buffalo was caught doing this would anyone care? No.

3. nyjunc

so w/ Boeheim being caught cheating finally do you think differently about the 2003 title?

4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight. If you do something illegal your defense is that it's ok if other people also broke the rules.

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

This is what's it's all about. Human behavior, behavior unbecoming, fraudulent behavior to achieve fame and fortune...... THATS IT

6. JStokes

Exactly.

_

7. nyjunc

If you don't think al 32 teams are trying to find ways to gain a competitive advantage I can't help you.

8. JStokes

It's that little extra "juice" that gets you from 15 homers to 25 homers that gets you the big contract and the fame that goes along with it.

_

Burning Elvii likes this.
  9. Burning Elvii

I cannot say they're not, as indicated by Atlanta and Cleveland infractions, but NE is on the far right of the bell curve and repeat offenders.

Why has New England have had 8 underdefeated home records since BB has taken over? 8, next in line is Denver with 3 and that is many years ago.

I call major home field espionage to this day. Communication system malfunctions, clock mgt malfeasence (see recent Baltimore game a few years back), bugged lockerrooms, rogue locker rooma attendents lifting other teams property.......

The Razor is like a max security prison. All this stems from BB and Ernie adams relationship when they got caught watching college teams practice many years ago and were told to leave for spying.

10. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

11. Burning Elvii

Thats what cheating does, give you an edge. If it didn't give you the edge at all, you wouldn't do it. Period. this is why NE has cheated their way to the GOAT discussions.

I say Bull Fuckin Shit

12. nyjunc

NE is just dumb enough to get caught but this stuff is going on everywhere.

NE has had those undefeated home records b/c they have been consistently a top team. did they not employ the same "cheating" against us and Baltimore where they have lost home playoff games?

did BB just start "cheating" the second Brady took over at QB? why didn't it work in Cleveland? why didn't it work in NE w/o Brady?

13. nyjunc

do you not have issues w/ what Bill Walsh and Jerry Rice admitted happened w/ the SF dynasty? should we stop talking about them the way we do?

14. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I think that people have this misguided idea(like Joe Biden) that they only difference between themselves and guys like A-Rod, Lance, etc is that those guys were cheating, when in reality, those guys are still the best of the best and probably outworked their peers. Nobody hates on the guys who used PEDs that never made it onto a football team because they lacked work ethic, talent, etc. But we hate on the best of the best because we delude ourselves into clinging onto the cheating as the reason, when the reasons are probably more about ourselves. Or in this case, the player/team is a rival so people are too quick to latch onto "cheating" as an excuse to diminish what they achieved. It is no coincidence that if you polled rival fans the ones who believe the Pats are cheaters would skyrocket. Just my opinion

15. Burning Elvii

THey have lost games where they cheated, see spygate tape breakdown from Goodell and Walsh

BB started some of the cheating before Brady, see that other guy........Bledsoe. He alledgedly started some of the film stuff in his last year in Cleveland, by that time he was getting outsted as the Cleveland franchise move was happening. BB coat tailed Tuna, and you all know that. BB's ego and his matra was to show up Tuna, remember the 'Genius' press conference flap. Consistently a top team in a division of weak sisters, whereby their advantage was heightened by cheating. They did it to everyone.

16. Burning Elvii

There is a difference between latching on due to jealousy and rivalry versus, systematic breaking of the rules over 14 years. All other fan bases hate NE. Check out other teams boards.

17. nyjunc

so why couldn't he win w/ Bledsoe if he was cheating and cheating is why he wins? started some of it last year in Cleveland- his team stunk his last year in Cleveland- why was that?

our div was not always bad, Miami had some good teams early in BB's NE days and we have had a bunch of very good teams up until recently.

18. nyjunc

they are all jealous, they all wish their teams could win like NE has.

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Of course not. I would venture to guess that most people don't know that TRT is testosterone shots (aka steroids)

20. Burning Elvii

are you trying to talk about the stickum again?? Can't stay on topic here right??

If Jerry was using stickum after they banned it then I think he should be diminished. IF he was following the rules as the rules were written, then he's ok. But if he's violating the spirit...I say
    SF was more than Jerry Rice. It was montana, craig, the tight ends, the defense....walsh was superb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.