Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Stickum has been illegal since 1981.

2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

... unless it's used on the gloves (only) and does not leave a residue on the ball.

(i) Adhesive or slippery substances on the body, equipment, or uniform of any player; provided, however, that players may wear gloves with a tackified surface if such tacky substance does not adhere to the football or otherwise cause handling problems for players.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Maybe you should go back to the blaming the refs angle?

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

where does that say they can spray stickum on their gloves? gloves today come sticky which is why there are so many spectacular catches but you can't use stickum. what Rice did was illegal so I guess the 49ers SBs wins w/ him now should have an *?

5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

You are not understanding what you are reading

strngplyr and nyjunc like this.
  6. Unhappyjetsfan

I'm not going to read it for you; I posted it, you can read it yourself. If expressly says gloves can have tacky substances on it. The definition of the word tacky is "sticky". This is not debatable. The rule is what it is. If you choose to pretend it says something else (other than what it EXPRESSLY says), like the Cheaties fans, that's on you. Frankly, you agreeing with them only supports my conclusions.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you may want to read it again

8. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Man I know you have a Dolphins avatar but the effort you have put into this thread makes me wonder if it's not a ruse

I guess you could just have a really hard crush on trying to look like you are a centrist but it doesn't figure

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I hope the irony of you whining on a Jets fan forum is not lost on you.

_

10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I used to despise the Pats but after a while I couldn't help but appreciate the greatness. Teams like that don't come around in sports very often. Hating on them was pretty hard on me so I think it was good for my sanity

Anyways, it is pretty obvious that most jets, phins fans are biased. And that's fine, but when you are able to convince yourself that you aren't, i can't help but call those people out

nyjunc likes this.
  11. Charlie Kelly

Is there an explanation in the rule about whether the manufacturer created the tackified surface?

And what point would a glove with a tackified surface even if it was applied by the manufacturer have if it didn't adhere to the ball? Better for tackling?

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

It is pretty simple and not meant to confuse. It is talking about the sticky textures that those gloves come already manufactured with. Not something you apply. Jesus Christ this is not debatable

nyjunc likes this.
  13. Charlie Kelly

Are we to assume your understanding of that rule? Rules are meant to be very literal aren't they?

14. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Maybe you can do some quick research

15. Unhappyjetsfan

It says "tacky substances" and clearly states it's an exception to the "no adhesives" rule. FFS. If what you suggest was true, the Chargers would have been penalized for using the towels with the sticky powder on them; instead, the league expressly said that was legal.

I'm just going to keep posting the NFL Rule in every post I make from now on until people actually start reading and acknowledging it:

(i) Adhesive or slippery substances on the body, equipment, or uniform of any player; provided, however, that players may wear gloves with a tackified surface if such tacky substance does not adhere to the football or otherwise cause handling problems for players.

16. Charlie Kelly

Actually, forget what I said because this is exactly what Pats fans want, to hijack the argument with something that has nothing to do with the argument.

Hey Rice have nothing to do with whether or not the Patriots cheated by deflating footballs.

To continue this argument is to let the cowards in this argument get a break

17. Charlie Kelly

I read the rule verbatim. Maybe you can stop being a dick and point to the explanation that says otherwise

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Chicago Little League Stripped Of Title

If this can happen to children who had nothing to do with choosing the players, the Patriots should also be stripped of their SB since they cheated too.

rammagen likes this.
  19. Unhappyjetsfan

I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that the Chicago Little League manager did not get the Little League World Series President his job; they didn't protect themselves like the Patriots did. That's their fault for not being more proactive. <------------- Every Cheatriots fan ever in about 10 seconds

rammagen likes this.
  20. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

I think we need to ask Matt Walsh if he's willing to talk again.

How bout those fumble stats after Shady got the rules changed on prepping balls.....

How bout his love of soft balls

How bout the silence of Doug Flutie discovering the second headset in. Brady's helmet on another one way frequency telling him where to throw to.....

Hmmmmm

Let's hijack it, yes. Hijacked by cheating.

Fucking stickum ......hope the death sentence which I hope comes sticks like tar and feathers

Asshole Pats apologists.......fair weather since 2000

rammagen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.