Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Mark Cuban is right about the NFL. It is going to go into a downturn at some point. I don't care what kind of sports monopoly you have on a culture. At some point, if these scandals keep spray painting over the all parts of the game. Fans will turn away at some point. The NFL ' S whole story is 'will do anything' to keep our name clean. But that has gotten balanced with a "we're hear to make money bottom line. At some point the fans are going to go on a sports prohibition type crusade and forget the NFL. It may take ten years, but this isn't Europe. There are a lot of sports out there. It might not get that bad. But who knows.

Burning Elvii likes this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Once a cheater.......

[​IMG]

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it's not the scandals that will lead the NFL down, it's the greed and treatment of real fans.

4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Well. It is a religion. And both don't pay taxes. I'm glad I don't buy season tickets.

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Do you think I like Woody Johnson. Or Jerry Jones. Or Kraft. Again guys like them are not my role models. Those are the guys who own the product. I can use Listerine (and I should) and like the product but not love the company.

6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

These whiny Pats trolls should call Francesser and try to convince him with their bullshit because, just like everyone else, he's on to it.

I caught 5 mins of his show before and some one asked about Atlanta and the piped in noise or the Browns texting or Jerry Rice and he said this is all just noise being put out by the NFL to muddy the waters to try to snowjob the country into accepting the league's slap on the wrist that Goodell will eventually give to his butt buddy Kraft.

_

NY Jets68 likes this.
  7. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

I linked the page because it says the following:

Foreign Substances On Body/Uniform
    A player may not use foreign substances (e.g., stickum or slippery compounds) on his
    body or uniform. Because such a violation affects the integrity of the competition and
    can give a team an unfair advantage, game officials will check randomly selected
    offensive and defensive linemen for foreign substances as they leave the locker room
    prior to the game and prior to the beginning of the second half. If a violation is
    detected, the player’s jersey will be confiscated immediately, and the jersey must be
    replaced and in compliance before the player may participate in the game.
    During the game, if a player is detected with a foreign substance on his body or
    uniform, he will be suspended from the game immediately for at least one play, and his
    team will also be charged a timeout.
    The jersey in question will be confiscated by game officials, and must be replaced and in
    compliance before the player may re-enter the game. The involved player(s) will be
    subject to a significant fine and the club may also be subject to disciplinary action.

Regarding the document, it was released when the NFL it's schedule of fines in 2011 seen here:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/09/15/nfl-releases-details-on-fines-discipline/

Stickum is illegal, and you look foolish.

8. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

I see that it may happen sooner than later....the hits keep on coming, if we have another white wash with deflate gate and a few other issues, i think people will finally get to that tipping point.

Check this out...
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...league-title?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news

lets strip all tainted championships, olympics has wised up and so have the cycling.

This is what the NFL has been doing on Goodell's watch, Kraft getting cozy with an ex Jet employee.....seriously....it's to turn favoritism....Cheat Cheat Cheat

9. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, that's terrific ... except for the fact that the NFL Rulebook expressly exempts tacky substances placed on a player's gloves that does not leave a residue on the ball:

(i) Adhesive or slippery substances on the body, equipment, or uniform of any player; provided, however, that players may wear gloves with a tackified surface if such tacky substance does not adhere to the football or otherwise cause handling problems for players.

Here's a picture of Jerry Rice ...

[​IMG]

What are those things he's wearing on his hands? Oh, they are called "gloves"? Then unless the residue was coming off and sticking on the ball (something you have absolutely no evidence of), Rice was operating within the guidelines set forth in the NFL Rulebook.

So, in conclusion, you're wrong. Again. As always.

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Stop derailing the thread.

_

11. New England Patriots

Stickum is illegal in the NFL. Your link says, my link says it and everyone else in this thread says it. You're outright delusional at this point.

It's curious as to why this is such a sticking point to you. Does it show your own bias? Do you want to believe the Patriots are alone in their "cheating"? That every great franchise in the history of the NFL has it's legacy "tainted".

You know what, forget it. You are wrong. Stickum is illegal. If I was wrong, there would be 50 Jet fans sending links my way saying that I was an idiot for believing this. Anyone else support the claim that stickum is legal? Bueller?

12. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Pats fans before the Spygate verdict thought they had won the internet court case before their team, head coach and draft got smacked in the dirt, then they spent 12 years denying any guilt and pretending they were lawyers, don't be surprised when the same thing happens with this

NY Jets68 likes this.
  13. New England Patriots

Again, all I hear from you is "wahhhhhhh" when you type. It's deafening.

14. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Pats fans are the guy that gets his sack smashed by a cop after weaving through traffic in a school zone when the lights are flashing and then tells everyone he knows that everyone else was going just as fast as him

15. Unhappyjetsfan

Why would they be sending links when every two pages of this thread I post the actual rule (quoted directly from the NFL rulebook) and it completely contradicts what you have to say. You look ridiculous. To paraphrase the rule, it says "Stickum is illegal, unless it's used only on the gloves and it does not come off and remain on the ball" and you keep countering that with "Yeah, but it says Stickum is illegal." You sound like a moron. There is no evidence (none, zero, zilch, nada) that Rice was not in compliance with the rules. You have no evidence and you can produce no evidence. And, regardless, it's all a sideshow distraction in which you are trying to deflect attention from your own team's cheating by saying "See, everyone cheats ... just like us!" Sorry, no. Your team cheats and that's what we're talking about.

16. New England Patriots

Nice edit. Was that the year he won a championship with the Raiders?

Here's another picture of Jerry Rice. While stickum was illegal at all points of his career, even if it was legal to put on gloves, he was not wearing them in this picture. He claimed to use stickum throughout his career:

[​IMG]

Cheater.

17. New England Patriots

You are ignoring the league memo that was sent out during the 2011 season. Look at you, a little Belichick in the making.

18. Unhappyjetsfan

In the Rice video where he discusses using adhesive, he is specifically speaking about using it on gloves. The entire video is about the history of glove use in the NFL. Try again, Cheaties fans.

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yeah I'm sure they got everybody in on the conspiracy. The Browns thing came out even before the ball deflation issue.

Jealousgate

20. Unhappyjetsfan

Until you utilize a time machine to go back 20 years and rewrite the NFL rulebook to not say what it expressly says (that you can use adhesive on gloves), you're wrong. Let me know when you invent the flux capacitor, McFly.

Regardless, how does that affect the Patriots cheating by deflating balls in contravention to league rules?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.