RAMBO's Pre Combine Mock Offseason

Discussion in 'Draft' started by RAMBO, Feb 5, 2015.

1. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

CUTS
    Calvin Pace Save 2.125M
    Chris Johnson Save 3.75M
    Percy Harvin Save 10.5M
    Jason Babin Save 1.5M

RESTRUCTURE
    Muhammad Wilkerson 6 yrs 72M 12M/yr

RE-SIGN
    Bilal Powell 3 yrs 3M 1M/yr
    Leger Douzable 2 yrs 3M 1.5M/yr
    Tanner Purdam 2 yrs 1.8M 900K/yr

FREE AGENTS
    Demaryius Thomas, WR 5 yrs 75M 15M/yr
    Devin McCourty, FS 5 yrs 45M 9M/yr
    Antonio Cromartie, CB 2 yrs 8M 4M/yr
    Mike Iupati, G 4 yrs 20M 5M/yr
    Kareem Jackson, CB 4 yrs 32M 8M/yr
    Matt Moore, QB 1 yr 1M 1M/yr

DRAFT
    Round 1: Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska
    Round 2: Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami
    Round 3: Dorial Green-Beckham, WR
    Round 4: Bruce Petty, QB, Baylor
    Round 5: Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska
    Round 7: BPA

DEPTH CHART
    QB: Geno Smith, Matt Moore, Bryce Petty
    RB: Chris Ivory, Bilal Powell, Ameer Abdullah
    FB: Tommy Bohannon
    WR: Demaryius Thomas, Dorial Green-Beckham, Shaq Evans
    WR: Eric Decker, Chris Owusa
    SLOT: Jeremy Kerley, TJ Graham
    TE: Jace Amaro, Jeff Cumberland, Zack Sudfield
    LT: D'Brickishaw Ferguson
    LG: Mike Iupati, Brian Winters
    C: Nick Mangold, Dalton Freeman
    RG: Oday Aboushi, Dakota Dozier
    RT: Breno Giacomini, Ben Ijanla

DE: Sheldon Richardson, Leger Douzable
    NT: Damon Harrison, TJ Barnes
    DE: Muhammad Wilkerson
    LOLB: Quinton Coples, IK Enemkapali
    MLB: Demario Davis
    MLB: Denzel Perryman, Nick Bellore
    ROLB: Randy Gregory, Trevor Reilly
    CB: Kareem Jackson, Dee Milliner, Darrin Walls
    FS: Devin McCourty, Jaiqwuan Jarrett
    SS: Calvin Pryor, Antonio Allen
    CB: Antonio Cromartie, Dexter McDougle, Marcus Williams

K: Nick Folk
    P: Ryan Quigley
    LS: Tanner Purdam

I think we score big in free agency and draft BPA for the draft and get some great young players as well as some young, proven FA. I know we are bringing in a bunch of big name FA's what may seem unrealistic but we have the money and most are still young. Winston, Mariota, Williams, Cooper, Ray were all gone by our pick. Gregory is one of the best pass rushers in the draft so we finally get that pass rushing LB we needed and Perryman can come in right away and take over for Harris. DGB falls de to bad interviews at the Combine (which I think could happen) and we snag him in the 3rd because he is just too good to pass up. Petty comes in as a project QB and Abdullah had a good Senior Bowl so we give him a shot.

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Your free agents and draft would solve a lot of problems but Ameer Abdullah will never last until the 5th round. I personally don't see the Broncos letting D. Thomas get away......your cuts are the exact same as Cimini's on a NY ESPN article posted just today.....

3. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Avid madden player I assume? DT will either be tagged or resigned and if he wasn't there is no way we would sign him, McCourty, and Iupati. It would be literally impossible. Jackson/Cro would be great reasonable adds to the secondary.

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

What is ridiculous about Iupati and McCourty we have tons of cap space it wouldn't be impossible and I don't know if D Thomas will be let go but if he does I think there is a strong chance to sign him due to Decker and the fact that in an interview he called him his brother and how awesome it would be to play on the same team.

5. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I haven't read the Cimini article yet those just seem to be reasonable cuts due to cap and aging players

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Does not seem too realistic. Sign me up if you could make it happen.

Antonio Cromartie, CB 2 yrs 8M 4M/yr
    Mike Iupati, G 4 yrs 20M 5M/yr
    Matt Moore, QB 1 yr 1M 1M/yr

These three guys and their agents could laugh at your offer and call you John Idzick for being so cheap.

Perryman is the only draft pick that might be available where you picked him.

Gregory would be an upgrade over Pace but you dump Babin without replacing him. The money you are wasting on Cumberland and Powell could be used to keep Babin and resign Ellis.

7. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

It's not realistic to expect that McCourty and DT will even be on the market. As much as DT and Decker are boys it doesn't matter if Denver won't let him hit the open market. If we were to somehow get 2 of those 3 it would be insanely impressive.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Even if this was somewhat realistic we'll be in cap hell in no time along with guaranteeing we do not have a chance at resigning Richardson in two years, or Harrison this year.

I do want Mccourty a lot though as he gives us a center fielder that doesn't give up big plays. Unrealistic that he'll hit the market

9. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

not realistic at all

10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Really pushing the cap limit there.

Obviously Demaryius would be a tremendous addition, but first and foremost he seems extremely unlikely to reach free agency... Who would Peyton have to throw to?

I wouldn't be opposed to McCourty... I would prefer Orlando Franklin to Iupati, who will demand much more than 5M/year. Zane Beadles got 5yr/30M, so I figure Iupati will be looking for about 8M. Cromartie will probably cost a little more than 4M, but that's not way off base IMO. Matt Moore will command more also

I could live with that draft, although I doubt DGB or Ameer Abdullah will be available when they're picked. I'd like to see a young OT taken somewhere ideally, but probably not urgent if you have faith in Breno and Brick

I'd keep Babin at that salary as he was solid last year and would prevent Gregory from being forced into full-time action; probably would be a good tutor.

11. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Yeah sorry, - as I respect the work & ideas that go into a mock, but no way Iupati signs that. Logan Mankins got 6yrs $51 million ($30 mill guaranteed).
    I'd be looking moreso at Clint Boling getting a Jon Asamoah contract (5yrs $22-$25 million).
    We're not getting D. Thomas away from Denver.
    I had Kareem Jackson in my mock. As much as I like Cro, we have to roll 1 more year with D. Milliner; - we used the 9th overall pick on him! We can't quit now.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I rather find my star players in the draft than overpay for them in FA.

13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Free agents are proven commodities while draft picks are lottery tickets.

I would rather win the lottery than have to work for a living but the odds of doing so are small.

14. legler82

Speaking of things that have been proven, team;s that tend to spend heavy in FA tend to now win.

15. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

I agree, but we have too many holes to fill in the draft, a ton of money, and a new regime that will want their own guys

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

1. A certain amount of the money needs to be spent per nfl rules. So it doesn't matter if you want to build through the draft or not, you need to spend the money.

2. You can not expect a team to fill every hole through the draft. There needs to be a mixture of youth and veteran talent.

17. legler82

Yes but I disagree with the strategy of signing a bunch of big names via FA. I rather my stars come via the draft and complementary players via FA.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

Who would be our DT in this situation? No snacks or Ellis

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No offense, but I think you need to do some more research and re-work your math. You don't mention how much cap space your moves would give, but your signings total to $56.4 million per year. I think your figures are way off as well. There's no way you'd get Iupati to sign for $5 million per (I think $8-9 million per year is more likely), or Matt Moore for $1 million per year. $9 million for McCourty is nuts, although I like that you brought in a FS. $8 million might be too high for Jackson. You also didn't re-sign Ellis or Snacks, so who plays NT?

I'd also pretty much hate your draft. I've been screaming for an OLB for at least 10 years, but Gregory isn't even the best OLB in the draft and at least one prognosticator is saying that he could be a bust. Dare I mention the last time we took an OLB at #6? That's not really a reason not to take an OLB that high however, but it is when he has bust potential. If Mariota, Cooper, White or an OT isn't there at #6, then I'd go for Fowler if he's there, not Gregory.

I like the Perryman pick in the 2nd round a lot. I love Green-Beckham's talent, but not his character and wouldn't want to waste a draft pick on him unless the Jets really do their due diligence. I'll really be surprised if the Jets seriously consider him. I don't think that's something they can afford to miss on. I love Abdullah, but don't see him falling to the 5th round under any circumstances unless it comes out that he's a rapist or something. Petty has some potential, but with all the team's other needs, I 'm not sure he would be the wisest use of the Jets' #4 pick.

20. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I'd be disappointed if this is how things play out.

Bilal Powell is worse than JAG. No reason to bring him back.

To sign all the players listed would cost too much.

Also need to factor in Damon Harrison's salary increase, assuming he gets the 1st or 2nd round tender or some kind of extension.

I would cut Cumberland and sign Charles Clay or Jordan Cameron.

In the draft I would stay away from Gregory and Green-Beckham.