Glennon or Mallett

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Feb 4, 2015.

?

Who would you rather the Jets bring in this offseason

Poll closed Mar 4, 2015.
  1. Mike Glennon

58.6%
  2. Ryan Mallett

41.4%
  1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Add Kirk Cousins as a option please.:)

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

And Sam Bradford.

3. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Bradford is young enough to be the long term answer at QB. Yes he has been injured but there is no reason not to investigate what it would cost, and to see how healthy he is by checking him out. If he could be had for a 3rd round pick, I would be tempted to go for it.

4. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Please don't.

5. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Matt Moore to hold down the fort for a year or two. I really believe that this will be Geno's final season as a Jet.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I just don't think given our problems at quarterback, and most recently WITH Chad and his world of talent but inability to stay healthy, that this regime with take a higher risk on a player like that for anything higher than a 5th round pick.

They can't especially since there is a precedent set for a quick trigger in this franchise now.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Ok, then let me clarify. I do not believe we need a scrambling QB who has ok arm strength. I'd prefer big strong Pocket QB that can make all the throws and has been experienced making tough tight throws. I do not believe that QB is Mariota and if we can make a trade that gets us multiple draft picks and/or a proven QB, then sign me up.

8. Murrell2878

Why does everyone have such a hard on for Matt Moore? Its been years that so many people have been drooling for him to come here. I'll pass on him.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Because the Jets are the only team he beats for some reason haha

Murrell2878 likes this.
  10. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

One could say the same with Glennon… I think we're all just looking for stopgaps till we find a QB with playoff competitive upside(that hasn't regressed)

its a desperate time. its an age of mediocrity at QB…Moore looks great as a bridge to another guy in this kind of age.

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Probably because he is sadly the best option available.

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'd take Moore who reportedly will test free agent waters. He might be interested in the Jets where he'd have a good chance to start. As for Geno. He has no more guaranteed money left but he's still on his original rookie contract. For 2015 with workout etc bonuses he'll get around 850k. For 2016 slightly over a mil. This is pretty economical for a backup Qb. To get Moore they might have to pay him over 4 mil per.

13. Murrell2878

HAHA, I was actually thinking the same thing!!

14. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Which is why you get a guy like that as a stop gap and draft Mariota at 6. I was an OL guy at six until I put more thought into it. Problem is that unlike some I don't expect to be drafting in the top 10 or maybe even top 15 next year so even if there are 5 stud QBS in the draft next year (which there won't be) then we will be getting exactly none of them. Better to get one of the top options in the year you have a top pick to do it because even mediocrity won't land you a top pick to get a QB down the road.

15. Murrell2878

Do yourself a favor and find some time to watch some of Glennon. You will quickly see that he is not a stop gap.

16. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

already on it before you posted, next tab. :cool:

so far, meh, I started watching 2013 vs MIA, I've not seen anything Smith couldn't do as far as passing goes. he's better at dropping back but thats it. any recommended games? cause I just looked up a random one, I was gonna find his worst and best games stats wise and move from their.

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Mallette is a free agent and reportedly the Texans want him back. Glennon isn't a free agent so you'd have to trade a pick or player for him.

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

And regardless of which QB the Bucs take, there makes little sense for them to trade (or cut) an experienced QB still on his rookie contract ala Geno.

Bucs aren't trading Glennon this year. No reason to.

_

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

They still have McCown. Who is on the 2nd year of a two year 10 mil deal. About half of it is guaranteed. So if they draft Winston you would think the Bucs would start McCown for at least the first half of 2015. That makes Glennon who they are not high on maybe available. One rumor has the Browns interested in him.

PickSix likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's a fair statement. That's all I was after. I can understand why people don't like Mariota and/or would be hesitant to draft him. I just took issue with the statement that he wouldn't be a fit, which is nonsense due to the fact that Gailey shapes his offense around the talents of his players. So from that perspective at least, any QB with any real talent and potential should be a fit in Gailey's offense.