Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yep, that really helped Dallas in Green Bay.

BeastBeach likes this.
  2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Didn't hurt Dallas getting into Green Bay

3. nyjunc

bad calls happen, Detroit had every opportunity to win that game after the bad call and if Dallas is getting special treatment by the refs why have they won just 2 playoff games since 1997?

4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Save the Seahawks game, Dallas was blown out in all other games.

The league has probably reached the most corrupt point since I have been a fan circa 1998. That's disappointing to me. Probably doesn't help that New England just hoisted another trophy; and are the subject of a league investigation into scandal, cheating, and fraud for their part in the most recent AFC Championship game and perhaps as long as 2006.

Nothing to see here; the "sport" of Professional football, brought to you by the NFL, is great entertainment.

5. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Everyone cheats. We just do it better!

Congratulations scumbags! Enjoy your tainted rings.

7. New England Patriots

It's more that if there is a difference in the amount of "taint" you apply to each teams respective championships, you lose credibility. The Patriots haven't even been proven guilty and there is taint here. Jerry Rice is openly admitting that he cheated and there is no taint on Joe Montana. Logic fail.

8. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

No. I believe that the Patriot Way is calculated, systemic cheating that has gone one for over a decade. Jerry Rice saying he put stickum on balls doesn't absolve, explain away, or excuse anything that the Pats have done. You are simply deflecting responsibility and denying accountability.

NY Jets68 and JetsVilma28 like this.
  9. New England Patriots

You missed my point. The lack of outrage that Jerry Rice cheated his way to SB victories is evidence that this is simply just hatred for what the Patriots have done to the league the last 14 years. There is some level of "cheating" going on in every game. 70's was the vaseline, 80's was the stickem. This does not tarnish what these great teams have accomplished, unless it's the Patriots. The Patriots haven't even been proven to have cheated and their SB is now tarnished. Jerry has openly admitted it, yet no one is saying that his SB's are tarnished. The tide does seem to be turning on this since the Patriots have won the SB, but that doesn't change the haters/medias well observed bias in this matter.

10. nyjunc

they lost close games to miss out on playoffs each of the 3 previous seasons.

you need to stop w/ the conspiracy theories.

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I think his point, misguided as it is, is that the media and fans aren't making as big a deal of it as the Pats cheating.

All the while dismissing the fact that the Pats have actually been convicted once of cheating, been caught another time and had it swept under the rug, been accused of cheating numerous other times and now faced with 11 deflated footballs. At least once and likely more times.

Yeah, but Jerry Rice. Stickum.

_

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'll start: [​IMG]

Axel3419 likes this.
  13. New England Patriots

The Jets have been convicted of cheating. All the rest of your comments are unfounded and come off as sour grapes. Which is unsurprising given the poster.

14. nyjunc

the Pats did that too by the way.

15. New England Patriots

The Patriots were never convicted of this, which is why I used this as an example. Many teams are convicted of "cheating" including the Jets.

16. nyjunc

I believe every team tries to gain an edge any way they can which is why I don't think what NE has done is a big deal.

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I did not miss the point. I rejected your argument as nothing more than excuses and a lack of accountability that has dogged the Patriots since Spygate. The Patriot Way is win at all costs, break the rules, stretch the rules, interpret rules to exploit them to your advantage, reject sportsmanship, lie, deny, cover up, blame, deflect, and excuse. You are hated because you are lying, murderous cheats, and everyone knows it - that is public opinion, and it does not require any proof other than what we already know.

I have 100 times more respect for Jerry Rice - at least he owns it. Has Brady owned up to anything? BB? Kraft? Ever? No, because that is the Patriot Way - Prove that we did anything wrong while we get angry and indignant, then we will give you excuses, then we will spin it in a way that doesn't make it look as bad, then we will tell you we would've won anyway because we are wicked awesome and you suck, then we will rub your noses in it next time we meet. You made your bed - this is the Patriots legacy. Like I said in my previous post, I believe the Patriot Way is synonymous with systemic and continuous cheating. Sure, it hasn't been proven, but I am convinced of it and no amount of excuses or blame-deflecting will lead me to a different conclusion.

NY Jets68 and JetsVilma28 like this.
  18. JStokes

And again, we are not talking about the Jets or Jerry Rice or anyone else. We are talking about the patriots cheating.

The Pats are convicted cheaters and have been implicated in multiple cheating incidents over the years.

Defend your team's cheating.

Don't be a child like in playschool and whine to the teacher "well Johnny did it too".

What is surprising to me is that you're a Pats fan on a Jets board trying to convince Jet fans that your team doesn't cheat all the while making excuses for your team and deflecting with red herrings.

And when I say "suprising" I really mean "pathetic".

_

19. JStokes

Well said Sir, very well said.

_

20. nyjunc

did Rice "own it" in his playing days? maybe 20-30 years from now Brady will talk about it and "own it". Rice is a hypocrite, admits cheating but thinks NE's titles are tainted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.