Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

So "Greatness requires cheating" is the newest weak excuse? Holy balls. It just gets worse and worse. Lance Armstrong. Ben Johnson. Tiger Woods. Barry Bonds. The Patriots. Great company to be in.

2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

TLDR. You are making excuses for what is a simple fact. Your team cheated its way to every accomplishment it has ever won. The only legacy you can lay claim to is that of a cheating bunch of scumbag liars. The sooner you come to grips with the eventuality of this and stop blaming everyone else, you might restore some semblance of dignity. Until then, you are just pathetic.

rammagen likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm not sure about the Pats but the NFL is screwed at this point. They've just had one of their two huge days of the year shat all over and there's no way to put the controversy back in the bag at this point. The Cheatriots is now the flagship franchise of the NFL. If the NFL gets really lucky the Pats get rolled tonight and everybody can go on the cheaters getting what is due to them path instead of the cheaters prevail path.

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Yes, I am sure the NFL would be keeping this out there if only one ball was deflated. They would have announced it the day after the AFCCG and moved forward. No way they would have had this hanging on SB week for one ball deflated.

5. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

How sure can you be with that moron running the league? :)

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So an elderly man took the balls into the restroom, not a "ballboy". That's interesting. Who is this man?

I also noticed that you left out the following point:
    Which lends credence to the possibility of a second bag of pre-deflated balls being available in that bathroom for a switcharoo. Not that 98 seconds isn't enough to deflate, but there's another logical possiblity now. I believe SteveGrogan told us he could prove this didn't happen but he never followed up with it.

7. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Chris Carter just killed them.....forever cheaters. Legacy tainted

rammagen likes this.
  8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I just watched a short subject on Belichick and Brady on ESPN narrated by Robert Kraft. There is nothing at all entertaining about Kraft. He's boring. And humorless. Everything about him is pompous. In the early days of the feud between the Jets and his team after Parcells left NEP for the Jets and BB went to New England Kraft was boastful and went out of his way to rub it in (esp against us) when they started winning. So I've always despised him. But would I take him over Woody. Sure.

9. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

That was unintentional.

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-footballs-a-few-ticks-under-proper-pressure/

Report: Many of Patriots footballs “a few ticks” under proper pressure

Posted by Josh Alper on February 1, 2015, 2:14 PM EST
    [​IMG]Getty Images
    Back when the story of under-inflated footballs in the AFC Championship game was fresh and new, Chris Mortensen of ESPN reported that 11 of the 12 footballs the Patriots used in the first half of the game were two pounds per square inch under the NFL’s prescribed pressure for balls used in games.
    That report became a centerpiece of much discussion about the situation and the Patriots’ possible role in deflating the balls, even after PFT reported last week that only the ball intercepted by Colts linebacker D’Qwell Jackson came in two pounds under the 12.5 PSI threshold. The rest of the balls were closer to the line by about one pound.
    Now Ian Rapoport of NFL Media is reporting something similar. Rapoport reports that many of the other 11 footballs were “just a few ticks” under the minimum, although those ticks aren’t quantified, perhaps because, as NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino confirmed, the league doesn’t log the PSI of each ball before the game.
    While the word on the level of deflation was already out there, the fact that a league-owned concern is reporting it is a notable development as we wait for the league to say something definitive on the issue.

Hmmm, Only the ball the Colts handled was 2 psi under?

11. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Walt didn't bother to write down anything about the Colts' footballs.

Can you quote me a psi value of any of the Pats' balls or the Colts' balls either before the game or at halftime? No, you can't.

Can you tell me what normally happens to the psi value of a football between the beginning of a game and halftime in weather conditions? You can't.

Does it stay the same? Increase? Decrease? Shouldn't be too hard to find out. A 12-year-old could do this as a science project. And the NFL could have done it before accusing the Pats of cheating.

And, as for the Colts' footballs... Walt didn't bother to write down the psi values of any of them, before the game or at halftime. Using them as a "control" won't work.[/QUOTE]

Who the F-ck are U? Taking various id's to post. Your pats are the lowest of the low. Deny it all U want the rest of the country knows it. Your a total douch azz wipe.

12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Here it is the day of the superbowl and pats fans are rushing to TGG to post about how they might have only cheated a little bit in the AFCCG.

FlaJet and Burning Elvii like this.
  14. Burning Elvii

Once a cheater, always a cheater

15. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Exactly. A bunch of azz wipes. U would think they would be with friends and family getting ready for the big game, making a football pool on what new cheating tactics they might use. Go be with your homies pat fans.

[​IMG]

Burning Elvii likes this.
  16. Burning Elvii

The small bathroom with no camera, brilliant cheating minds they have at 1 Patriot Place, route 1 foxboro, ma

I thought the switch of bags was a possibility

17. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

How much PSI is a tick?

19. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

A tick is a very scientific measurement that can fluctuate PSI depending on the amount of hot air emanating from your sideline.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Apology incoming ?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.