Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Errogant prick, must be a Pats fan

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Not one of his better moments. And the "I don't think you'd volunteer to pay for it Rachel" revealed a catty, thin-skinned lack of poise by Goodell.

3. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

He definitely responded defensively about the question but I didn't see anything comparable to the basic definition of the word "chastise". Then again you kind of sound like a guy that lives in a place of passive aggressive behavior (as opposed to the overaggressive background of a football player you profess to have) so maybe that's why you see it that way.

The reality is that his posture during this press conference is a complete 180 degrees from last year and he is definitely feeling pressure about his personal relationship to Kraft which was probably the trigger for his response. Amazing that there are still morons at the Patsfans boards calling him a Jets man after he spent the night before the AFCC slurping soup across the dinner table from old man Kraft's nymph biscuit.

#3503 Charlie Kelly, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  4. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Well, the remark "I don't think you want to pay for it Rachael" seemed like he was reprimanding her.

The bolded is funny. You must be very angry.

5. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

The true culprit (something pat fans can hang their hat on):

6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

So you want the NFL to go back and look at the computer entries logged by the Deflated Balls Taken Out of Game Official for each game, make a spread sheet of all that information and do a statistical analysis?

You know what? Nobody thought a team would stoop to letting air out of balls during a game so there IS no Deflated Balls Taken Out of Game Official and there are no records or computer entries or pencil scratches logging any of that.

I guess because there is no record of something that has never been recorded, that means the Pats are innocent?

Poof.

_

NY Jets68 likes this.
  7. SteveGrogan

It was actually a suggestion... pretty sound one too.

What the hell is wrong with you anyway?

I mean I know you went to syracuse which is enough to make anyone want to jump out a window all on it's own, that city should be leveled - but seriously what is it with you?

8. JStokes

He definitely didn't chastise her but that was a snarky comment and the commentators on ESPN radio were chastising Goodell for it.

And the fact that he remembers her making a similar comment last year to me says that was a comment he was waiting use and it backfired on him.

_

9. JStokes

No it's a stupid suggestion, its a waste of time and effort. Maybe they should log baseballs and tennis balls taken out of games too.

How about your team just doesn't cheat?

Oh, and go fuck yourself "Vice President" lololol.

_

10. SteveGrogan

Or just ask. Man I just feel sorry for you.

11. JStokes

Look, I know you had a shitty time at your shitty state school, probably buggered quite a bit in the dorm rooms because you were such a pansy, but some of us really enjoyed college and grad school.

Like, almost everyone. Too bad you missed out on that.

Man, I feel sorry for you.

_

12. Charlie Kelly

Speaking of bolded, the bolded is a way for people that want to passive aggressively get a rise out of someone. I should be a profiler.

I'd think that a VP would know the difference between "reprimand" and "chastise", if I didn't work in a corporation that had 9000 VPs who had stock options (yeah most are "part owners" LOL), many of which could be used as kindling if they cared to downsize.

#3512 Charlie Kelly, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  13. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Do we seriously have to have more rules added in for girly girl Brady since he lobbies for the pussification of the game

Can't hit QB rule, change the inflation range to suit small soft ball man, I'm sure I missed a few

They might as we'll add a honor award at end of season for whining at officials......

FlaJet likes this.
  14. JStokes

No what dickhead is suggesting that in order to convict the Pats THIS time, the NFL needs to go back and search for records that have never been kept. Absence of such records must exonerate them, right?

"Oh, you don't have records of that? Then the Pats are innocent."

GTFO toolbag.

_

RuJFan and NY Jets68 like this.
  15. Charlie Kelly

I think him remembering her previous comment actually supports his defensive posture about conflict of interest, which sounds like it has been a point of contention in the past internally since he has never addressed it before like this with the press. You have to wonder if those owners meetings have gotten heated for that exact purpose.

16. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Yes I've been seeing that from every pats hole fan..... Protocols were followed and the Pats were caught with illegal footballs in a championship game, they should have awarded the colts the win at halftime.

rammagen likes this.
  17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

A week ago SteveGrogan was in the midst of an existential crisis because of the possibility he'd invested so much of his fandom in an organization that might have been a bunch of lowlife idiots. Then he found his beer muscles and was betting all Jets fans basically that OJ wouldn't go to jail, he was so confident. Now he's settled into this awkward phase trying to ingratiate himself to Jets fans while maintaining there is still no proof the gloves don't fit. What a herb.

I have to tell you, if this is any indication of what its like to follow a successful football team, I'll take the Jets for the rest of my life. At least I'm confident about getting laid once or twice while Obama is still in office.

18. SteveGrogan

Hahahahahaha... the misery I'm seeing displayed here is making me feel pretty good about myself.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

self-esteem. It's what's for dinner.

20. Charlie Kelly

You would get laid thrice in a while if you lived on some ambiguous beach in SoCal walking your dog in front of women that no matter what they look like you will characterize to the internet as hot.

Heck even quadruple in a while bro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.