Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

My feelings exactly! I'm hopeful, but not trusting

2. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

It was off and on, but he was actually in New England from I can't even remember when.... long before Parcells.

3. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna count his time as admin and offensive assistant in 75-78 ish.....but you're right he was brought on after memorizing play books and wrote scouting reports

His real tandem was with BB in NY, Cleveland and NE

They need to pull,the plug on him (NFL)'. Hopefully when they showed (nfl) up in NE and took his computers they took em rig to the forensics lab to get all the erased chacAnery.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This is the defining moment for Goodel. He will show America and his kids and grand kids one thing. Does he have balls to punish Pats or no? I am browsing other team sites. Almost everyone is convinced Pats cheated. And everyone wants to see Pats to be punished. If Goodel has balls, he will do something about it. If not, he will admit he is incompetent as a commissioner.

rammagen, RuJFan and Burning Elvii like this.
  5. Burning Elvii

You're gonna
    I think u will find the majority of teams fan sites are united in not only that they cheated but the league is at a point of possibly losing fans in a mass exodus if another wrist slap is applied... This is 2 investigated incidents out of dozens of other complaints. All the other years of massive issues with players conduct, the concussions. The old retired players cheating, officiating, the mass marketing over saturation......pigs,get fat hogs get slaughtered

Goodell kind of admitted he was major incompetent this year with his admission today "it was a rough year for me professionally and personally"

FlaJet and Brook! like this.
  6. SteveGrogan

Yeah I would love to know that true relationship. I wonder if he's just a walking statistician - Football's money ball guy. The one thing about the Patriots is their ability to get value out of players. Maybe that's it? Percentages against team weaknesses?

Why knows?

7. Burning Elvii

There is value in the extra work to scout but they take nobodies and turn them into stars.....some of that can be explained by coaching and practice but the numbers bear out a lot of outliers that they're doing something else....

Will you entertain in your mind that they're not doing the rest on the up and up?

This deflating balls thing is more advantageous than people really will wrap their heads around

Now we have the 8th season of undefeated home wins for them under Brady and Belichick.....next closet is elway and Denver at 3....... The black ops is the only answer.......

8. Burning Elvii

Ernie is the only guy who can take the spygate tapes and turn them around by half time. He learned the memorized the offensive and defensive play books in 1975 in 4 days.....

So when the spygate films turned over by Walsh and NE were examined, they found so me films from the sideline of teams they were not going to play again that year or next.....which means they were using it the day they played them

Adams is equivalent t to Rain Man. But no one wants to call that out

9. SteveGrogan

I think it's a possibility but my guess is we'd disagree on how remote of one, and also effectiveness for that sort of thing. I think it has much more to do with what plays are run against what type of defenses. That's going to have more of an effect than 2 and certainly 1 psi of air pressure in the football. In my opinion anyway. The Patriots come out with new offense and defenses every single week, and they make changes mid game into something entirely different. There are insane statistics at work I'm sure... that's what I assume Ernie does. He's statting out football as if it's baseball.

10. Burning Elvii

That's where Ernie is key, it's his work that measles Bill look good. The rushing game in bad weather in NE is off the charts......I've don't the tests and played sandlot with above and under inflated balls......guess which ones most people prefer? The soft.

11. SteveGrogan

I've played enough football to know that the worst particular psi below assumed would not result in "off the charts" type of differences. But yes, I agree it is possible that it could give a hair of an unfair edge.

12. SteveGrogan

So, during the course of the game the referee's reject footballs they feel are not usable... my understanding is that this is a common thing in every game. It'd be pretty easy to look back at how many footballs the Patriots have tossed vs other teams and that's the easiest and most statistically accurate way to prove wrong doing.

13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Did you also cross Canadian border, was in undisclosed special forces, almost moved to Australia and a life long gym member?

#3493 RuJFan, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  14. SteveGrogan

Yes.

15. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Just had to post this funny one:
    [​IMG]

16. felker

felker Active Member

Didn't I catch your maths error in your ideal gas law calculation? Before Neil DeGrasse Tyson realized he made the same error you did?

Doesn't this give you a clue that I may know something about what I am talking about?

The fact is Ernie Sharp's stuff is wrong. It's been debunked many other places too. Too bad you can't see it.

If you don't like the posting in 538, here's another one that gives some further insights.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/why-those-statistics-about-the-patriots-fumbles-are-mos-1681805710

It's not as mathematically rigorous as the 538 posting, but it shows to what lengths Sharp has tortured his data.

It's quite possible the Pats cheated. However this statistical evidence presented by Sharp is not valid, period.

17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

This is what I hear with all of the Patsfags backtracking, outward fingerpointing and obfuscation.

[​IMG]
    _

18. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

this was the article from 358......you know the one you said someone wrote and did not.....and while you may have an idea of what your talking about in 99 percent of the information you are using is skewed towards your view. Frankly you could be a Rhodes freaking scholar and still be wrong.

You are telling us we are supposed to believe that qb cant tell the inflation of football but everyone else can? And caught what flaw in my math dude you must be high ....because you caught crap in my math unless you are confusing me with someone else. The only thing you are catch here is a case of the ass. No matter how many times you try to explain away anything the basic facts apply why did the Pats balls deflate but the Colts balls are fine.

You posted an article that was slanted towards your point of view but ignored the premise and the basic facts. That pats fumbled less after 2006 then in the previous years and this was the yr brady asked for the nfl to allow the qbs their own balls. Players leave fumble more come back fumble less.
    You can't explain away that

Can't you face it you might be wrong and won't convince any here that pats are sooo much better then anyone else. They cheated once you accept that you will be happier

FlaJet likes this.
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

20. SteveGrogan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.