Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Hey VP I bet you cheated your way up the chain

2. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

You realize the only reason I said that was to retort the comment about my career. I have no interest in bragging and haven't here. I don't think a position on the food chain matters for much of anything, which is why I moved to California. What matters is coming up with an idea to solve a problem, and then executing it. You could be anyone here, if your idea is the best it is the one which is used. Doesn't matter if you started by sweeping the floor.

The corporate and business culture of New York (the northeast in general) made life not worth living there. It's like a museum to me, nothing is created there anymore. All that top-down, wait your turn stuff to me is worthless.

Plus cold weather sucks.

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Not anger. Hatred!

4. SteveGrogan

Don't you think Rex had an unfair shake with the management structure the way it was? He seems like a players coach and a staunch defender of anyone on his "team". If I had the ability to play in the NFL, I'm pretty sure he's the coach I'd want to play for.

5. Burning Elvii

Fair enough, enjoy the Bay Area sharks...... And your 550k 2 bedroom house, and your reduclous taxes, and every one is a vp

6. SteveGrogan

Hey everyone has preferences. I was on the UWS last year, and I hated every single moment of it. Never going back. But some people absolutely love it.

Some people are west coast people, some are east coast people - and I'm not sure it has much to do with where you were born. I think probably 40% of the people in the northeast should leave, I think they'd be happier. Not saying it'd have to be CA but anywhere that speaks to them. This idea that you have to stay planted in 2015 seems crazy to me. Like crap dogma.

I'm pretty laid back... enjoy sunshine and a summer of no rain. Combine that with the business culture and it works. The east coast is for a certain type of person, and I am not that person.

7. SteveGrogan

Then again, an old college friend I have came out here. I tried to give him a hand getting back up on his feet so he lived here for free. Took him 9 months to get a job. (which is insane for here, if you have a beating heart someone will hire you for good pay in a week) The weekend he did he got drunk and put an ad on craigslist casual encounters - this disgusting chick comes over. Knuckles dragging on the floor kind of stuff. And he banged her.

That was 3 months ago.

Today, she's 3 months pregnant and he just moved into a trailer behind her parents house. True story.

Not all fairy tales I suppose. If anyone ever needed a code red in life it's him.

#3387 SteveGrogan, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  8. Burning Elvii

Some people never change like a leopard never changes their spots...... Like Cheating Bill

9. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Damn female pat fans..;

[​IMG]

10. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

But you're old and you live in Santa Clara, so your indirect attempts to prop up your career are hollow based on that alone. Santa Clara is where entry-level programmers and college students cram together in 1970s tract housing and wear earplugs to bed to drown out SJC.

11. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Neither @$$ just tired trolls

12. felker

felker Active Member

That's nice but your statements have nothing to do with the validity of Sharp's work.

The basic problem is the fundamental proposal is wrong. You cannot tell if someone is cheating on the basis of their having exceptional results. Otherwise Babe Ruth, Ted Williams and Bob Beamon were all cheaters. It is an epic logic fail.

In any sufficient sample size there will always be outliers. This is Statistics 101. It's also one of the main reasons sport is interesting. If everyone was average what would be the point?

It's very telling that Sharp doesn't even get this.

Then he compounds it with all other manner of data errors. Read the article, I'm not going to repeat the gore here.

#3392 felker, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Cool Story Bro!

14. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

butyou and every freaking pats fan are geniuses and do get it? while the rest of us mere mortals toil in in average mediocrity?
    Sorry accept the fact your team cheated the other 31 teams have already.

15. SteveGrogan

What's funny is the irony in this statement. The only place people think a job title and money means anything at all is the east coast. I like where I live, I don't need anyone else to like it. That's idiotic. If I wanted to live somewhere else, then I would have lived there. lol I could give a crap what anyone thought of my career either... and frankly, I don't plan on valuing you or anyone else by their career which is why I haven't asked a single one of you (maybe I asked the guy in Taipei, but for entirely different reasons).

If you all didn't want to know about my career you shouldn't have started talking about it in the first place. I'm not even sure what being dicks to me is doing for you but I guess it does something.

16. SteveGrogan

lol, I actually thought this was funny

FlaJet likes this.
  17. SteveGrogan

Hey... can't please them all, right?

18. SteveGrogan

I don't think they did it. I love poker, and I only push all-in when I know I'm holding the nuts. They wagered their reputations, and they were the only ones who knew for sure... so if they didn't do it then it was easy to push all in and say "F$@^ YOU!" to the media and league.

19. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Yeah, you clearly don't work in SV. This is the most wrongheaded thing said in a thread of legendary craziness.

You're full of it, but we already knew that. Nobody out here "chooses" to live in Santa Clara if they have the ability to live anywhere in the south bay. Nobody.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.