Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Okay Bro...later

2. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

This is the message that needs to be sent to the NFL by everyone via twittter, email, ect... i did not watch the probowl and will not watch the superbowl if enough fans buy into that with conviction and let the NFL, their team they support know change is going to happen to save the market

#3302 rammagen, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  3. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

It's becoming more and more apparent to me that Goodell and his cronies just want to get through this game and then, once again, slap the Patriots lightly on the wrist for getting caught cheating once again.

4. rammagen

If that is the case see the above

5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

This also answers Pats homers' "we didn't cheat because we didn't need to, we would've won regardless"
    The reason for deflating balls was not the fear of IND. It was simply what they were always doing.

Deflating balls to Brady's liking is no big deal, it's just standard operating procedure.

#3305 RuJFan, Jan 28, 2015
  6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I actually think their main hope is to win so that Brady and Bill can retire right after the game.
    Then Goodell's line would be easy:
    Yes they cheated, but there is nobody left to punish... What a shame... Sorry fellas

7. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

One possibility for it taking so long is they may have to investigate whether this was one off or something that has been happening for a while. Easy way is to see if that toilet stop was consistent at every home game.

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Lol if they did end up retiring after winning the SB, I think that would almost prove their guilt. Not that it isnt already obvious that they cheated....

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but from Pats standpoint: no punishment = no deed

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

They aren't gonna retire over deflated footballs,I feel like Belichek is gonna leave the league on a stretcher....he doesn't strike me as the type who wants to retire

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/deflat...-why-patriots-don-t-fumble-003107565-nfl.html

#3311 The Waterboy, Jan 28, 2015
    FlaJet and rammagen like this.
  12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I read today that the Patriots were the only team that didn't fumble a rushing attempt this season...that may have been fumbles lost, though, not really sure.

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Like I said before, I would laugh so hard if the patriots fumble 3x and drop more than 5 balls on Sunday.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

NY Jets68, Axel3419 and Snatch Catch like this.
  14. LongIslandBlitz

15. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

"Former Jet" is technically true but Blake played for 5 or 6 teams in his ~10 year career, if I remember correctly. He was a Jet for a single year.

Anyway, it makes it even better that Tom Brady, Bill Belicheck AND Mr. Kraft would all lie about doing this common practice. If everyone is doing that, maybe "deny, deny, deny" isn't the best strategy.

16. rammagen

This is the ever one does it defense. Won't work. Just because everyone does it does not mean it is right. If you get caught you need to pay the piper.
    The fact that it appears it has been happening since 2007 is really astounding and shows a blatant disregard for the rules. This is in the time frame were they were punished for spygate. So they went from one cheat to the next.

now for the difference wen these other teams (Johnson or Blake) did this bother teams used the same balls. So the playing field was even as they both played with the same footballs.

Brady asked for this change in 2006 for each team to supply their own balls.

17. LongIslandBlitz

All I know is the Seahawks better win this game ,I really hope the blow them out Brady throws two ints and fumbles the ball ......I know that won't end up happening but I can wish....

Axel3419 and Snatch Catch like this.
  18. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

I actually don't think that defense works either. But I will say if that is the case, and it causes more scoring - I highly doubt the NFL would care. I think they're going to want whatever their QB's want in their hands. So I think it's plausible IF this were true it could potentially be buried "for the good of the league".

But as with all things in life I'd just as soon learn the entire encompassing truth and it's context.

19. SteveGrogan

I also think is somewhat plausible this entire thing is manufactured to a certain degree, for ratings. Ratings are expected to be through the roof Sunday and most people who think a deflated football can do more than it does, still don't feel it's an earth shattering thing. That's the casual viewers perspective, not my own.

They have somewhat of a good vs. evil narrative going on that is bigger than CTE, which was just discovered in another passed away NFL vet the other day.

20. SteveGrogan

It didn't happen in the second half of the cold and rainy AFC Championship game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.