Could Todd Bowles bring Cromartie Home?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by perpetualchange, Jan 14, 2015.

1. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

They have to get a quality corner. Not necessarily an Olympian demigod of a corner. Too much risk with two guys coming off injury. I would not mind Maxwell.

2. shelbyblue

shelbyblue Member

Bring back Cro and pay Revis and we can be dominant on defense.

3. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a CRO signing, but he wouldn't solve the CB problem. Antonio isn't a no. 1 CB anymore, he suits more of a complementary role as he did with Revis in 2010 and with Patrick Peterson this year.

I personally don't think Revis is coming back to the Jets, so I would think that you have to draft a CB high as well. Cromartie and Milliner doesn't cut it for me...they've already tried that.

4. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Considering the state of the Jet's backfield its crazy to say that Cromartie wouldn't be a helpful addition to the team. It would be awesome if Milliner came back and played lights out but at this point its just madness to expect that he will be good and stay healthy all year. Its possible, but its not something that we should depend on. We tried that last year. I'm very hopeful the Jets can pick up Cromartie for a 1 or 2 year deal at a reasonable price.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

What an atrocious decision by Idiotzik to not re sign a veteran leader (at a position of need) that could have a bounce back season for cheap ($3m) for 2014. I was so fucking pissed at that jackass. At worst he'd be a dime corner or move to fuckin Safety. He knew the system inside out.

And yeah I'd welcome him back for sure.

6. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

If we get a solid #1 corner and a good free safety then I'd be happy with Cro coming back, but he wasn't even as good as people make out with Zona this year. Low money

7. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Watching First Take right now and they have Cromartie on. He just said that he and his family love New York and said "if New York is there, i'm there" (meaning if the opportunity is there). Interesting

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

C'mon home Cro. He would be an excellent #2 guy. If Milliner stays healthy and Cro is signed here, all we need is a true FS and the secondary should be in much better shape.

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I was not for signing Cro last year after 2013 but he played well this season in Arizona and if Bowles thinks it could work here why not. No Cro love coming from me and I don't get it anyways. If he signs with another team no big loss. But the Jets need a good vet Cb. Not sure how good he is without a big time corner like Peterson or Revis on the other side. I'm assuming Milliner would be starting. Not sure whose departing.

10. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Let's not forget how horrible our dB situation is

11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If we had signed DRC last year we we could have both cousins starting in our backfield this year.

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

rather play him at safety if he comes back.....oh wait. LOL

13. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

nobody wanted crummy last outside of a desperation move by the Cardinals, now everybody here is frothing at the mouth to bring him back! Classic Jets fans

Falco21 likes this.
  14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Agree.

I'm one of them I guess.

The way he played his last season with us coupled with his hip injury led me to believe that he was done. He played exceptionally well last season. If his hip is healed and his play is back to the way it was this past season, then hell yes I want him.

Jets69 likes this.
  15. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I dont think anyone is forgetting that. But Cro cannot be our best CB going into next season. Not with our cap space and current situation.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

No he can not.

We have plenty of money to sign a big name free agent paired with Cro. Sign a guy like Maxwell and sign Cro to be on the other side and immediately our secondary is light years better than last year.

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

First of all I'll take Milliner over Cro. It's not even close. Revis wants 20 mil from the Patriots who at least for now are saying they'll pay it. Imo: they won't. We have the basis of a good young secondary with Milliner and Pryor and some of the others guys like Williams and Walls who got loads of experience last year. I sign one vet CB only.

18. irishwhip03

Yep whether Maxwell or Tramon Williams..even guys like Kareem Jackson, who Mac could bring here from Houston or Brandon Flowers who we should've signed last year.

Bringing Cro in is an upgrade but he's not going to be going up against number 1 WR's next season..he didnt in Arizona and was successful so Im all for that.

19. irishwhip03

And what happens if (when) Milliner goes down? He's been hurt now, what 3 years in a row? They call it injury prone for a reason.

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Well a lot of Dbs were injured last season not just Milliner who was healthy in 2013. It seems to be a position of injuries. I'd go with the young blood in the Jets secondary. And let our new head coach who knows Dbs decide who he wants to bring in.