Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Yes, the initial temperature would need to be 90 degrees to fall 2 PSI in 50 degree weather. What would the initial temperature have to be to fall 1 PSI in 50 degree weather. Thanks in advance for your contribution to the discussion.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You're welcome. And the Colts balls were fine, again.

Ball boy in the bathroom with the candle stick.

3. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Has everyone completely dismissed the idea that the Ref gave the squeeze test?

If you don't... I'm just wondering what certainty you have to believe this. Meaning, if you don't think a guy went into a bathroom for 90 seconds to take a piss, why would you think a ref went through the tedious process of checking every ball?

I mean at best, can someone give me a reason why this wouldn't be the word of Tom Brady against the officials? It's not like there isn't a ref quoted this week saying that he "can't deny" sometimes people are lazy and don't check.

Where is the logic that doesn't include wishful thinking by either of us? Nothing is more than a possibility at this point.

4. New England Patriots

That is the contribution I expected. Thanks.

5. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

There are leaks because this is a BIG FUCKING STORY. Just like there were leaks with Ray Rice. Just like there were leaks with Spygate. Just like there were leaks with Bountygate. Just like there were leaks with the Jonathan Martin ordeal.

6. New England Patriots

I thought you were saying there wouldn't be any more leaks (details) until after the SB. I fully expect the NFL to leak more between now and Sunday.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The investigation would be over if that were the case. Poof.

Axel3419 likes this.
  8. SteveGrogan

Maybe it's been over for a week. But ratings.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Everyone has a dream.

PulseJet likes this.
  10. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

again with the headsmart labs crap one lab shows this lets all jump on board. but 90 other scientist say something else lets ignore them.
    The math behind a 2 psi drop is simple there needs to be close to a 60 degree drop to get 2 psi drop in pressue
    I dont know but a majority of the reports show the ball that was intercepted showed a 2 psi drop. the other balls are all conjecture which seems to be most of the Pat fans arguments are based one.
    Granted most of this is based on leaked information but a most of the leaked information and scientists say the most likely cause is human intervention.
    This is not a court of law the NFL needs to prove it so the gloves don't need to fit and you do not need to be a rocket scientist to see something happened. Unless the laws of physics only effected the Pats footballs and not the colts balls. So until soeone out there can explain why the colts are legal and pats were not safest bet is belli or brady cheated
    Go with the majority it is a safer beat.
    let me put it to you like this. If 9 out of 10 doctors say eating something is bad for you would you still eat it?

PulseJet and FlaJet like this.
  11. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

You think it was the NFL that leaked the ball boy story?

12. SteveGrogan

I think Kensil likely leaked the "person of interest" bit. I think the Patriots leaked the clarifications.

13. New England Patriots

1) 2 PSI is one report, 1 PSI is another report. No one outside of the NFL knows the truth and this messes up the math.
    2) What PSI was used in those reports of 90 other scientists who didn't agree with headsmart? It's crap because it doesn't jive with the narrative you would like to see?
    3) What was the PSI of the Colts footballs at the start of the game? We can't say what the PSI should be if we don't know this piece of information.

14. New England Patriots

Who else would leak that?

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Looks like the Patriots will likely be found guilty from all of this. Florio is reporting from a league source:

"Whether or not the attendant deflated the balls in the bathroom with or without the knowledge of anyone higher up, though it may be true, might not be of concern to the league. Florio noted that Spygate caused Roger Goodell to tell the owners that they “need to reduce the standard of proof in these types of cases,” that they “don’t need to have a smoking gun.” He also added that even if the attendant says he was just relieving himself, the NFL doesn’t have to accept his explanation."

POOF

deerow84 likes this.
  16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Why because Kensil has Jets blood. It's his job man. He's VP of NFL Game Operations. But did he leak it? Probably.

17. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. SteveGrogan

Hahahaha, how is that a "report"? Sounds like someone with a controversial opinion throwing fodder up on a site that has no new information.

19. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

Keep burying your head in the sand.

20. SteveGrogan

Because he's the VP of NFL game operations and is reported to be involved particularly in this... meaning this is his baby.

And he's not a fan of BB, and Jay Glazer & Chris Mortensen sound like his mouthpiece?

It's conjecture, but not wild by any stretch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.