Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

you seem to post like a teenager. If you're 60....and perhaps have a more mature mind, why are you defending a coach who got caught cheating before, never apologized and now has been caught again?...you're so aligned with his story that they did nothing wrong? Pedestal worship?

If they've been doing this for years.......which from the Fumble stats seems to indicate something not right going on.....they've inflated their franchise worth illegally..... I think they deserve a harsh death penalty. Too many close games for the Pats from 2007 on to mention. Everyone in NE should boycott that team en-mass if more is learned that they've been doing it and for so long.

Pride and ego is very high up there.....admission of guilt doesn't come very easy for most of the Pats worshipers.

2. Burning Elvii

you need to go back a few pages and read my post about the heating of air. 90 or 125, BB said they didn't do anything like that....unless that is a lie too.

3. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Ah, so the more mature mind knows that Belichick is guilty. This is a new one, keep them coming...

4. New England Patriots

Was the 90 degrees 1 PSI or 2 PSI?

5. Burning Elvii

So he's wasting his companies time on a Jet message board....NICE

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

No....not even close. It's his opinion that Mort gets everything wrong and to be fair Mort's track record isn't very stellar

7. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

BWAAHAAAHAA! So what are they investigating? Nothing? Well, I sure hope this investigation turns up something about how nothing happened! But at the same time, it seems like a waste of time to investigate nothing. I mean, Jeff Pash must be really bored and throwing money to an outside investigation firm to work on nothing seems a bit weird. Maybe there's a whole lot of nothing that they need to look into. Yeah, that's it. A whole lot of nothing.

8. Burning Elvii

if they didn't heat the balls..... this science excuse is mute.

9. New England Patriots

You can't possibly be this simple minded. The temperature change required for 1 PSI must be less than 2 PSI. Was his calculation based on 1 or 2 PSI?

10. Burning Elvii

here is what the scientist said

"This is simply an oversight on my part, and I'm glad so many stepped forward to correct it. But what it means is that the Patriots would simply need to have inflated the balls with (more accessible) 90 degree air rather than 125 degree air. A delightfully moot point since neither temperature absolves the NE Patriots even as we all know that the NE Patriots, in their 45 to 7 victory over the Colts, would have won the game no matter the ball pressure. And, as far as I am concerned, the Patriots would have won that game even in the vacuum of space."

BB said they didn't use heat or heated air to inflate the balls..... this explanation makes no sense, unless Bill is lying about the heat or heated air to make the science more believable.

Seems to me the more they talk, the more they're guilty.

NY Jets68 and PulseJet like this.
  11. New England Patriots

You aren't answering my question. I'll google it, but I'm guessing it was 2 PSI. The fact that you don't understand that this would effect his calculation means you don't understand common sense.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Using your rationale to why the league/experts can't prove the Patriots committed infractions, the Patriots could not be exonerated either.

No punishment due to inconclusive evidence does not equal exoneration, just wanted to set that as my differentiation.

13. Burning Elvii

dude, you're trying to say it was the science, i am showing you where that arguement is full of hot air. Based on BB's science experiment and this scientists. The game temp was 51 at game time and mid 40's by half. I am not answering your question becasue I don't know, i am not a math major.... you won't see how silly your arguement is based on the whole hot air thing.

the columbia physicists the NFL is using are saying BB's arguement may have merit, but human intervention is the most likely cause of the ball air issue.

14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

ASAP? the game is like 4 days away. The details will wait for after the game at this point.

15. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Yeah, Pats fans are incredible. Tyson "refuted" his original report when he in fact amended the temp from 125 degrees to 90 degrees. 90 degrees is still damn unlikely. Next they will say the equipment manager inflated the balls in the sauna room. Its like whack a mole with these guys. They keep popping up with one stupid statement after another.

16. New England Patriots

And I'm trying to show you that if Tyson used 2 PSI, his initial temperature could be wrong if Florio's report is right (for the record, I'm not saying it is). The temperature difference would need to be less, possibly 70 degrees if the relationship is linear (I honestly don't know if this is true).

My point is that we don't know the variables, nor does Tyson. It seems, based on Google, that he used 2 PSI for his calcuations. I wonder why his calculations don't hold up in this experiment:

http://www.headsmartlabs.com/

17. New England Patriots

Again, it seems that he is using 2 PSI in his calculations.

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

thanks for the new sig.

19. New England Patriots

Why did they leak the ball attendant on Monday? There were only 6 days until the game and they were still leaking.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Again, he is using 90 degrees in his calculations. And they don't heat the balls. Or at least they say they don't. Sooo - moot point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.