Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

I think we need to give them a little bit of a break. It's their board... the hate for the patriots must be off the charts at this point.

I expect to be called a laundry list of names and not be able to retort without hurting someone's feelings.

2. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

They will not say a thing with the golden holiday about to unfold. Any punshiment will come mid February, after the 'forensics' page turning commences.

The GQ article paints a bad picture of the league, lots of bad stuff on the horizon, another Pats cheating scandal is the cherry on top.

All fans need to stop:

Watching
    Buying Merch
    Attending Games
    Playing NFL FF

Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered

3. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Ask the owner of the Ravens. He might not be so happy with Pat cheating.

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I was going to post something very similar.

For the NFL to fine players for wearing unapproved equipment like cleats, socks, sweat bands...how would they willingly overlook the most pivotal piece of equipment?

It is unlikely, in my mind, the refs would be so negligent as to not check the balls.

Remember, these refs have had to go through years of service in other leagues just to sniff an NFL game. This kind of negligence gets you banned for life. That is the kind of fear that motivates people to stick to the protocols...

5. SteveGrogan

Aaron Rodgers is on the record last monday saying they don't always check. So is a former Chicago Bears ball boy.

6. Burning Elvii

Pats apologist Peter King's video from last year pretty much debunks the NE theory the refs don't check the balls......

7. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

LOL @ grogan thinking Geno007 is a Pats fan

Geno007 and NY Jets68 like this.
  8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Who's upset, are you kidding? Listen, it's not about me Spanky, it's about you. And it's not about profanity, it's about you coyly trying to backtrack from the clear tenor of your wording. Another poster suggested you be banned because of your "clowns/fucks/losers" posts and suddenly you do a 180-degree and from there tried to claim to me that it was "in jest" so don't try to project and deflect from that core point: that you were and are being a backtracking coward about it. Me, I couldn't care less who you are or whatever cummunity-servicing trollop you dropped out of at birth. So with all undue respect, pardon me for calling you out on your backtracking and your lying.

9. Charlie Kelly

That's the prefect rationalisation for thinking the refs would not measure during the conference championship which is the most watched conference game of the year. What a goof

10. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I think its fair to say that not every single NFL employee follows protocol by the letter.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

So you are accepting the fact the QB is present when the balls are checked.

How could Brady not know anything about the process then?

12. Charlie Kelly

Problem is that most paying fans are too easily fooled to care aside from water cooler talk. NFL is paranoid about fan perception, but if Roger Goodelll walked into a dais wearing a sandwich board saying "fukk you bitchiz I do wut I want", most of the merch for that incident would pay for their overhead.

People are stupid. Look at the Pats posters in this thread

13. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Bingo. Puts the lie to Brady's press conference last week. Its bullshit from top to bottom with that bunch.

14. Burning Elvii

He's using his elitist attitude to deflect and confuse...... so sad

15. Burning Elvii

All the care in the NFL is to lose ratings and cash and there will be some restructuring and new direction, but a lot of the money mongering is happening in spite of Rodger

16. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Wow. I thought kraft was a good old man. Didn't know he was digging out a younger ass the year he dedicated the season to his dead wife.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  17. SteveGrogan

Look at this exchange, why would you think a veteran ref wouldn't think they could tell if the balls were right just by squeezing when they give that job to the rookie all the time?

Q: Any chance Walt Anderson didn’t stick a pressure gauge in each of the 24 or 36 footballs? Maybe he just did the squeeze test?

JD: “They have a gauge and they have to check every football. It’s usually given to the youngest or newest member of the crew — it’s almost like a rite of passage into the NFL. During the playoffs, it’s usually an alternate official, so it’s a veteran official that does it. I would not even question whether they did or not. It’s just something you do, like putting your pants on or getting ready for the game.”

Q: The confusion is that we’ve heard stories this week from equipment managers that they would over- or under-inflate footballs and hope to sneak them through inspection.

JD:I can’t deny that that happens. Somebody may be lazy. I can tell you it’s not the norm. I know there are some guys that probably don’t do it quite as diligently as others, but they’re required to check the air. I don’t even question whether Walt and his crew did that.”

"Something you do like putting your pants on." ? Wut? Not quite like putting your pants on, people will know if you did that or not fairly quickly.

If that Peter King video proves anything, it's how ridiculous thinking a kid let air out of 12 footballs in 90 seconds is.

#2977 SteveGrogan, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This theory that former Jets employee is out to get the Pats is the most pathetic excuse I've heard from you Pats fan, which is saying an awful lot.

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

How old is this "kid"?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

20. SteveGrogan

It's a euphemism. Rookie a better one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.