Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Confirmation bias: it'll make you choose whatever scientific explanation supports your cheating football team.

2. Charlie Kelly

Hey I'm the guy that took your bet about the avatar before, but we didn't really discuss definite terms. Yes, I'll put a New England avatar up if the Patriots organization is exonerated of all charges including minor fines, what will you do if the Patriots organization is found in any way at fault for this situation?

Axel3419 likes this.
  3. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Nothing. I have no reason to believe anything with certainty and never claimed to. But if you want to switch it to the swapping of the footballs - that I can prove without a doubt within the hour. You are free to take that bet right now.

4. Charlie Kelly

Wait, so I'm supposed to agree to put a Patriots logo in my avatar if they are exonerated but if they are found at fault you will do nothing? That's not a bet. That's you being a bitch.

NotSatoshiNakamoto and NY Jets68 like this.
  5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

What a pathetic attempt at playing the victim - painting paww, widdle StevieGrogan as the put upon victim here with your oh-so-brave ("sob…but it's your board, I expect it…") disengenuous b.s.

More to the point, I refer to your slimy and cowardly "in jest" claim. Re-read your trolling below and then claim the tenor of the wording was clearly "in jest" you phony.

You've forfeited any expectations of forthcoming civility. Three strikes lil' Miss Victim - it's time you returned to www.patsfan.com. You have nothing, you bring nothing and you've embarrased yourself, certainly not us you fraudulent troll. Hit the road.

6. SteveGrogan

You claim to know the truth, I asked you how much your opinion was worth?

7. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

Are you on drugs or something?

8. SteveGrogan

Put those quotes back in context... and they clearly were said laughing.

What kind of person literally builds a case of how someone on the internet hurt your feelings, and then present it like that? You definitely win, I apologize. Like I said already... it was laughing. I refer to a lot of people that way in jest. I had no idea this was such a sensitive thing for you.

9. SteveGrogan

OK, so you're all saying you don't know for sure what happened? Well that's a step forward.

10. Charlie Kelly

We're talking about a bet. Come on, someone as accomplished as you have claimed should be able to understand the basic functions of a bet?

11. SteveGrogan

No, you're talking about all of the reasons everyone is an idiot to think they're guilty. I don't think you have to be an idiot to have considered that it's VERY possible they aren't. I was called an idiot for it. So I asked all you people who are certain, how you'd be willing to prove your certainty.

Only one to come forward was you. Which means you believed it more than they did. But you're backpedaling now, so it's clear not anymore.

12. SteveGrogan

I can't believe I came in here to hear the Devil's Avocate position and it ended up being 3000 replies moving closer and closer to an apology to the patriots.

13. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

He's obviously a troll- a terrible one and possibly the worst one I've ever came across on the internet, and that's saying a lot since we have morons such as @New England Patriots posting here.

14. Charlie Kelly

So we are supposed to know when you are laughing and joking on a text based message board when you call an entire forum "idiots", "fucks" and "jokes"? Clearly? After you have done nothing but be a bipolar young girl when it comes to your stance on this issue?

Hey shitface moron, who pretends to be a VP and part owner of a company and also somewhat familiar with football even though you haven't displayed any knowledge, but actually provides blowjob services to young men on the streets, get a clue. And when I say this, I am obviously laughing and joking about it.

15. Charlie Kelly

bet
    bet/
    verb
    1. 1.
      risk something, usually a sum of money, against someone else's on the basis of the outcome of a future event, such as the result of a race or game.

There's no backpedaling, there's just a little girl who can't put their own stakes up for their own beliefs.

And when I say "little girl", I am laughing and joking, obviously.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The Patriots deflated the balls. There it is. End of story. Even the Patriots before Belichick's ridiculous science project presser (he gets an F) said it happened but they don't know why only their balls and not the Colts. Would I suspend Belichick or Brady. No, but I'd fine Kraft's fat ass. But he doesn't give a shit because he'll write it off, anyways. They won't in reality take one dime out of his pocket. But probably nothing will happen because no one will talk. Love to see the bank account of the ball boy in a month.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

yep, the whole 'definitively' thing is telling.
    i bet his lawyer wrote that speech for him. expecting an apology? lol, and i thought the arrogance came from Belichick. maybe it stems from a little higher up the paygrade in NE.

The NFL doesn't need to operate beyond a reasonable doubt.
    the rules were broken, and its very plausible there was intent. But they don't need to prove intent, only the infraction, which they already have evidence for.
    if no one will own up to it, you penalize the organization, starting with Kraft.

18. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Nah, they are marked by the ref after they are checked. Far too easy to get caught. Unless the guy was forging the marks but a far more realistic explanation is he just deflated the already marked balls.

19. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

Someone told me it is Soxxx

20. SteveGrogan

To be fair, I'm on your boards - but you're discussing my team. I guess I can't really be surprised with the bitterness - in all seriousness, it should have been you guys - and that would make me crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.