Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Turning into?!?

_

2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

The trolls have come out in numbers! Keep deflecting, denying, and hyperbolizing guys and enjoy the Super Bowl. Eventually, the shoe's gonna drop and when it does, we'll be happy you don't post here any more. You support a bunch of cheating thugs who haven't won anything legitimately - Have fun with that.

3. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

The Jets are tamperers. See how easy that is? And there is actually proof on that one.

I doubt it.

Refusal to listen to anyone? Do you mean agree?

I'm not surprised you will go with the studies that support you case. I'm offering the idea that we don't know what actually happened. It's your choice to consider it or not.

What did the NFL say the Colts football's PSI was prior to the game?

Refute facts? I'm the one saying we don't know what has happened. You're the one saying it's already been determined.

4. New England Patriots

According to this site, if you don't agree that we have enough facts to make a determination, you are a troll. Grow up.

5. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I saw a video clip of a guy deflating a ball from 12 psi to 11 psi, it took a second. I think with practice you can deflate 12 balls easily in 60 seconds.

So what we know:
    1. The officials inspected all balls and deemed them regulation just before the game
    2. The Pats ball boy (ie the Pats organization) took possession and responsibility for the balls
    3. At halftime Pats balls were deflated below regulation and the Colts balls were regulation. Pats balls were reflated to regulation. Pats and Colts balls were regulation at games end.
    4. Brady said in past interviews he likes under-inflated balls.
    5. Brady w. Manning advocated to create the existing rules to have each team have their own game balls.
    6. Brady has said he is very specific about how he wants his balls.
    7. Former players like Brunell and Bettis on videotape showed they can easily discern an underweight ball that they never held before, and Brady who is meticulous prepping his game balls over days said he didn't discern underinflation in the Colts game.
    8. The Pats organization has a reputation for knowing the rule book inside and out, and have shown that they will find the holes in the rulebook to give them competitive advantage (No problem with that, its smart of them.)
    9. The Pats organization has been found guilty of cheating before with the Spygate scandal.
    10. Analysis shows that the Pats are a statistical outlier when it comes to fumbles per carry. Deflated balls are easier to grip and hold, so that would help prevent fumbles.
    11. On Saturday Belicheck held a press conference citing scientific evidence for why the balls could have deflated due to atmospheric conditions and the way his team preps balls. However his scientific evidence has since been debunked by famous scientists like Bill Nye and Neil degrasse Tyson and he never explained why atmospheric temperatures didnt effect Colts balls. But for him this was the last he was going to speak on the subject.

Anyone with two eyes and a clear head can see that the Pats MUST have cheated. And have likely been systemically deflating balls below regulation and to Brady's liking for years, as evidenced by the statistical outlier of fumbles per carry the Pats have garnered and how ballcarriers have lower fumbles per carry when they payed on the Pats vs. when they played on other teams.

At this stage, its clear that Kraft's statement yesterday is the Pats attempt to frame the requirements of guilt to one where you actually need video proof of human tampering. This is the latest gambit by the Pats organization, because Kraft knows if tampering was done in the bathroom thats unlikely to have been captured by video. Its very transparent of them, and its the best last card they have to play. Have the owner of the organization establish the requirements for guilt and expect the league to apologize if those strict rules aren't adhered to. But I don't buy it and I'm sure the 31 other owners wont buy it as well.

Each of the above points doesn't exist in a vacuum. And none of them have been debunked by the Patriots or their fans on this board despite over 100 pages of postings.

6. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Than they deserve the troll treatment..

7. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Funny how this theory I floated last Weds which I was summarily called an idiot for is now being held up as an example of cheating? Is that why the refs penalize teams that do it?

Seriously let the hate flow through you. I cannot even believe this has turned around the way it has. You have all absolutely embarrassed yourselves. Keep doubling down on that cheating technicality.... i guess that's all you've got.

8. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

bite me seriously dude you post a link that has nothing to do with the conversation and tell me grow up when you are called out on it.
    And you grab 1 psi and stick to it but there are more reports for 2 psi, pick and choose your facts that is what you are doing so why can't everyone else

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't know if splitting hairs regarding the type, amount, extent, etc. of an acknowledged cheating scheme makes you a troll or not but going onto a rival forum where people absolutely don't care about your opinion to defend those cheaters may already make you one.

10. New England Patriots

You have a reading comprehension issue. I was saying that there were reports of 1 PSI to say that you can't just take the original 2 PSI report as fact. We can't take much for fact at this point. That is the point.

11. New England Patriots

Don't care = Don't want to hear a contrary opinion? Ignore feature.

12. BrowningNagle

coming from the person crying about being called a troll? you should take your own advice

13. BrowningNagle

You are right it is the point. That's exactly how Goodell & Kraft slid spygate under the weeds now isn't it?

I have a feeling we will be saying we can't take much for fact regarding deflategate still 10 years from now.

Just like how Goodell burned the spygate vids and focused on the logistics of the cameraman and not the purpose of the cheating - he will launch a half-hearted "investigation" here where they focus on the logistics of ball boy and not the purpose of the act and if there is any real damming evidence here? my guess is he still has a fireplace in his mansion. "can't take much for fact"

rammagen and NY Jets68 like this.
  14. JStokes

And the country doesn't care about that. When you ask the country what they think of the Jets it's a circus, a mess, a shitty team, one measly SB.

Not tampering.

When you ask the country what they think of the Pats?

Cheaters.

Deal with it.

_

horsehead likes this.
  15. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

And folks on Patsfan.com call anyone, that defends the Jets a "troll ". It goes both ways.

Now do us all a favor and leave.

rammagen likes this.
  16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

No, you can inflate them to account for the temperature by inflating them at the temperature of the game conditions so there is no change in air temperature to lead to a loss of PSI. If the Pats are not doing so than it is a deliberate decision on their part and thus their responsibility when the ball decreases in PSI. Nothing about this cause and effect is so revolutionary today that the Pats can claim ignorance of.

But more importantly, only one team has had this problem. Every other team seems to be able to avoid their balls dropping below the required PSI. That's a patriots problem not a problem with how the league is set up.

rammagen likes this.
  17. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't leave for the world right now. This is amazing to watch.

18. JStokes

Ooooooops you went there!

_

19. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Their strategy from the start has been "deny, deny, deny." I don't think they will throw anyone in the pats organization under the bus at this point, because that would implicate Brady and Beli.

It'll be interesting if the NFL actually finds any real evidence; if the Pats are not only cheaters but Tom, Bill and Kraft are all proved to be liars as well...

20. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

the only person here with a comprehension issue here is you. The various reports are 1 or 2 going with the majority of the reports 2 psi are the logical course. But of course you wont see that.....
    And I am serious here you are quickly hitting troll levels. Keep on back tracking and changing the points. That is a sure fire way to win friends and influence people

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.