Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I think it would be better for the league to bring in a new commish,It would be cool if the league would let there be a vote like regular elections to find the best candidate.Let the fans who keep the product alive decide who they want

Charlie Kelly likes this.
  2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

You left out the following facts: (1) The Colts balls were all within conforming range; (2) The NFL is conducting an investigation; (3) Brady says he always approves them at 12.5 and doesn't know anything about anything; (4) Belichick doesn't know anything either but he conducted a test which proves to him that the balls could've deflated by themselves (The Miraculous Deflation).

So if you are unwilling to engage in any conjecture or speculation beyond the facts, why are you here?

3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/jets-connection-appearing-deflategate-probe

Jets connection appearing in Deflategate probe

Who suspected subterfuge? Who pushed the league to gather evidence? Was the motivation simply a principled, “integrity of the game” platform or was it an attempt to settle old scores?
    Earlier this week, we pointed out the possible motivation of the Ravens and Colts. It’s all laid out here.
    Those are two of the Patriots most bitter conference rivals, having played against the Patriots in a total of nine playoff games since 2003 with the Patriots going 6-3 in those games.
    The only other rival with similar bitterness? The New York Jets.
    The NFL man on-site to start the investigation in the AFC Championship was Mike Kensil. He is the NFL Vice President of Game Operations. You may remember him as the gentleman John Harbaugh took his frustration out on during the Super Bowl power outage in 2012. Harbaugh later apologized. He does that a lot.
    Before rising to the league level, Kensil was the Jets director of operations for nearly 20 years. His tenure overlapped Bill Parcells (and Bill Belichick’s) time with the Jets and he would have been part of the Jets front office incensed by Belichick’s 2000 resignation as Jets head coach.
    Kensil’s tenure with the Jets ended in 2006, the same year Belichick disciple Eric Mangini became head coach of the Jets.
    Multiple sources have indicated that Kensil is the driving force behind the investigation and that his interest in deflated balls did not begin in January but actually began earlier in the year.
    Kensil’s professional reputation is strong and people I’ve spoken to have described him as having strong integrity.
    That Jets connection, though, certainly hints at a preexisting judgment of Belichick and the Patriots that could, conceivably, be a motivating factor in the league’s dogged pursuit.
    Just how much do the Jets revile New England?
    Former Jets special teams coach Mike Westhoff unloaded on New England in a phone interview with the Toronto Sun this week, saying, “If it’s anybody that walks the edge on the rules, it’s these guys,” Westhoff said. “Sometimes they remind me a little bit of Enron — they’re always the smartest guys in the room, until some day maybe they’re not. That’s how I feel about them.”
    Westhoff was the Jets’ special teams coach from 2001 to 2012.
    He asked, “Did they do it? I honestly don’t think they did. To tell you the truth, I’m not so sure they’re not sitting around today thinking, ‘I wish we’d thought this up,’ knowing them."
    Westhoff doesn’t like even helping New England in this way, however.
    “As much as I hate to, I’m going to defend them,” Westhoff said. “And trust me, I hate to defend them.

4. LongIslandBlitz

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better Bill Nye the Science guy came out and said nothing Belaflate said made sense.He didn't really elaborate on it much but I'm sure he is gonna be brought in during superbowl week for interviews on talk shows

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Mike Kensil is secretly still on the Jets payroll, where he is continuing to provide the top flight expert personnel advice he was always known for. It actually makes a degree of sense.

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

But the scientists at Carnegie Melon tested a dozen balls said it does.

Via PFT
    Another group based in Pittsburgh that includes brainiacs from Carnegie Mellon (somehow, I was admitted there and graduated with a degree a metallurgical engineering and materials sciences and a degree in engineering and public policy) claims that the conditions of the AFC title game would have caused a significant drop in air pressure.
    “We took 12 brand new authentic NFL footballs and exposed them to the different elements they would have experienced throughout the game.” said Thomas Healy, founder of HeadSmart Labs and a masters student in mechanical engineering at Carnegie Mellon. “Out of the twelve footballs we tested, we found that on average, footballs dropped 1.8 PSI when being exposed to dropping temperatures and wet conditions.”
    As explained by the group that conducted the simulation: “During testing, twelve brand new footballs were inflated to 12.5 PSI in a 75 degree Fahrenheit room. This was to imitate the indoor conditions where the referees would have tested the footballs 2 hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The footballs were then moved to a 50 degree Fahrenheit environment to simulate the temperatures that were experienced throughout the game. In addition, the footballs were dampened to replicate the rainy conditions.”

7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Lol you guys are so desperate right now. It's pathetic, have some dignity.

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

So Grogan is Soxxx. Glad we sorted that out, only took 100 pages lmao good job Soxxx.

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Not sharing opinions, just "sources" and articles.

I know you guys can't stand to read anything that doesn't conform to your preconceived notions.

10. LongIslandBlitz

Doesn't explain why the Colts balls lost zero air pressure,to me that's the smoking gun....if the Colts balls deflated to then this argument would work

11. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

It's all the Jets fault! LMAO. And if the league has been looking into this since earlier in the season, wouldn't that be an indication that this is NOT an isolated incident?

12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You are assuming Colts balls lost no pressure. Until the league shows what their pressure was when the refs checked them and what they were at halftime (if in fact they were checked at halftime).

Adam Shefter's "sources" say the Patriots footballs were under by different amounts and not necessarily by 2 PSI.

13. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

The most hilarious part of this entire soap opera is the way Patriots sycophants throw this notion of prejudgement around as if it somehow isn't wholly the fault of the Belichick Regime itself.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

your sources and articles are from patriot insider ball washers. It's pitiful how desperately they are reaching for anything to grasp onto.

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Even though it has been posted multiple times
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-of-balls-in-afc-title-game-led-by-pash-wells
    "Prior to the game, the game officials inspect the footballs to be used by each team and confirm that this standard is satisfied, which was done before last Sunday's game."

16. roger

roger Active Member

Here's the bottom line. This is not going to be a legal case, and the NFL probably won't do anything to the Pats. Certainly not before the Super Bowl.

But, we're not talking legalities here, we're not talking legal presentation of evidence, we're not talking a jury of your peers, we're not talking reasonable doubt.

In the court of public opinion, the Patriots are guilty of cheating. That much is clear.

So, the outcome of next week's game has already been decided. The Seattle Seahawks are the champions of Super Bowl 49. The game itself no longer matters.

If the Patriots win, it will be because they cheated. If the Patriots lose, it will be because they weren't allowed to cheat.

Forty-nine states, all U.S. territories, and the rest of the world know that the only way the Patriots can win a game is to cheat.

Massholes will continue to grapple, bargain, look for technicalities, come up with ludicrous explainations, blame others...whatever.

The verdict is in, the jury has spoken: GUILTY.

FlaJet and Jetsfanforlife like this.
  17. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

That's exactly why he said anything. So he can be on talk shows again. I didn't watch the Bill Nye piece yet but I've read a few "reviews" (not from pats fans) saying it was nothing but a fluff job and directly disputes what other physicists have said backing the plausibility of "BB's Experiment".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/25/nfl-bears-plenty-of-blame-for-deflategate/

Sharks of Vegas ‏@SharksOfVegas 3h3 hours ago
    BREAKING -Source CONFIRMS NFL Investigation is more about the officials than the Patriots.

I don't know who this guy is, he SEEMS like a Pats fan, but he's made a few "BREAKING" type statements and all have been correct, so far. So take it for what it's worth.

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Of course you have to love seeing the Patriots twist in the wind and make fools out of themselves. Their worst enemy is their own paranoia and that's never going to change!

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yeah PFT and Adam Shefter are Patriot insiders. BTW Carnegie Melon is in Pittsburgh.

Florio has been killing the Pats all week. LOL
    Have a good day guys.

20. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

Sharks of vegas?

lolz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.