Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

The desperation is strong right now.

You know what's the funniest thing out of all of this? These Patriot fans on here keep claiming that they are innocent and that they are proud to be a Patriots fan, etc. etc. But the one question still remains...

If you are so innocent and so proud to be a Patriot fan, why are you on a Jets forum arguing that they are not cheaters and how proud you are of them?

I'm still trying to figure this one out.

4. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I have a friend who recently decided to start watching the NFL, he didn't have a team to cheer for and he kind of ended up on the Patriots one way or another. Because of all this BS (and my explaining SpyGate and some other crap they have done) he said he's going to pick a new team for next year. It's a small victory, but I'll take it.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

It makes you wonder what other things they have done and gotten away with cheating wise

NY Jets68 likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The NFL is gonna have a mess on there hands if Goodel hands the Lombardi trophy to the Patriots without having answers,

7. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Belicheck offers final statement on the matter of "deflategate":

"Ahh, but the footballs that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate football in the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that football if they hadn't of pulled the Patriots out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow players..."

johnny likes this.
  8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

1. Footballs used by NE were in violation of NFL Rules.
    2. Only NE personnel had access to the footballs when illegal drop in pressure occurred.

rammagen likes this.
  9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Goodell would have to announce that the ceremony is postponed until the expeditious investigation is completed

10. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Why are you so concerned with what Jets fans believe?

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

For the scrubbing to have any kind of effect they would have needed to have 11 or 12 machines scrubbing all of the footballs simultaneously, immediately before handing them off to the ref for measurement. Being we know this is not the case and the footballs would have lost the minor heat transfer before getting to the refs except for possibly one (I doubt even one because they prep the balls long before the game) so then the refs make sure they are inflated to at least 12.5 PSI and then sent out to the field where the difference between 72 degrees indoor and 50 degrees outdoors will not make them drop anywhere near 2 PSI.

And Benjarvus Green Ellis never fumbling in 4 years with the Pats and then 5 in 2 years with the Bengals show us something is going on. Someone messed with the records you are looking at if you don't think he fumbled in college, how about 10 times. So he fumbled a lot in college, never in 4 years with the Pats and then goes to the Bengals and starts fumbling again.

Missouri vs Ole Miss
    2nd and Goal at MIZZ 12 Ben Green-Ellis rush to the Misso8, fumble by Ben Green-Ellis recovered by Missouri Marcus Woods at Miss o6, clock 06:18 of 2nd qtr.

LSU vs Ole Miss
    1st and Goal at LSU 2 BenJarvus Green-Ellis rush for 1 yard, fumbled at the LSU 1, forced by Jacob Cutrera, recovered by Luke Sanders at the LSU 1. Around the 7 minute mark 1st qtr.

Ole Miss vs Wake Forest
    2nd-3, WF3 B. Green-Ellis rushed to the right for 2 yard loss. B. Green-Ellis fumbled. B. Green-Ellis recovered fumble 1:55 of 1st qtr

Indiana vs Central Michigan
    2nd and 7 at IND 28 Hoosiers fumble by BenJarvus Green-Ellis (IU), recovered by Anthony Tyus (CMU), returned for no gain.

Ohio State vs Indiana
    2nd and 19 at OSU 47 Hoosiers fumble by BenJarvus Green-Ellis (IU), recovered by BenJarvus Green-Ellis (IU), advanced for no gain.

Northwestern vs Indiana
    2nd and 12 at IND 36 Hoosiers fumble by BenJarvus Green-Ellis (IU), recovered by Dominique Price (NU), returned for no gain.

Indiana vs Michigan
    4th and 10 at MICH 39 Hoosiers fumble by BenJarvus Green-Ellis (IU), recovered by BenJarvus Green-Ellis (IU), advanced for no gain.

Indiana vs Washington
    0th and Goal at IND 21 Hoosiers fumble by BenJarvus Green-Ellis (IU), recovered by BenJarvus Green-Ellis (IU), advanced for no gain.

Michigan St vs Indiana

1st and 10 at MSU 46 Hoosiers fumble by BenJarvus Green-Ellis (IU), recovered by BenJarvus Green-Ellis (IU), advanced for no gain.

Penn St vs Indiana

3rd and 11 at PSU 45 Hoosiers fumble by BenJarvus Green-Ellis (IU), recovered by Jay Alford (PSU), 12 yard return.

rammagen and PulseJet like this.
  12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Now you are getting it

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You and I both perceived BBs explanation the same.

He did not specifically say which part of their process "heats" the ball up. He he did say no external heat was applied. So I'm not sure I buy that.

Then he basically put this on the refs because he said we do our process and then leave the PSI evaluation to the officials.

The officials fill the balls up to an arbitrary level between 12.5 and 13.5.

Good old Tom get his hands on the balls outside and they are too hard. He asks the equipment guy to let a little air out.

The equipment guy, intimately knowing how Tom likes the balls, let's air out with a feel test. Consequently the balls are deflated to under regulation.

This seems more plausible than BB explanation.

I heard on NFL radio that because it was the AFCCG they had more cameras on the field and sidelines. It should be easy to find the culprit if this did occur since the balls are left outside on the sidelines after inspection.

PulseJet likes this.
  14. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

I love how the new Pats fan defense is that the "prepping" of the balls pre-game caused the temperature (and the psi) to rise. Then after the officials checked them, the pressure naturally deflated. What a coinky-dink.

That type of manipulation is CHEATING! Just the same as if a ball boy stuck them with a pin. It's manipulating the system to get pretty boy Pom-Tom the balls he wants. A deflated ball is easier to grip and not fumble.

Even the biggest Pat homers have to see this. This is a deliberate way to get around a rule, and give the Pats an advantage over their competition.

And now once they are caught. It's the same defense as Spygate. "Oh it's not that big a deal. It was inadvertent."

Do you think that them getting caught in this game was random? Other teams caught on to this and alerted the league. There is a culture in New England of cheating. Everyone in the whole country sees this. Why can't you?

PulseJet and rammagen like this.
  15. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

I hope you are just being a smart $$ and just fing around because if not I am also worried about a school system that lets people forget about basic physical laws
    science points other wise but yeah you are right... rubbing the balls raised the heat of the balls internal air temperature raising the air pressure. if that was case millions of teenagers could not get their pants on.

16. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

another pats fan I thought I asked you to stop posting when you asked someone to to say if they wanted you to stop. Freaking a dude get a grip on life you team cheated

17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Mmm, yea, good luck with that.

[​IMG]

18. felker

felker Active Member

News leak out of the NFL:

The NFL has no findings against the Patriots of wrong doing because the refs never properly examined the balls correctly in the first place,” a source tellsHollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY. “And they never imagined it to get this crazy and out of hand but they want to make a statement of no wrong doing by Monday after the Pro Bowl. They want the focus to be all about the Super Bowl!”

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/01/24/new-england-patriots-deflate-gate-nfl-superbowl-disqualified/

Lots of eggs on faces if this actually happens.

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

"Never properly examined the balls correctly"

That's some source you got there

FlaJet and NY Jets68 like this.
  20. felker

felker Active Member

Have you taken a look at the pressure gauges they use? There is no way they can measure more accurately than +/- 0.5 psi. Not to mention you are using game time temperature in your calculation while the measurement occurred at half time, which was colder.

The basic physics is simple. If you don't measure both temperature and pressure you have no idea how much air is in the ball, and you certainly have no evidence that any air was removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.