Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

lol These guys will be the butt end of jokes forever..

BacktoQueens, deerow84, TNJet and 4 others like this.
  2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

That's pathetic . The NFL is at fault and the Pats are exonerated because the refs did not catch the Patriot's underinflated balls? If you dont get caught cheating at the beginning of the game, the statute of limitations has run?

And another thing. I hope that if I ever am accused of a crime, that I get the BB and TB and Pats treatment and defense. Just hold a press conference and explain how you didn't do it and you are magically innocent. Ohh. Bill says he didn't do anything wrong and the Pats conducted their own experiment that explains everything. Sorry for the trouble Bill. You and your fans can now enjoy the SB. Carry on. Give me a f$&@ing break.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

4. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Priceless. The Pats are the team that just keeps giving..

[​IMG]

5. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

So on 32 degree rainy days,the balls would be underinflated by another 2psi, putting them at 9 psi, which would be obviously underinflated and virtually unplayable, but in the history of the NFL, nobody ever noticed. Dream onnnnn.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  7. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

OK got it. Altogether is one word, by the way.

Cya folks.

8. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm going to get you a nice fruit basket.

/I'm going to miss him.

9. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Don't listen to that clown. He all about name calling and putting people down. He thinks he so much better then everyday else. We all know what people are like when all they can do is put people down. They live one horrible life...... He still wondering why all his girlfriends/wifes cheat on him.

#2010 Geno007, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  10. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

I'm really starting to worry about the American school system, because nobody seems to understand what people are telling them. Doesn't matter are they listening or reading something, it just doesn't reach the destination no matter how hard they try. Maybe it's the 5 second attention span that people possess these days, but let's try one more time:

- Organization is accused of letting air out of the footballs for competitive reasons (although there is no statistical benefit to do so, based on the game in question)
    - Organization and the league both start to investigate the situation. After three days they find out that the procedure they use for scrubbing footballs increases the heat of said balls, and eventually leads to a drop in air pressure when the balls cool down.
    - Coach of the organization reports those findings to the press

I have a hard time believing a 62-year old man who doesn't seem senile would come and talk to the press and lie about testing their own procedure. What is the upside of that? That would actually make things even worse. If that is the reason for the drop in pressure, that means the Patriots have made their HOF QB play with a football that he doesn't want to play with, which is kind of interesting. Basically they have been sabotaging their own player by dropping the pressure.

And people who try to add the "no-fumbling" issue to this: maybe the fact that they don't fumble is they had a RB who didn't fumble once since HS, and his first fumble came when he went to the Bengals. Also if one of the RB's fumbles, they are immediately removed from the game and probably won't see the field again in the same game. That happened to Ridley numerous times. He's the only RB they have had with fumbling issues in years. It couldn't be good coaching or making ball security a top priority. It had to be the balls. Get a grip guys.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

sooo why do those rbs fumble more when they leave the pats?

PulseJet, FlaJet and TNJet like this.
  12. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

Oh you almost made it all the way. It was right there in the end. "It couldn't be coaching or making ball security a top priority."

With the Pats all BJGE did was run 3 yards right down the middle to make playaction work even a little bit. In Cincinnati he was coached by Marvin Lewis. Average RB asked to do too much + not having to worry about sitting on the bench 4 games in a row for one fumble. But keep convincing yourself coaching doesn't have anything to do with it. Pats just win because they cheat.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I never would have guessed you would have gone with that.

Additionally, according to Stats, LLC, the six players who have played extensively for the Patriots and other teams in this span all fumbled far less frequently wearing the New England uniform. Including recovered fumbles, Danny Amendola, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Danny Woodhead, Wes Welker, Brandon LaFell and LeGarrette Blount have lost the ball eight times in 1,482 touches for the Patriots since 2010, or once every 185.3 times. For their other teams, they fumbled 22 times in 1,701 touches (once every 77.3).

that's just great coaching. or cheating. again.

PulseJet and deerow84 like this.
  14. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

I know, common sense is rare in this thread. What would you go with? "Hey I have no evidence about anything but they have to cheat!" Good luck with that. Maybe next year their jerseys are too tight so it makes tackling too difficult. Can't wait for it.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

no evidence. lol

Belichick is a cheat. always has been and probably will be until he retired. it's unfortunate for him because he's a great coach and probably didn't need it, but his legacy is what it is now.

doesn't matter what a bunch of snarky pats fans say.

[​IMG]

#2016 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jan 25, 2015
  16. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

So you didn't understand a word that I wrote earlier. Are you going to keep running around this circle for the next five pages? Read the part again about what upside would the coach have lying about the situation. If he's correct and the ball preparation actually drops the psi as BB claimed, then there's your "fault". Also, that fault puts the ball at a pressure that his QB doesn't want. Of course you can't feel the difference in your hand, but I don't think that's a good thing mentally for a QB. Expecting a ball to be one way and finding out it's something else. How do you prepare for the next game, which is kind of important.

So Lolz right back at you. Good job taking a poll after every newspaper screams "CHEAATIING!" without any investigation to the matter and siting unnamed sources. No point investigating the thing, you already made up your mind. Wouldn't it be great if your great country would actually look at subjects at hand subjectively and not just root blindly for whatever side they are on regardless of evidence or facts? I know you don't do that, that's evident in your presidential elections. Blindly voting for a party/side, doesn't matter who is running and what their qualifications are.

#2017 langdon1975, Jan 25, 2015
  17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

belichick is proven to be a man of honor and wouldn't lie anyway so what's to discuss?

18. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

If investigation comes back with the result that the machine used to prep balls heats up the pressure and causes the psi change, what then? Are you gonna shut your mouth at that point? Nope, you still gonna go on about cheating. Again common sense is not your thing, no evidence would change your mind, UNLESS it had something to do with Jets. Unfortunately I'm working today so I have to stop this spirited argument with someone who reads at a 3rd grade level, but have a wonderful day anyway.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

will I shut my mouth if the pats have a special machine designed for cheating? take a guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.