Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Holy shit. 16 year old girls who read Tiger Beat to learn all about their favorite heartthrobs say shit like this.

Walt White likes this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha

3. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

god bless you understand basics physics? do you I need to question your intelligence here because all the evidence in the known physical universe points tho there having to be a 60 degree drop temperate to for a ball to loose two lbs of air pressue. the temp would need to be in the teens for a two lb lose. Simply put your teams bs does not flow. unless there was a dramica rise in in air pressure or drop like preceding a hurricane blew thru mass that night I dont think the atmospheric pressure comes into play here to explain away this story. Why don't you write mythbusters because that is the crap and your team are trying to sell here. A freaking myth.
    Again go through the math I have done it is a pretty straight forward formula and it shows it needs to be in the teens.
    So if you continue in this fallacy you are denying the basic laws that govern the known universe.
    Don't preach to me but maybe you should have a conversation with the rest of the world as for the reason why.....
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/deflate-gate-scientifically-plausible-physicist/story?id=28378643

4. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Yeah I actually understand physics exceptionally well. All the way from the Higgs-Boson on up.

I think you need to read up more on atmospheric pressure, but that's not physics - it's meteorology.

5. rammagen

word, seriously do you believe what you write I need to know. I hope you are no near Atlanta. We have enough issues here with people who deny evolution without adding you to the mix.
    what he did in spygate was illegal if not he would not have been fined.
    you want confirmation bias most people do not hate the patriots just the trolls who keep coming by.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

okay, I still don't think the whole issue is a big deal, but the absurdity of the HC of the Pats conducting physics experiments in the week leading up to the Super Bowl because of course he did nothing wrong, is that truly lost on people? Can anyone imagine Rex Ryan conducting science experiments? Hahaha. No, that's not suspicious at all.

deerow84, NY Jets68 and Axel3419 like this.
  7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Was it also a random press conference?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

8. rammagen

I think your wrong because if you did you would understand that the atmospheric air pressure did not change enough to drop the ball 2 freaking lbs genius. You would have to had high pressure roll in during game time and the temp would have to drop another 30 degrees
    this is a good definition of high pressure?
    The strongest high-pressure areas are associated with cold air masses which push away out of polar regions during the winter when there is less sun to warm neighboring regions. These Highs change character and weaken once they move further over relatively warmer water bodies.

Somewhat weaker but more common are high-pressure areas caused by atmospheric subsidence, that is, areas where large masses of cooler drier air descends from an elevation of 8 to 15 km after the lower temperatures have precipitated out the lighter water vapor. (H2O is about half of the molecular weight of the other two main constituents of the atmosphere—Oxygen, O2, and Nitrogen, N2.)

so look at this also on the 18th the low was 48 degrees which was up from the day before which was 24 degrees ....hmmm I thought high pressure brings colder weather from the above...
    http://www.ksdk.com/story/sports/nf...played-role-deflated-balls-bernhard/22104795/

9. SteveGrogan

Ok... you've already convinced yourself. Why do you need to convince me?

10. rammagen

No but then again he did not get caught deflating balls. it might have actually helped Geno on short passes. Face it your team got caught doing something fishy. I don't think it was the head coach but the qb behind it.

11. rammagen

because I have to wonder why you keep trying to post garbage here no one is buying but yourself. Just go away you asked I said word.
    now go away to believe dinosaurs never lived either either.
    Every freaking point you made has been refuted but yet you hang around like a cold sore. don't argue with me argue with with a physics professor since you want us to believe Bellicheat can bend the laws of nature

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

After everything is said and done this is my take. The Patriots were again playing games with the rules (ie. cheating) and to their way of thinking trying to get an advantage. And everything starts with Belichick. He runs the show. But is it a big deal. Not all that much. The NFL is again handling this whole thing stupidly first by letting them get away with it last Sunday after they'd been warned about it. If it was an advantage and they knew about it why not stop it before the game and keep control of the balls away from NEP. Now they have this big investigation just because it made national headlines. As for punishment. A fine is enough. No draft picks (because other teams probably do it and other illegal things) and no suspension. Maybe just a warning. But most of all no more allowing teams to control game balls esp. Belichick.

#1992 pclfan, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  13. SteveGrogan

Look I'm not trying to convince you. I'm discussing in here. If you want to flip out about it that's your prerogative - but if a coach starts running physics experiments with footballs instead of super bowl planning - I'd say there is a reason.

Guilt doesn't seem like one of them to me.

Those are my thoughts, I welcome yours - and I've considered them and then dismissed them. Yelling at me that I don't understand physics, doesn't make it so.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

And make him polish the fine china.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

so all of your science that you claim to understand so well ... where was that when you first showed up distraught about the pats cheating? I'm also interested in why theses sciences only apply to one sideline for one half.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look the whole thing has been overblown because of the incompetency of the NFL. In reality it's no big fucken deal. As much as I hate the Patriots I'd just give them a steep fine and a warning. I'm sure Belichick would be laughing his ass off thinking he got away with one but fuck him!

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

A fine is enough? Maybe if they hadn't been caught cheating before but for a team that continually looks for avenues to give themselves an advantage by side stepping the rules I don't think a fine is enough.
    Deflating the ball gives a much better grip which would explain the off the charts difference in fumbles per play over the last 5 years. I mean seriously, how is no other team even close. Maybe if it was a year here and a year there but when you put it all together something is going on and it has nothing to do with who they are drafting.
    [​IMG]

18. rammagen

again just stop please you are not discussing anything here you are just trying to counter any point. I' say the reason the coach is doing tests is because he has reason to be concerned..... you the problem with consider thoughts is you would recognized your thoughts are breaking the laws of physics which are pretty much made in stone until proven other wise. As far as dismissing thoughts that is fine it is your right to be ignorant. just don't try to sell something that no-one here will buy.

You asked if someone wanted you stop posting say the word I did. So stop, stop trolling the tread dismissing basic science.
    please just stop all together posting You asked for some I responded.
    No one is yelling because if I was I would type in caps.

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I doubt anyone in the entire Patriots org is capable of telling the truth. Unless someone rats on them no proof. I know Kraft can wipe his ass with any fine the league charges him. And write off the whole fucken thing. But I can't see going further with it. But knowing Goodell he's going to fuck this up, too.

TNJet likes this.
  20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Cmon guys. Lets be real here. In my Dodge Journey,i can set the temperature as I like it on m side,and my wife can adjust it how she likes it. It can be an extreme difference! maybe Gillette has dual temperature controls for each half of the stadium, and on the pats side there were 60-70 degree sudden temperature drops an rises. This is the Patriots were talking about here. A world class organization known for honesty and integrity. Just ask their loyal dedicated fan base of 13 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.