Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Look, I've got no animosity toward you. Whatever it's gonna take to make you feel better, I want you to believe that.

2. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

look at my last post where Brunnel and the Bus correctly choose not only the under inflated ball but the over inflated one. Call someone ion the internet a liar but call the ex players a liar because they nailed it. I would trust two different players who nothing vested in this as they are not playing for either team......

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Can't fraking wait to their next matchup against pats.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

74 likes this.
  4. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

exactly you can't break physical laws. there needs to be close to a 60 degree temp drop for the lose of two psi but pat fans believe differently

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I have 'touched' properly inflated footballs so your "anyone could tell you" sweeping generalization doesn't carry much water as far as I'm concerned. And the bladder has everything to do with psi as it is the bladder that is responsibe for maintaining the ball's 'airtightness'. A bladder that is compromised (producing a slow leak) would be the reason for a ball just sitting there to lose psi. I get the effect cooling could have but the Patriots weren't exactly microwaving the balls upfront causing this huge drop in temp. (I'm familiar with the slew of other tricks that have been attempted when it comes to tampering with a ball).

"Needles & Pins" isn't just a 60's tune by The Searchers. Needles and pins are what can be used (by an experienced handler) to drop 2 psi from an airtight bladder in a flash. Lastly, did those 12 footballs include the Patriots 'K' balls? You ask Ryan Allen about the 'inperceptible' difference between 10.5 and 12.5 psi and I guarantee you, he'd look at you like you didn't know what you're talking about. Because you don't.

Let's call a spade a spade: I haven't seen you posting here much so a quick check showed that:

- you haven't posted here in months and,
    - you are a Patriots fan.

Now I get it.

One thing I don't get: why are Patriots fans such as yourself, grogan et al wasting your time on a New York Jets board and why do you care what Jet fans think about this, about Belichick, about Bob Kraft or about the Patriots in general? Why aren't you and your fellow Patriot choir members singing "The Patriot Way!" in a Super Bowl thread on www.patsfans.com ?

6. SteveGrogan

You understand that air pressure changes constantly, right? Altimeters in aircraft are set by atmospheric pressure measurements - it needs to be set properly before every flight... And then in flight. And then on landing.

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I don't give a flying fuck about your feeling, towards me including. The fact the you choose to believe without question a proven personal and professional cheater tells a lot about YOUR integrity. Or rather about lack of thereof.

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yo...Pencil Neck! Give it a break yo. c'mon maaaaaaan..... Two lbs. in that weather is a game changer bro

9. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

You mean like DQwell Jackson saying he can't tell the difference, there is a difference, I never disputed that, but it is very small. A QB can probably tell the difference, but to most people it is a very minor difference. You were saying a reporter saying the ball is hard at 10.5 was lying, except he isn't the difference is minescule and most people can't tell the difference.

Also I didn't say it was a 2 PSI drop, I've noted in this thread I think they probably deflated them, but you said there would be no drop, that is blatantly incorrect as you point out.

Air-tightness is not the issue, temperature drops change the pressure of the ball inside the bladder, there will be a change in the internal pressure of the ball with a temperature drop that has nothing to do with the integrity of the bladder.

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

1. Footballs used by NE were in violation of NFL Rules.
    2. Only NE personnel had access to the footballs when illegal drop in pressure occurred.

11. SteveGrogan

Well... that's actually a really easy answer. There's a thing called confirmation bias... it's a real thing. It causes people to search for support in arguments that match their emotional feelings or what they want to happen.

Fox News is almost exclusively a brain trick with confirmation bias. People won't look elsewhere for information they might need to know if you tell them what they wanted to hear in the first place.

So in this particular instance, there really has not been much information - and none of the reports are especially strong. Some have flat out changed and it looks like more will change as we move on. Chris Mortensen doesn't exactly have a high batting average of breaking big stories that aren't bogus.

So in here, you all have confirmation bias... you hate the Patriots. I actually thought bouncing ideas off both you, as well as my own confirmation bias would lead me to figure out if there's smoke from a fire or just a crowd of haters with pitchforks. I came to the conclusion about 40 pages ago ... you guys gave me every reason to not believe the patriots, but I see enough confirmation bias going on in the press and honestly I just want to know whatever the truth is. Spy gate wasn't even spying... and its the only thing real in BB's oft repeated "pattern of behavior". Most of the "pattern" is just unsubstantiated accusations against the winningest coach of our lifetime by people who lost to him.

He had the sidelines filmed during a game. On TV. With cameras everywhere anyway. He filmed something it wasn't illegal for him to see in the first place. So while he cut a corner instead of paying 3 people to watch and take notes legally... I really don't give a fvck about it. It's a joke of a "conviction". But it is what it is and that seems to have given the haters ammo.

I really don't care. I'm not looking for anyone else's misery - I just want my team to win.

Anyway... this thread kinda proved to me that there's nothing to see here. But beyond that - there are some cool people in this forum. If y'all want me to leave - then I'll check out again no problem.

Just say the word.

12. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

DEEEERRRP

13. SteveGrogan

lol

In a related story... Nebraska boy had a big day in the Senior Bowl I heard.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

And you ignored my 'microwave' comment. As in, did the Patriots 'nuke' the balls (and raise the ball's internal temperature THAT MUCH, that is, to the point that psi would be affected THAT MUCH during the 'settling' (cooling off) period that followed their pre-game "texturizing treatment" (as Milhous Belichick referred to it)? Andrew Luck probably likes a slick new ball getting "rubbed up" as well. But lo and behold, nothing screwy about the Colts' pigskins.

http://www.patsfans.com

snowplowgame
    spygate
    odinlloydgate
    andnowthisgate
    whatsnext?gate

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

has anyone heard a reasonable response to this that passes the giggle test?

16. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Man the NFL is going to bring those balls in with armed guards for the Superbowl lol. Drone over head and Jack Bauer on standby.

17. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

And this is related to a football on a ground????

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Yes because pigs fly.

19. SteveGrogan

CNN and every non sports mainstream media was reporting that he was a cheater and to make sure to protect his legacy as well as keep the locker room together while the 2 leaders of the team are eviscerated in the press as guilty and he wanted to know what the fvck was going on because the accusation made no sense to him?

So he learned every single thing there was about it. Replicated the process... found the same sort of thing... and threw it to the press who wasn't performing that test since there isn't as much of a market for patriots fans?

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

The 2 posted links are to the same thing and besides multiple QB's have stated there is a huge difference. All that doesn't matter though because it is against the rules.
    Whether you or anyone else think it isn't a big advantage, many professionals have weighed in on the advantages and by the way it is also against the rules.
    And before I finish this post did I mention that it is against the rules?

#1980 The Waterboy, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.