Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

oh wow a Pats fan living in NJ. Were you a Cowboys fan in the 90's, and before that a Bills fan in the 80's?

Walt White likes this.
  2. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

No, but if the media reported that BB colored it purple... and I couldn't see a purple sky myself.. but he went up to a mic and said "hey press, go fuck yourself"... then ya, I'd believe him.

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Don't worry Steve, you ARE relevant, in spite of what you may think. You'll be okay.

4. Walt White

Lol..

Cowboys '90's... Da Bears Yo, in the late 80's

5. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

There are more I can post, but it's not just one or two folks saying it.
    1. The MMQB ‏@theMMQB Jan 22
    2. Again, from our informal test, diff between 12.5 and 10.5 psi is practically imperceptible. 10.5 definitely not soft. pic.twitter.com/sOm2AN5Tm8
    3. [​IMG]

6. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

7. JetsHuskers fan

steelers in the 70's

what i fucking hate the most about Pats fans is how 95% of them didn't give a flying fuck about the Pats prior to 2001. No on in Boston gave a damn about them before that, then all of the sudden everyone in Boston is a die hard Pats fan. Fuck that entire fan base. Screw the Cock Sox, Screw the Bruins. Screw the Celtics.

8. SteveGrogan

Look... one thing I think we can all agree on. The NFL Memes page on Facebook has increased in hilarity by a factor of 10 since this "story". hahahaha

9. Walt White

Same here...and I never hated the Celtics and the Sox back in the day. But that fan base is sickening. I think they took on the persona of that scumbag HC.

10. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

you're wrong on both counts.
    10.5 psi is extremely hard as just about anyone who has touched a properly inflated football could tell you, and basic physics tells you that cooling will decrease PSI it has nothing to do with the bladder, the air doesn't leak out, it cools and pressure decreases.

11. JetsHuskers fan

The arrogance and the smugness of people from New England makes it even worse. Top it off with the terrible accent.

12. roger

roger Active Member

The Pats claim that the air temperature inside the football dropped by approximately 20 degrees, from 70 when they were tested to 50 degrees at halftime, the outdoor temperature. Furthermore, they say that change in temperature caused a 1 psi drop in air pressure inside the ball. That explains half of the 2 psi drop recorded between the time the balls were tested pregame and when they were tested at halftime. I’ll accept that.
    But, that also means that the air inside the balls must have been close to 90 degrees when they were originally tested, correct? If a 20 degree drop explains a 1 psi drop in pressure, then I’m assuming you’d need almost a 40 degree drop in temperature to explain a 2 psi drop in air pressure. I’ll let one of you math guys figure out the exact number.
    So, the question becomes; What is the rate of heat transference through a leather skin and a rubber bladder of a football?

A football would have to be almost a perfect conductor of heat for a pair of human hands at 98.6 degrees to raise the air temperature inside the ball from 70 degrees (room temperature) to close to 90 degrees, regardless of the amount of friction. Which if the Patriots are to be believed would have to be the temperature at which the balls were officially tested before the game. Someone would have to rub the balls really really hard for a really really long time to generate hat kind of heat. Not to mention that they'd have warm up all 11 balls simultaneously. If they did them one at a time, then the air pressure of the first ball prepped would be lower than the pressure of the 11th ball prepped, since it would have cooled slightly while it sat at room temperature while each of the other eleven balls were having their turn being vigorously rubbed.

Or, maybe the Pats have 11 different guys all prepping footballs simultaneously with the exact same amount of body heat and friction. A Congo line of ball rubbers, if you will. That's possible, I suppose, but unlikely.

So, even if their story is to be believed, they would have had to have used some sort of artificial means to increase the temperature of the air inside the ball by approximately 20 degrees from the time they were inflated to the time the pre-game test was performed. That alone shows that there was intent to increase the temperature of the ball to fool the officials testing the air pressure.

Did they boil them? Put them in a hot tub or sauna? Microwave them? Wrap them in hot towels? Shove them up Brady’s ass?

They did something, and whatever they did they did intentionally. I find it hard to believe that they increased the temperature of 11 footballs simultaneously by 20 degrees without realizing it.

rammagen likes this.
  13. JetsHuskers fan

some good gems in there:

If the Colts balls were colder at first pressure check then they'd lose less pressure. However the nfl I don't believe said how much pressure they lost if any.

The Colts balls may have been colder because they just came in on a bus and were already filled to lucks specifications. It would probably take a few hours being indoors to heat the ball sufficiently for it to become 72 degrees or so.

Pats balls would quickly lose heat in the rain. Water sucks heat out of things much faster than air.

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

30 deg f drop in temp results in 0.4 psi drop
    Multiple professional athletes stated that difference between 10.5 and 12.5 psi is huge.
    You're a moron

rammagen and Walt White like this.
  15. Walt White

Yep, precisely...They came out of the woodwork like a swarm. Most of them bandwagoners shooting off their mouths

16. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read a few of those. This was my favorite:

I really want an explanation on how the Colts balls were to stay in compliance and the Pats were unable to. #tablesturned

nice hashtag dumbass...

17. Walt White

Anybody denying is that is clueless, and/or a moron, or a LIAR. It would be a tremendous edge in that weather.

18. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Excellent question. Let's hear B-Cheat or Deflated Tom explaining this!

19. SteveGrogan

Not tremendous... but you know what DEFINITELY would be? The way they're allowed to scuff the balls legally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.