Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Lmao,I almost expect this to be the next defense lined up for Belicheat.

2. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

How bout them Colts balls?

MAGIC!!!!

You would win gold in mental gymnastics in the Olympics. Congrats!

3. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

I'm only being honest. I haven't jumped to any conclusions yet like everyone else has. Because I don't know the truth.

Neither do you.

4. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

I think all kinds of things are on their way to being cleared up for you. I'm not sure how you don't see that writing on the wall really? Belichick isn't holding a press conference like THAT if he thinks anything is coming back to him even a little bit.

5. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

7. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Are those your scores? You're doing pretty well in this mental gymnastics competition, too.

8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Gronk already admitted to spiking all the game balls so there's that

Also I heard a pats fan on Boston radio saying the colts may have switched the footballs after deflating, so there's that too. He wanted to know if anyone was looking into that. Another fan said to ask the center because they are over 300lbs and lean on the ball all game.

Conclusion: the NFL is a joke, and the Patriots are cheaters.

Once, this was a great sport to watch.

TNJet likes this.
  9. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Arrogance maybe. You are probably right though nothing will happen because the patriots are a legacy team in the nfl and that is more important than having a league of fair competition...

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's never a great day to be a Patriots fan.

Let's look further into this. The entire nation thinks your team are cheaters. The entire nation. They polled over 200k people and it was a HUGE majority. Now let's think about all this for a second.

Your team is the most hated team in all of sports. Not just by rivals but by the entire nation. You have a history of cheating in which you paid a heavy heavy fine including the loss of a top draft pick. Your record and wins has been forever marked with cheating. You are now again caught in the middle of another controversy, whether it be true or not.

So here you are, a fan of a team hated by all. Seen as cheaters by all and a team that has a history of cheating with another incident to add to their resume. You have a head coach who is questioned to ever join the hall of fame because of the cheating and you have a QB who is also questioned based on cheating. You haven't won a super bowl since you were caught, just like half of the league.

Please, how is it ever a good day to be a Patriots fan? I have family in Boston and friends that are huge Patriots fans. They are embarrassed entirely. The entire nation hates you.

You keep playing that "us against the world" bullshit. I feel bad for Patriots fans, honestly. It must really suck to be hated this much

74 and TNJet like this.
  11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Amazing. The big white dude sounded like an uneducated moron.

_

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Don't get him angry.

You won't like him when he's angry.

_

13. Falco21

I don't get it, I really don't. I don't get how any Patriots fan is happy right now and glad to be a fan.

I'm as die hard of a Jets fan as any guy on this board. I am also a HUGE fan of football and sports. I love the game and love my Jets. But I don't know if I could ever keep following this franchise if this was my history.

Not only does the entire nation think they are cheaters, but ex players, coaches, executives, etc. are coming out everywhere claiming them to be cheaters. Does that honestly feel good? I mean, I would be so embarrassed to be a fan of a franchise not only with a history of cheating, but with a reputation of being cheaters.

74 and FlaJet like this.
  14. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

When they run a poll saying they don't want BB as their coach - then maybe I'll believe them a little more.

You know honestly... they can hate all they want. Like I've said... I was a fan of this team when they never had any chance of actually doing anything. They were the doormat of the entire NFL and I was prepared as a fan to just sit there in misery and watch my team lose every single week. None of my friends IN CONNECTICUT were Patriots fans... I was ridiculed for being a NE Patriots fan instead of being a Giants fan.

And when people hate the patriots... I remember those days. Just like if this kinda crap happens with your team... and you go on a run... the people here on this board right here right now would probably think the same exact way. And the Jets are in a better position than NE ever was before the mid 90's.

15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Belichick held another presser today (Sat) and reportedly defiantly denied any wrong doing. And went into some specifics about the balls, texture and air pressure. All well and good. Then how come other teams warned the NFL about balls on the NEP side being significantly lower in pressure. And when they measured pressure last Sunday they were lower on the NEP side and not the Colts. Caught in another lie, Bill? As per their attorneys the Patriots credo is: deny, deny, deny!

16. Falco21

It's entirely different man.

Your team has cheated in the past. Was fined and paid a huge price for it. You are caught yet again in a cheating predicament and you are hated by everyone, everywhere. Players, coaches, all have said they are tired of you bending the rules and getting just a slap on the wrist.

It's not about hating. It's about real life. People hate on the Miami Heat because of their success. People don't like teams that have a lot of success. That's just natural, especially how they bought their success. But the Patriots are hated because they are proven cheaters.

The day the Jets cheat, I am gone. I will not be a part of a fan base rooting for a cheater, especially in a sport I love so much.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

This post and others including the press conference just makes this situation so hilarious.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

18. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

NY radio is saying he went into overload. Calling him Bill Nye the science guy. NE fans will say;
    [​IMG]

The majority will stay:
    [​IMG]

19. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Occam's Razor (The simplest answer is usually correct) doesnt seem to apply to Patriots fans. They will bend themselves to any strange theory or explanation that may explain how their beloved team didnt tamper with these balls. I have heard from them that they may have inflated the balls in a sauna and when the air cooler air hit the balls that was the difference, maybe the atmospheric temperature on the Pats side of the field was different than on the Colts side, maybe the Refs didnt check the balls, maybe they tampered with the balls, etc. Anything except the simplest answer. The individuals who would have gained from the deflation and had control over the balls and have shown a keen sense of how they want these balls in the past actually did in fact tamper and break the rules. They sound like battered wives that are so invested in the marriage that they will accept any lie their loving Tommy and Billy say.

Now this bullshit press conference from Belichick, which is obviously an NFL commisioner authorized press conference to obscure, wear out the media, obfuscate. Anything to make this story go away.

If you Pats fans think this latest press conference settles things, your in for a surprise. Its obvious now that the NFL will put all kinds of pressure on the media to spike this story so they can have their Super Bowl week. But its a dirty business and its only going to alienate fans of the league that want the sports participants to play by the rules.

Oh, and for Pats Nation.... FAH Q!

NY Jets68 likes this.
  20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.