Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Lol NFL Network puts two apologists up there to discuss the pressed.

_

Poeman likes this.
  2. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

I think the league is putting an end to this.

JetBlue likes this.
  3. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

I think he knows the hammer is coming and begged to do it as a big FU.

Either way, this is NOT what I was expecting.

4. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

The hammer isn't coming, the fact that Schefter who is basically the NFL's go-to leak guy has been spending the last 48 hours on TV and radio talking about how the league is having trouble finding evidence or figuring out who to blame should tell you the league is softening the ground for a ruling that the balls were improperly inflated, but they can't find evidence that it was an intentional act by anyone associated with the Patriots.

5. SteveGrogan

Or... the whole thing was bogus from day 1 and more a function of crowd hate than evidence from an investigation.

I thought Ebola and the deflated ball got about the same amount of press.

6. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

I said that to my wife. He's good at lying has had many years of experience doing it.

7. PickSix

I did consider this, but then when I factored in the last-minute press conference coming out of nowhere, the vitriol he was spewing, and statement's like "100% certain we did everything by the rules to the T"; that's when I swung the other way. He's getting his denial out of the way now. Now when the hammer comes, he can just avoid everything and say "I said all I had to say on Saturday".

Either way, we shall see.

8. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

He was coached. This was as doctored as any politician speech I have heard. There will be nothing more than a fine. Goodell (dipshit) will be let go and get a high paying job from his closet bed mate. All he did was telling everyone PROVE IT!!

From knowing nothing in the 1st interview to giving a science class.

rammagen likes this.
  9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Those two guys, McGinness and Evans are a joke.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  10. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Different prep.

As for the "why didn't it change in second half" question:

The changes initially occur because of the atmospheric change from where the ball is prepped (and how it is prepped) to moving into different environmental conditions. The balls would need to be given time to adjust to the inside temperature again to repeat the process.

They were taken in at half, tested, reinflated, returned to the game. There was not enough time to repeat the process. The reinflated balls were already at the outside conditions. No change would occur.

He also gave absolutely no specifics on how they prep their balls because the Colts will now probably be forced to hand over their process to the NFL to replicate their prep and compare the 2 types of prep to see if the findings work and are consistent with what happened during the game.

Edit: And nobody EVER said the Colts balls did not deflate any, they were still within legal specs is the only thing ever said. Even if Colts used identical prep as PAtriots, Colts ball in theory deflates to 12.5 if initially inflated to 13.5, pats go from 12.5 to 11.5, one stays legal, one doesn't. BB also said on Thursday he'll instruct for the balls to be filled above the minimal level to prevent this issue.

11. PickSix

He's clearly a PSIchopath

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Love that all the Pats fans are taking what BB has to say as gospel.

Different prep? As if they were rubbing the balls right up until the second the refs measured the PSI. Still doesn't account for anywhere near 2 lb. PSI difference anyway.

13. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Yeah and there is land under the Brooklyn Bridge I would like to sell you.
    You would have to be a moron to believe that this a product of bashing the cheaters.

Sorry the NFL is buying time till after the super bowl. Which I won't be watching because if deflate gate.
    After the super bowl someone will be suspended or fined

74 and FlaJet like this.
  14. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Show me the 2lb PSI difference is a fact. It was leaked once on day 1 and never mentioned again. Yet you're taking what Mort said as Gospel. So Mort is right, 100% unproven, but correct, and you're allowed to eat that up, but I can't believe BB?

2PSI difference was likely an extreme exaggeration, balls found at 11.5, max limit 13.5, thus 2psi difference. 2PSI has absolutely no context.

15. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

strngplyr likes this.
  16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Is Goodell burning the footballs in question?

74, FlaJet, NY Jets68 and 1 other person like this.
  17. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Sorry for someone posting about physics then the prep for the Patriots balls would need to take them to a 100 degree room because for the weight to change it would need to drip 50 degrees.
    so I'm that is not the definition of cheating to get around the spirit of the rule I am not sure what is

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You are confusing having trouble finding evidence who did it specifically with evidence that it happened.

The evidence that it happened is the fact that 11 of 12 patriots balls were deflated. Not sure how you can rationally claim that existed as a function of crowd hate, but please explain.

The LA district attorney couldn't prove who killed Nicole Simpson; does that mean she wasn't murdered?

They were the pats balls in the pats possession; the pats did it. Logic can identify who did it even if evidence can't prove it.

19. SteveGrogan

You keep wishing for whatever you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.