Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Yeah I read that. They inspected the balls before last Sunday's game. I'm pretty sure if the NFL was certain those balls were pressurized right before the game... they would have said that directly rather than "the ref checked them before the game". It also doesn't say if they stuck a pressure gauge into them like they're supposed to... or if they just let them go through with a squeeze test as has become standard in the NFL.

It sounds very reasonable that part of this "investigation" is finding out if the refs ever did their job.

And that this entire delay... could be about how to handle the damage if they didn't.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Anything new besides the NFL statement?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

3. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

I bet Irsay is behind this.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Where do you get the idea that it has become standard for refs to just squeeze the balls to measure the pressure rather than use the pressure gauge?

NY Jets68 likes this.
  5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

6. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sure somebody on Patsfans.com posted it on their message board, so now it's a fact.

74 and NY Jets68 like this.
  7. JetsHuskers fan

8. JetsHuskers fan

that is quite the statement

9. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Because it's long? Kraft said nothing.

10. SteveGrogan

Monday it came out that there was an investigation. That same day, Tom Brady's friend - Aaron Rodgers starts talking to the media about how he hates when the refs let air out of the balls.

(which immediately gets me thinking... Brady is worried that his preference for the ball is going to get scrutinized so he got his NFL QB buddy to go to the media and comment on it.)

Then I started asking myself... could I really picture a referee in a room with 48 football and a pressure gauge with howard stern on in the background or something? The answer is No. Especially since the QBs are ALLOWED to scuff the hell out of the ball in the first place. I'd probably squeeze one or two, and then move on. As a ref on Sunday... I would never imagine that deflated balls could ever even be some earth shattering thing in the first place. So it was business as usual. (NFL problem #1)

Then I heard that the NFL investigators who found the balls to be under inflated... are not the ones who examined them pre-game (NFL botched investigation problem #2)

Then I started looking at what Tom Brady said in his team meeting "he likes the football a certain way". Then I look at what he said to the press... he didn't say "I never break any rules" he said he didn't "feel" like he breaks any. Which means to me - "I just take the footballs the way I like them and give them to the refs. I'm not breaking any rules."

Then I see this article this morning: http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/01/delfategate_former_chicago_bea.html

Now you've got the media reaction... basically ruining the super bowl. I mean whatever happens.... to say at this point this has no effect on the game is insane. Now if you're Goodell and these things are true... what are your moves at this point?

1. Say there's no evidence and let the Patriots live with this monkey on their back?
    2. Accept blame as the commish for blowing the investigation in the first place?
    3. Penalize the patriots... and then have them file a lawsuit that the ref didn't check?

I think whatever happens...short of coughing up a video of Tom Brady or the ball boy deflating a bag of footballs on the sideline this all just ended Roger Goodell's career as the commissioner.

Next we get to see how Condoleeza Rice would handle this. She's probably give Baghdad an NFL franchise.

Everyone welcome your 2016 Baghdad Sectarians!

11. JetsHuskers fan

i was being sarcastic.

Snatch Catch likes this.
  12. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

With the NFL's press release today it is so obvious that they have the Pats dead to rights, but they are not gong to do anything until after the Super Bowl. This will end up with a huge penalty to the Pats starting next year, and also Goodell will become the sacrificial lamb because of this and the Ray Rice thing. He'll be replaced.

In the meantime all the Super Bowl pockets will be filled, including Krafts.

13. SteveGrogan

Boy will some heads explode if this goes from a public execution of the Patriots organization to a ton of sympathy for them for the media jumping the gun. The media won't care... they'll sell even more commercials and clicks. The Super Bowl will be even bigger than before.

The Patriots will then go from being guilty of everything suspected because of spy gate... to being teflon.

It absolutely could happen.

14. JetsHuskers fan

[​IMG]

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's clear Brady was lying, the only fitting punishment for him and NE is to force Brady to play for the Jets.

joe and 74 like this.
  16. SteveGrogan

Definitely a possibility. And the only scenario that seems to fit without bringing conspiracy theories into this.

17. JetsHuskers fan

Yup. Irsay, the Ravens owner, Jerry jones, and Woody Johnson all collaborated to do this.

18. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

This shit is starting to get boring.

BeastBeach likes this.
  19. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

You sound like an abused wife.

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Everything you said here is 100% complete bullshit.

And you know it.

You have become a better troll than soxx.

Well done.

_

74 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.