Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I assume his wife snipped his balls off at some point. It's why he dresses the way he does.

2. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

So instead U bring your garbage here.

3. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

http://nypost.com/2015/01/22/ex-players-react-bradys-cluelessness-unbelievable/
    Best line "
    After a season filled with scandals — including Goodell’s indefensible decision to initially suspend Ray Rice two games in the former Ravens running back’s domestic violence case — Aikman thinks enormous pressure is on Goodell, especially due to his friendship with Patriots owner Robert Kraft.

“There’s a lot of coaches and a lot of people that look upon the Patriots as a team that’s been favored in some of the things that have happened — I thought the punishment he got for Spygate was a slap on the wrist, was next to nothing — so we’ll see,” Aikman said.

It just keeps giving and giving. I even want this to end. Just do what U always planed on doing comish. Or must U first get clearance from bud kraft?

4. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

5. JetsHuskers fan

but I started the trend

[​IMG]

6. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

The beauty of deflategate is that the Pats legacy is now shit.
    No one respects B&B anymore.
    Watching all these ex-NFLers trash them warms my heart.

Go fuck your smug asses, New England.

7. feldspar

feldspar Member

Jetaho likes this.
  8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i found Belichick more believable than Brady, but i don't believe his line 'i've told you everything i know'.
    he knows more...
    Brady i felt was just straight up lying, and is likely the more culpable of the two.

Overall, the Patriots are taking the stance of 'prove it' regarding those two.

it's a dangerous stance based on precedent. Goddell suspended Payton for a full year, with the rationale being ignorance doesn't excuse the wrongdoing. Well if the Patriots want to take the stance of ignorance, than i think Goddell needs to follow his established precedent. Suspend Belichick effective immediately, and see if that shakes some answers out of that organization.
    if it doesn't, well then Belichick takes the fall as the HC, and Kraft gets penalized a first round pick.
    That would be fitting considering no one in that org, including Kraft, has shown any outrage or commitment to solving the mystery.
    They are instead putting the onus on the NFL to solve it, so the NFL needs to match serve.

i don't think Goddell has the stones to do it during Super Bowl week tho, which will end up being the final nail in his coffin as commissioner.
    This cannot be brushed under the rug, with a simple 'I have no explanation of what happened' bullshite.
    It's time for action......this week, not next season.

9. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I can 't believe after all the shit that has gone on that THIS is the one everybody is making a big deal about. LOL! It's like O.J. finally getting his due after stealing sports paraphernalia. HAH! I'm just gonna enjoy this!

10. BacktoQueens

i bet this, as well as other shenanigans, has been going on for some time within that organization.
    it is only ironic that they get caught in a game they didn't need an advantage to win..

keeping with the OJ parallel, neither OJ nor Kraft, Belichick, or Brady, seemed very concerned about solving the mystery/tragedy at hand.
    There was no outrage on what happened, nor was there an alternative explanation offered, nor commitment to independently ascertain the truth.
    none of that, just deniability.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  11. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

I'm not sure the referee's union and it's members is a great place to rest that argument:
    1. It is almost impossible to fire a union ref.
    2. They aren't particularly good at their jobs

12. JetsHuskers fan

My gut tells me that the media laid a huge egg here and all of this is bullshit. That's just my gut on this right now.

13. BacktoQueens

the media hasn't laid an egg here. the story has legs for sound reasons.

my worry is that Goddell is about to lay an egg.

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

boo fucking hoo.

15. Dierking

Fran Tarkenton and Brian Dawkins are whiny crybabies.

16. Dierking

It's mostly bullshit. They murdered the Colts in the second half with the proper balls. But it's great fun to dance on the Patriots' grave of legitimacy.

17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

You really think last week was the ONLY time the Pats artificially de-inflated footballs?

rohirrim665 and rammagen like this.
  18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So are you saying cheating is OK if it isn't the obvious difference in winning and losing? The Pats had a two score lead going into the half and made it three scores on the opening possession of the 2nd half. The Colts had to press at that point.

I don't disagree that the Pats shit all over them with the correct balls, obviously they did, but the cheating altered the game.

PulseJet likes this.
  19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So NFL Network on Sirius this morning started out on this story. So much for the "poof" story goes away today. so sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.