Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Obviously as a Pats fan, I'm hoping it's not true. Having said that, whenever an article has been about deflate gate onNFL.com, it's been nothing but the pro-Patriot stories. Check it out now. Are they setting it up?

2. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter how many different sources I post, you will still deny it but here is another anyway.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=12202450&city=boston&src=desktop

#1323 The Waterboy, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  4. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Brady lied through his teeth there. So did Belicheck. They must know the NFL won't be able to get any hard evidence and they are just going the deny deny deny route. Unreal

5. The Waterboy

There is no way the balls get deflated unless Brady says he wants them deflated. Not even Belichick would deflate the balls without Brady approving it. Your star QB is going to get the balls the way he wants them, not the way someone else does. They were deflated to Brady's specifications, they is really no other plausible explanation and it was done after Referee Walt Anderson checked them to make sure they were to the legal specifications..

6. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

So I was listening to WEEI this morning who was saying that the people who checked the ball at halftime were NFL investigators... and that the pre-game check was done by the referees. They also said that they had them at halftime and they were properly inflated... and at the end of the game they were also properly inflated. They said the NFL investigators did not see the balls prior to the start of the game.

In that interview... Brady says he doesn't "feel" like he has broken any rules. Why the word "feel"? I think his plausible deniability will come into play and the balls are presented to the referees that way for every game. According to the Rodgers interview he presents the balls overinflated and "sometimes" they take air out of them... meaning "sometimes" they don't... and he gets away with it. Who's to say whoever checks those balls really really looks... or even performs the check at all beyond visually. Who is going to sit there and perform a physical on 24 footballs when nobody is watching and they're by themselves and getting ready for a championship game watched by the world? Only 1 referee performs that check.

7. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Why does Brady decide to wear that stupid hat with the pom-pom for the press conference? Was it cold in the room? Seriously. What a moron.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

it makes him look innocent?

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The film is named Austin Powers in Goldmember.

As long as you're being "very meticulous"...

10. The Waterboy

Veteran Referees like Walt Anderson make approximately $205,000 a year. Most people making $200K a year are going to make sure they do their job correctly so they do not lose that job. I doubt taking a pressure gauge to the balls is that big an imposition to the referee to risk losing a very well paying job. Of course if you are a Patriots fan common sense does not come into play.

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I've been drinking.

Read the fine print.

_

12. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

Something has to happen after today's mess. I'm thinking/hoping: the Patriots lose their 1st round pick and Belichick is suspended for a year.

13. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Rodgers over inflates the footballs and sometimes they would remove air. That means sometimes they wouldn't which means 1 of 2 things. They didn't check or they didn't care.

14. SteveGrogan

Common sense is that he's paid so much he of course checks? WTF?

I'm sad you're not my boss.

15. SteveGrogan

By the way... if this all turns out to be because the refs didn't check and because of such and their Super Bowl was ruined because of a quick to judge media and public sick of looking at them... that would suck.

As it is I have no idea how they aren't going to get the doors blown off them. They have cell phones and their wives and shit are probably going nuts watching the tv... so Jets fans at the very least you get that ounce of flesh from us... more to come.

16. The Waterboy

Yes, common sense that most well paid individuals do their job correctly so that they keep their well paid jobs.

17. The Waterboy

18. The Waterboy

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Cheating in the NFL is as American as apple pie. Why do you think all coaches on the sidelines cover their mouths when talking. Because they don't trust anyone. They think their opponents hire lip readers who watch them with binoculars and try to to see what they're saying. Pretty paranoid but every team does it. Especially when they play the Patriots.

20. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Spygate - Wikipedia (LINK):

Matt Walsh, a former Patriots employee who was with the team in 2001 as a video assistant and was fired after the 2002 season, which he spent as a scouting assistant, indicated in the days before Super Bowl XLII that he had information regarding the Patriots' actions but had not yet divulged it: "If I had a reason to want to go public or tell a story, I could have done it before this even broke," he said. "I could have said everything rather than having [New York Jets head coach Eric] Mangini be the one to bring it out."[35] Walsh claimed he was bound by a confidentiality agreement he signed with the Patriots,[36] while Walsh had not been contacted by the Patriots or the NFL until after both The New York Times and ESPN published quotes from him on February 1, 2008, he said that he was contacted by media outlets following the September 2007 incident, but had sought legal advice to "protect him and his family."[4] The Patriots later denied that such a confidentiality arrangement existed.[37]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.