Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

LINK - Patriots never taped walkthrough, Goodell finds

Former Patriots employee Matt Walsh met with National Football League commissioner Roger Goodell for more than three hours at league headquarters, and Goodell said afterward that no new corroborated information was revealed about the team's videotaping procedures. In addition, Goodell found no evidence that the St. Louis Rams' walkthrough practice before Super Bowl XXXVI was filmed by the Patriots, as the Boston Herald reported Feb. 2, citing an anonymous source.

"We were able to verify that there was no Rams walkthrough tape," Goodell said. "No one asked him to tape the walkthrough. He's not aware of anybody else who may have taped the walkthrough. He had not seen such a tape. He does not know of anybody who says there is a tape."

----------------

Again, I don't believe him because he destroyed the evidence. But to suggest the Rams' Super Bowl was not a part of Spygate is one part laughable and one part pathological.

2. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Keep going, this is getting good. Start by researching spygate and dates, etc. You'll eventually get it, bud.

3. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Good point. That would be the smart way to go.

4. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

But Cheaters fans think he is the enemy of them and that he always sides with the Jets.

5. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Florio has been nothing short of National Inquirer during this entire thing. He said he was told they were checked... then he included that meant the pressure was what it was. But who checked? How did they check? How did the refs say they couldn't tell the difference then?

Like I said if they did it they did it... but so far... I so no evidence of that.

6. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Yeah I see no evidence Goodell loves the Patriots. I can't imagine it's good for him to have anything but parity.

7. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

It's a shame that You're don't possess the intelligence or knowledge to better man on the boat. Your team cheated... you should just embrace it at this point .

8. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

Yup. Him hanging out with Krafty Kraft shows that nothing is going on between them.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Damn man just admit your team bends the NFL rules - Bill Belichick passing the blame on to Brady was absolutely genius.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

11. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

He said the Rams walk through was part of the Spygate investigation. I'm just waiting for him to realize he has no idea what he's talking about.

12. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

For me at least, and others I assume, it's less about the cheating itself and more about the attitude. Kraft at the helm, but all the others down to Harrison and Bruschi, going on and on about "the patriot way" and acting like they are an organization of boy scouts winning 'the proper way" so arrogantly while sounding like a bunch of assholes and allegations of cheating and evidence of gamesmanship pile up. I turn to hockey and the old Philadelphia Flyers, they were dirty they were violent and they owned it. The broad Street Bullies knew who they were and made no attempts to hide it. If Kraft would drop the holier then though attitude and admit he believes in win at all costs, as Al Davis readily did, I would gain a ton of respect and would drop a significant amount of my animosity towards the Pats. Camera's caught BB after a jets game saying "37 points on the best d in the league, suck my dick." Undeniably this is the attitude within the pats organization, just own it.

Chutzpah and Axel3419 like this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah you are right on that, he's way off on his time-line.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What fucking evidence are you waiting for? Peter King the patriots ball washer reported that the league verified the balls were properly inspected prior to the game.

here is a video that describes the process.
    http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/22/deflategate-video-how-nfl-officials-check-game-ball-pressure/

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Mark Brunell, Troy Aikman, Hines Ward, Jerome Bettis, Jerry Rice, Mike Pierrera and John Madden are a bunch of asshurt haterz.

16. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't know how Belichick gets his jollies. He was probably just another little jerk in school who when the teacher left the class room did all kinds of mischievous shit and then when caught red handed said he didn't do it. I can see him getting interviewed by Goodell. And behind his back making silly stupid faces. Grow up bro!

18. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I get that fans can be pretty blind to things but I cannot fathom how Pats fans can look at objective facts and just dismiss them.
    Fact: They were found guilty of taping other teams and stealing signals and were punished as a result. This is considered against the rules and therefore is cheating.
    Fact: 11 of the 12 balls were measured to be below the league's mandated specifications. As has been reported they were marked by the referee which implies one of two things 1) the ref was bribed (and the only thing that makes sense is someone in the Patriots organization bribed him: how else would they know how Brady wanted the balls or what motivation would they have) or 2) the Pats themselves deflated the balls after they had been tested. Either of these possibilities are against the rules and therefore is cheating.
    Fact: Brady said previously on a radio interview that her prefers under-inflated balls...how can he say he prefers under inflated balls and then say that he didn't realize that the balls were under-inflated? It makes no sense, so his press conference chatter about not noticing the difference is clearly a lie.

The facts speak for themselves. You have an organization with a history of cheating, you have a QB who's statements contradict themselves and prove he's lying, you have a guy in BB who is so involved in the rules of the game that he finds these little rules to exploit that are legal (unethical, perhaps, but legal) but states he doesn't know the procedure for the game balls and what PSI level the balls should be at (despite also stating in a previous interview that he intentionally practices with over-inflated balls specifically because they are harder to play with therefore indicating he would know that playing with under-inflated balls would be easier to play with).

It would be like if you went away for six months and when you came home your wife/gf was 4 months pregnant but swears she didn't cheat and you just sat there like "well, I didn't SEE her cheat and she SAYS she didn't cheat so it must just be a miracle or something."

Geno007 and Axel3419 like this.
  19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It is quite amusing listening to the Patriot fan bullshit.

I kept going on the Pats forum to read it, but it is awesome having it right here now :)

Makes my life easier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.