Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Well I mean it's been nice... but I don't play football anymore I'm just a fat fuck on the sofa stuffing my face thinking they hear me so there's not much to gloat about.

Honestly I'm not a team super fan but I'm one of those people that rewinds the tape and yells at the TV about bad camera angles ... I like to watch games as if I'm still coaching high school... so I keep going over it and over it. I appreciate good football no matter what team is playing.

And by good football I mean just about anything but the wildcat (sorry tony sparano) or even the read option.

2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Bellichick needs to go away for a year. And Brady should probably face a suspension as well, he knew the balls were doctored, had to have.

But the league will try and brush this off as no big deal.

The Patriots do what the Patriots always do. They cheat. That's the Patriot way.

3. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

I'd be shocked if he could really tell without going out of his way to test it, only way to tell is to squeeze the shit out of it. Anything over 10PSI is going to feel rock hard. A really hard squeeze, particularly with 2 hands you could probably tell, but just holding it and most normal football moves you don't put enough pressure on the ball to compress it.

4. SteveGrogan

The ref never noticed.

5. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Explain, if you can.

6. New England Patriots

Explain, if you can.

Edit: I'd say you were being intellectually dishonest, but that would be giving you far too much credit. You don't like fact, you are an insular Nebraskan.

7. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

You can tell if you grip the ball. There is a difference. If you can't tell, then how did this thing get started? The Colts equipment manager just randomly decided to check the pressure of the football? If you can't tell, why does Brady like it right at the league minimum? It is only 1 pound difference to league max. The ball was deflated 2 pounds below. It was done on purpose for a reason.

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So cheating is no big deal? What is the limit of how much a team is allowed to cheat?
    I don't want to hear "they would have won anyway" because that has absolutely nothing to do with cheating. The cheating itself is the only issue.

9. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

oh wow a Nebraska joke

that really stung

10. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Why are you here... shouldn't you be claiming victory with all those other morons at Patsfans.com?

11. The Waterboy

So now it didn't happen.
    [​IMG]

12. New England Patriots

Let's imagine there was an island, with no education. They thought that the sun was going to come crashing down to the earth. A man in a boat comes ashore. On his island, they understand that the sun isn't going to come crashing down. Shouldn't he educate the uneducated? Or should he let them cower in fear?

Consider me the man on the boat. I'm here to help you. Embrace it.

13. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

You said Spygate had absolutely nothing to do with the Rams Super Bowl. And that is demonstrably false (as you know) because it was clearly part of the investigation. Yes, the Goodell said there was no evidence the Patriots taped the Rams practice; no, I do not believe him; yes, the evidence was destroyed by Goodell so no one else would ever know what was on those tapes.

Don't worry, nobody is going to get suspended. Everyone knows the Goodell (not to mention, Belichick) has zero integrity.

14. The Waterboy

It could be the league is talking to all the underlings first and then they will work their way up the ladder. This could give them information to possible catch someone being untruthful.

15. New England Patriots

Also, Patsfans.com is down. Celebration overload, apparently. To be fair, we haven't been allowed to celebrate the AFCCG.

16. New England Patriots

The Rams walk through had nothing to do with Spygate. But please keep going. Your ignorance is entertaining.

17. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

are you gonna change us with the patriot way?

18. New England Patriots

More than likely, I'll just come with a few snarky statements here and there and correct the tinfoil hats.

19. SteveGrogan

As a football person, the spy gate stuff is pretty small. I'm embarrassed that my team did it... but if another team did it I wouldn't think much of it at all.

20. The Waterboy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-properly-checked-before-colts-patriots-game/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.