Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel

Angel Member

If anyone knew the balls were deflated it was Brady, several QB's have spoken out about how this was a big advantage for Brady and the whole pats O especially in bad weather. It looks like the Cheaters have been doing this for a long time, of course Brady's lying like a rug about it.

2. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

Does anyone really think that anything other than a slap on the wrist will come out of this for the Pats? My gut is telling me that.

3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I like the part where they are accounting for the physics of it. "Well if the ball was in an 80 degree room when they were filled..." BS. All of a sudden half he board has a PhD on the subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Any Patriot who touched the ball should be disqualified from the SB. That way they can still play against the Seahawks. Bet that would send a message about cheating because a $500,000 fine didn't do the trick.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Originally I thought that too, not any longer. If the NFL really is as angry as we hear and with the fact that every big news organization is now all over this I am beginning to think that Goodell has no choice but to come down hard on them especially with them being repeat offenders.

6. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

This.

7. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

So strange we're not hearing anything... which sucks because I need to know if I'm to defend my team against unwarranted allegations or be wholly embarrassed by them for doing something so incredibly stupid. Altering footballs AFTER the fact... that's messed up. I'm basically still with them if there's any other explanation - but if that's it - then they deserve whatever they get.

Nothing like living on the edge.

8. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

I was so looking forward to this Super Bowl. Now, I don't care. The interminable pre-game hype will be all about deflation. I hope these guys are proud of themselves.

9. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

There needs to be serious action because this the second proven rules violation by the same staff. They came down like no tomorrow on the saints for the pay for taking players out.
    This to me is more serious because the saints never cheated for a competitive advantage.

Fines suspensions and lose of Draft picks
    thus needs to be media driven to get the correct action.

FlaJet likes this.
  10. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

Ehh. I would be very surprised if they go bigger than a small fine.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Kind of feel bad for Pats fans who stuck with the team in the tough times way back when. When the Pats were up and coming winning their SBs, they were known as the TEAM that played the right way, nobody put themselves ahead the team, etc. At least fans and the league embraced that.

Now they have go through Bill pushing rules and boundaries and getting caught twice for reasons that really aren't clear. I think he's just ultra competitive and pushes every boundary he can knowing he can't be banned from league and that it will likely result in a fine. There is no clear reason for the Pats to do it, Bill already is an amazing coach and TB an amazing QB. Their legacy was cemented after winning 3 SB in 4 years, the rest has been gravy.

But to do this just puts a bad light (whether you agree there was na impact or not) on the game and the Patriots.

Oh well, I'm sure Bill has done many other things which haven't been caught, would be very interested to read a tell all book from him down the road. I don't for a second buy he had no idea about this. It was probably his idea, he's a football genius. Just needs to a better job not getting caught if anything.

12. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

To those sweeping this under the rug, advantage or disadvantage its against the integrity/rules of the game.
    I'm not a nascar fan but i know restrictor plates are strict in enforcing an even race.
    Goodell, Kraft and Bellichek are turning our game into WWE

Chutzpah likes this.
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Oh jesus, stop with the fucking drama, its a football game for fucks sake. The real problem for most of you meathead Massholes is you've never experienced any real success of your own in life that you have to live vicariously through a football team made up of people from somewhere else. You really think the Patriots are so good because of core Yankee values like thrift, ingenuity and hard work? Give me a fucking break already. The team you root for may or may not be as good as you think they are, it says nothing at all about you.

The only thing you have in common with the team you root for is that your balls are sadly lacking.

14. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Good opposing fans I respect thanks for your thoughts.

IDFjet likes this.
  15. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Salary cap reduction, lost of multiple high draft picks and a year suspension for Bellichek . Any less than this is a travesty to football.

This is their second offence, you have to throw the book at them.

16. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

See that's the thing... I think they're every bit as good as advertised. I don't think the ball or spy gate thing even together add up to something that speaks to how good the team is. I just think it's clearly breaking rules so it is what it is.

While I appreciate the synopsis of my life you gave I grew up in CT and live in CA, I do very well in my private life as a VP of an organization and part owner of the company. I played college ball in CT and had a teammate get 3 rings as a starter with the Patriots. (O-line)

I like this board because the Jets doesn't have any bandwagon fans, and there are some excellent conversations going on in here about people who actually care about and like the game of football. I love my Patriots but I love the X's and O's of football in general more. I also loved Rex... and in general it's harder to be a Jets fan than it is to be a Patriots fan... so I've got a little more respect for Jets fans than most.

But again, I just love the game of football - I'd be watching any two teams in it right now... and breaking down the game in my head.

IDFjet likes this.
  17. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

no each team uses their own balls

18. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Think the penalty should be huge...huge. Forget about being a Jet fan...screw that. I mean..enough is enough. THIS TOTAL BULLSHIT about who cares..they beat the piss out of them. Thats like saying the guy that robbed the bank only took quarters. The point is that they were concerned enough BEFORE THE GAME that they chose to do this. Whether it helped...whether they beat them 100 to nothing is all bullshit.

The point is they are the only team that thinks they are above the rules. This bullshit that everyone does something..well breaking news..the Pats are the only team that ever gets caught and God knows what they actually get away with.

Thats the key..what the fuck have they gotten away with? For them to be that ballzy after spygate to do THIS? That tells me they have succeeded since. I mean..taking air out of balls? You have balls that big to try this?

The Pats think they are above the game and a trapped Godell after this past year where he has been reamed up the ass? The penalty will even blow us Jet fans away...fully confident of that. I think the NFL is at the point where they have to do something that even the Pats will take notice of.

Up until now? That Pats seemed unimpressed with previous penalties. Blow them out of the water.

19. Dierking

Thanks for your resume. Very impressive.

Yet it doesn't explain how you became so emotionally fragile that your investment in rooting for the Patriots has led you to your current existential crisis. That should not happen to successful well adjusted adults.

The Jets have plenty of bandwagon fans, its just that the wagon never gets very far for very long, so they aren't as noticeable to you. Same as any franchise. I'd imagine the rough proportions are similar factoring the teams' relative success.

IDFjet likes this.
  20. Dierking

The league isn't going to penalize them in any way that will affect the Super Bowl as its played in a week and a half, unless they find dead bodies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.