Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

he was totally in the know.
    that's what makes his smug as fake laughing on the radio even more irritating. he was trying to dismiss it as ridiculous, yet he was fully onboard. his arrogance has gone to the point of cheating AND lying......much like his mentor.

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Can we also close the book on the whole Bill Belichick quitting the Jets from day 1 as a blunder for our team? I am soooo glad he didn't stay here and what kind of cheating would be associated with this team.

Chutzpah and JetsVilma28 like this.
  3. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Deniability is fun.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Interesting thing is, a lot of fans from different boards are pretty mad at this. If it is any indicator, football world is fed up with Bellichick's shenanigans. It might be end of the road for Bellichick for at least a year. And who knows how Brady will look like once Bellichick comes back.

The question for me is this, will NFL allow Pats to play in the Superbowl? Anything less is a disgrace.

Not the same incident but in Italy Juventus and Milan, the two biggest clubs in Italy and top 10 clubs in Europe had some illegalities. Italian Football Federation relegated Juventus to Second League and stripped their 2 championships. As for Milan, they deducted points from them so they couldn't be the champions next year.

Similar thing happened in France and one of the biggest French clubs Marseilles experienced a similar thing. Same thing in Greece and other countries. Let's see if NFL will act in favor of justice or will they reward the cheaters.

Elwood125 likes this.
  5. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

I'm a Patriots fan. Have been since I was a kid. I can't believe I'm saying this...

This latest episode is an example of cheating. If I could use an analogy, imagine a successful baseball team. It is discovered at the end of the season that the team has been using compressed-wood bats. Not one rogue batter, but the whole team. No matter how gifted or capable the athletes may be, those bats are illegal in the MLB, and definitely help hitting performance. This wouldn't be an "asterisk." It would cause you to lose respect for everything the team has done for that season.

Jackie McMullan wrote a scathing column about this on espn. Like me, she blew off Spygate, but if what they're saying is correct about the game balls, this is an unmitigated, indefensible disgrace.

This is as low as I've ever felt as a Pats fan. Worse than the Tyree helmet-catch... because no matter how bad the loss was, it was only a game, and there's always next year. What's ahead for my team next year? What new horror awaits its fans?

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Welcome to TGG, stick around. I also had a Tunamelt for lunch today, excellent screenname.

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You look like a good dude. Not that we don't have some good Pats fan posters here. But good dude indeed. Write more on this board.

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

9. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Could it be that Brady likes to throw an under inflated ball and has been doing so for many years? This would mean that the Pats have been doctoring the balls that they use in games for quite some time and it really has nothing to do with the weather.

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

He must of have known. The balls were easy for him to grip and he likes them loose.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

11. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Your post was really good, but this made me LOL

13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Why is it academic now? That the backup balls all tested at regs is more evidence that it is not a natural phenomenon and it argues against the "hot air" theory.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm amazed the teams even have an opportunity to fuck with the balls.

I've worked dozens of boxing events. My responsibilities included shepherding the gloves that were used in bouts. Laws vary between states and commissions, but it is a fairly well regulated process...and the bigger the fight, the more it's controlled.

The NFL needs to figure out a better procedure on how to handle game balls, and I bet they will after this.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Yes, because they have cameras watching the ball boy for all that intense between play action.

17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

haha--It occurs to me that a team of NFL officials are scrutinizing every camera angle taken to see if they can detect someone fucking with the balls.

18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

What a disgrace to the game. Act like this hasn't been going on all season or multiple seasons.

19. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

That's a really good point. Those balls are all kept outside during the game as well (by the replay booth). The "weather" argument has always been a red herring, though.

20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

How is anyone taking this Super Bowl serious now? How many games did the Pats do this to their balls in the regular season? Ravens def got screwed, twice even now.

Heads better roll in foxboro, disgrace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.