Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Shiiiieettt...BB should not even make the Hall of Fame if this is legit

BigSnacks54 likes this.
  2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Apparently, the DB told the coach, the coach called the GM via the headsets, the GM contacted the NFL's Director of Officials, who called the game officials at halftime, and that's when the first ball was checked.

RuJFan and irishwhip03 like this.
  3. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

this is what they get for filing tampering charges. what goes around comes around

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Twitter reaction:

@LakeRussert
    So Belichick has spied on his opponent, deflated game balls to his advantage & allegedly told his murder suspect TE to rent a safe house.

@BobKravitz
    Pats fans: give up the fantasy. Your brilliant head coach is also a cheat. 11 of 12 balls deflated. Must be the ball boys fault right?

@JoeReedy
    If Sean Peyton got one year for Bountygate, how much does Belichick get for now two incidents of cheating?

@BradPanovich
    Every 10° drop in temperature means about 1 psi drop in inflation. It was 52° at game time. Temperature not the issue. #DeflateGate

5. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

The temperature arguement is the funniest one. Weird how this was never the problem in Lambeau when its -5 lol.

6. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Investigation will find out for us.

What? Start with P's..... are you making excuses out of your ass?

Umm.... because the QB can't like his ball deflated and easy to grip

SO for all we know, Tom Brady has been cheating for years and is not nearly the QB we all thought he was?

The teams cheated out of wins.

Stand by your shitty team no matter how much they cheat, blindly defend them, what a tool.

I know he will never see this, whoever posted this mess of a defense statement, but I can't believe someone could be so ignorantly clueless like this as to claim it doesn't matter how inflated the ball is, it's up to the QB's preference, then to claim Brady has been doing it for years, like that was a good thing and a valid defense. If it turns out Brady/BB/Cheatriots have been doing it for years, Brady's legacy goes bye-bye.

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath. Roger will find a way.

If all else fails, ESPN led by devoted Jets "fan" Greenie will make sure this is not mentioned.

8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

All you need to know about Bellicheck is what one of the most respected coaches in NFL history calls him, Don Shula refers to him as a cheater.

TNJet likes this.
  9. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Don Shula is respected? That would be news to me. All I remember about Shula is he was a an asshole who intentionally had them not cover the field in a torrential downpour before the AFC championship game against the Jets in 82 so the field would be slop. He's also the guy who routinely had his team huddle with more than the allowed 11 men to confuse defenses.

Not saying Bellichek isn't an asshole too, but Don Shula is a clown who has long hated Bellichek for breaking his records.

10. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

11. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

If the balls are measured indoor at room temperature 2 hours before the game then it is potentially a cause. Room temp is ~69 to 72 degrees, kickoff was 52, halftime was around 40 I believe. Temperature plus gameplay could very well explain it. Room temps to gametime temps are calculated to be exactly the amount the balls tested were below the legal limit.

Another possible cause is that the balls were inflated with hot air, which would read a higher PSI and lower as it cools. I'm not even close to a physics expert, but the internet has informed me that balls inflated with ~95º air that cooled to air temps would result in a 1.5 PSI decrease. (Legal min is 12.5PSI, balls tested were at 11PSI)

Rules do not state that hot air cannot be used to inflate the ball. Another case of bending without breaking.

Also misleading, this was an expected bad weather game, it is not 11 of 12 balls, for outdoor poor weather 24 are allowed per team.

Edit: You all know I'm a Pats fan, but I'm also a fan of letting the investigation play out.

The ONLY information leaked is by an outlet that is frequently anti-Patriots (ESPN) and states that 11 balls (out of a potential 24) were found to be 1.5 PSI under legal limits at half time.

This is an incomplete investigation and jumping to conclusions before it is completed is naive.

I only posted this to provide possible explanations, this isn't homerism, it's being responsible and not accepting incomplete information as facts, which I hope everyone else also does. Otherwise it is clear bias.

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Nothing will happen to the Patriots because Goodell is in their back pocket. They will say that a process will be developed next year to better check the balls and that penalties will be decided upon by a special panel. Bellicheat will get a warning and the equipment manager will be fired and given a very nice cash lump sum for his troubles.

SSDD.

14. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the Colts balls be that way also?

NY Jets68 likes this.
  15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

11 of 12 is no mistake or coincidence. Pats will always br remembered as cheaters.

16. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I hope seatle nukes them.

17. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

They should give Brady a one year ban and make BB coach a Brady less team. We all know BB hasn't done shit without Brady.

TNJet likes this.
  18. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

19. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Shula was the Belichek of his day.

20. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

BSPN is regurgitating talking points from Pats forum. Shocking ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.