Did Atlanta make a smart move?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Section 336, Jan 14, 2015.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Rex would have been a good fit in Atlanta. While Matt Ryan isn't the greatest, he's still a good QB... something that Rex has never had.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The Bills will get in the playoffs next season. Denver will drop off, there will be a 7th playoff seed also. Bills get in next year. They will have a dominate unit on defense, perhaps semi-seattle East. (Did you see what they did to Rodgers about a month or two ago? God damn, that was arguably better than what Seattle did to Peyton in the Super Bowl)

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ive come around on Ryan, I think he is a solid QB, fully capable of being on a championship team. Their offense has not been the problem, and he consistently shows up imo).

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Can't count Denver out until Peyton decides what he's doing. If Peyton comes back, they still make the playoffs.

He tends to have a lot of poor outings in away games. Atlanta in the past few years (ok, maybe not the past two where they've just sucked) have been consistently great at home and not so much on the road. He's 39-15 at home and 27-29 on the road. Completion % is 66.8 at home and 61.8 on the road. 36 interceptions in 54 games at home, 55 interceptions in 56 games on the road.

#44 LeonNYJ, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Possibly, the roster is going to take a step back though.

TBH though I think Denver is considering releasing him, Oisweiler already stated he is leaving if he doesnt get to play, the roster is going to take a step back. Julius and Demaryius are both free agents, Welker probably is going to retire...... I know Elway wants to stay loyal but he knows this is over, they are not winning any championship.

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Now that sounds like a juvenile response.

I'm not stupid! I got a 100 on my spelling test... so there!

joe likes this.
  7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You obviously don't read your own posts asshole

joe and JetBlue like this.
  8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I never said they definitely didn't want him. I was stating to those on here who apparently have crysal balls and somehow know for a fact that Atlanta wanted him, that you can't say a team definitely wants someone until they offer him the job. You can't assume that because they supposedly wanted him for a 2nd interview(which they never scheduled) they wanted him.

If you weren't such a stupid asshole you might work on your reading comprehension.

9. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

lol I'm starting to like you.

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yet you couldn't even get into a police academy in Texas?

_

joe likes this.
  11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

LOL.

_

12. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

I hope so, my inlaws are huge bronco's fans and I am sick and tired of hearing about how "great" and "super bowl bound" they are.

If Manning does leave, it may prompt a fire sale in Denver and we may get lucky and snatch Rahim moore from them... fingers crossed.

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I'm not sold that they are gonna expand the playoffs next season, I feel like they should because to many winning teams miss the playoffs and then you have what happend this year a losing team gets rewared while the 10-6 Eagles don't get in.I hope they do it it will give the Jets a better chance at getting in

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I will be very surprised if they don't add another WC team this season.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

They have enough teams in the playoffs. They should just add a condition that a team has to win more games than it loses to make the playoffs with a division winner falling short replaced by the team with the most wins not in the playoffs. If less than 6 teams win more games than they lose in a conference (an unlikely but possible event that has occurred at least once in the NFC in 2004) then start adding extra teams from the other conference. 8-8 or worse playoff teams are a mistake and a clear indicator that the NFL is already too diluted in terms of overall talent.

16. nyjunc

I hate to see them expand but it's about $$$$. Now they will have 6 games WC weekend(likely including one Monday Night game) instead of 4. There's no way they don't expand at some point.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You don't think Rex's agent did his job when he got the buffalo offer and called Atlanta to see if they were interested in matching it?

He'd be the most hapless, incompetent agent in sports if he didn't. And if he did, what answer do you think he got from Atlanta in their interest if Rex signed with the Bills?

18. JetBlue

No, the division winners have to stay or there is no reason to even have divisions. What they need to do is seed all the teams by record not by division winners. If a wild card has a better record than a division winner they should get the home game.

19. nyjunc

Sure, doesn't mean Atl didn't want him. Clearly they were very interested bringing him back. Buffalo just wanted him more.

you don't think Atl wanted Bowles either? we beat them to him.

20. JetBlue

I don't know if they wanted Bowles or not. But it is your contention that they wanted Rex, but not really that much if they weren't willing to match an offer. How much did they really want him if that's the case ?