For all the Rex haters, Now that he's gone...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I understand your point, but there is some logic to the idea he might do better in a different environment. A team like Atlanta could be a much better fit for him. He would not have to develop a Qb, or even have all that much overall to do with the O. Meanwhile Atlanta is desperate to have an improved D, which is holding them back.

It might work for him there.

Even Oakland has a better Qb prospect, so while that is not as good a situation for him as Atlanta is, it could work.

The two deals I think he would be a poor fit for are, for different reasons, are the Bills and Niners. Niners have to decide if Kaepernick's now lower level of effectiveness is adequate going forward. and the Bills have a complete mess of a situation with Manuel benched for most of last year, Orton not coming back, and no relief at Qb in the pipeline. Just the place you don't want to depend on Rex Ryan figuring out what to do at Qb.

freemantoon and 94Abraham like this.
  2. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Sometimes change of scenery s good.. Not so much wishful thinking. I'm sure in life you switched jobs and your new employer always gets the benefits of your past errors, you usually don't make them again.

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

for me its not so much about Rex love its more about finding the hater comments just so ridiculously overblown that they provoke a response - if people just said "Rex wasn't a great HC" then, yeah, I would agree he wasn't great, if they said he had issues with clock management, then yeah he did, if they say he leaned to much on vets, again I would say that is true, if they said he didn't focus enough on the offense then that is 100% true - but the haters on here try to paint him as one of the worst human beings ever to have lived.

the first two years of Rex's tenure was pretty much the only time I have really enjoyed being a fan of the Jets and felt proud of the team that I can remember.

chris5533 likes this.
  4. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

That's if he actually hires a good OC which he wasn't able to do at all for us

5. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Reports are he's pairing up with Trestman as a HC/OC package like Quinn and Shanahan...Watch out Rex haters..

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I like Trestman, he has a bad rep. right now because of last season but in 2013 he was able to win games with McCown, and came one Aaron Rodgers 4th all time great play away from making the playoffs.

If they can end up in Atlanta it would be perfect, that offense doesnt even need a great coordinator anyway, just throw the damn ball.

7. FastEdbo

FastEdbo Member

Good afternoon Jets fans! This was just the thread I was looking for as I've kind of been on the fence in my decision as to wanting Rex Ryan or someone else being hired for the current opening. First I'll share some of our common ground and share with you where I currently stand.

As a lifelong Falcons fan, I can 'almost' share so much long term grief as many of you lifelong Jets fans have become used to over the years since winning your Super Bowl some 45+ years ago that Joe Namath guaranteed (I'm a Bama fan - really liked "Broadway" Joe). Much like you, we sent our HC packing because of a lack of recent success. Just two years ago we missed a shot at going to the Super Bowl in 2012 after a missed holding/interference call against Roddy White helped put the 49ers into the promised land. Of course we all kind of saw a pathetic defense that gave away a ten point halftime lead and an offense that could not run the ball.

Over the past two years, our OL got worse and we dealt with injury after injury and the defense got even worse despite "Smitty" (our HC) having been a pretty decent DC before being hired as a HC and even with Mike Nolan who was a supposed defensive 'mastermind' hired after that 2012 season to fix our defense. This past season, I saw our defense actually playing some good ball and went to New Orleans and literally owned Drew Brees in a 'must win' game to keep our playoff hopes alive and with a win like that, you had to really like our chances at HOME versus a Panthers team that we had already beaten at their home. Of course that game was and still is a major embarrassment in Falcons' history. None of the players were motivated and were beaten before the start of the game. Smitty, not that he was a bad coach, simply had to go.

I'm not upset that Smitty was fired, especially after quite a few games lost due to clock/time mismanagement, lackluster play calling with a lead, and not having the balls to suck it up and go for broke on 4th and less than a yard and let's not get into the pitiful play in the Red Zone and mostly, that defense we fielded. I can go on and on, but I also did respect the guy. He did stop the bleeding after the year of Mike Vick's getting busted with the dog fighting and having a piece of shit, coward of a coach, Bobby Petrino, leaving out in the middle of a night after a MNF loss to the Saints and squealing like Ned Beatty from the movie "Deliverance" the next morning in Arkansas being announced as their new head coach. Such was the worst and lowest time to ever consider one-self a "Falcons Fan".

After reading many interesting posts in this thread, many pro-Rex and many that are probably as colorful against the man, I do think that Rex can come to Atlanta and do some really good things being that we do have some good and decent core players to work with. The best being the core of the offense. It does need a good RB, TE and maybe a couple of OL positions filled but it is solid at QB and WR. A decent draft class might help there. Defensively, we have a good CB in Trufant, not a Revis Island but can hold his own. There is talent at Safety but the LB and DL need some heavy attention and I believe Rex can get this fixed quickly with FA acquisitions. I honestly believe we have the best team in the weak NFC South and with what Rex is capable of, can have one of the best teams in the NFC in one season. Given the right OC and Rex re-tooling the "D" for success, there's no reason we couldn't compete with Seattle or any other top NFC team to punch our ticket into the Super Bowl next year. And believe me, after so many years of mediocrity, I am hungry for a Goddamm Sandwich... that sandwich being a Lombardi Trophy before I die!

Good luck on your HC hire this season. I'll be rooting for you guys as I have for years as well next season.

chris5533 likes this.
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

rex would improve your defense. good luck with the rest.

slimjasi likes this.
  9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

If you guys hire Rex you will win a Superbowl or atleast be in one in the next two years.You have the talent on offense and he will turn your defense around in a hurry ,I'm a big Rex fan if he went to back to back AFC title games with Sanchez he should be able to kill it with Matt Ryan and company

Royal Tee and chris5533 like this.
  10. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

you think rex is goin to buffalo? 2nd interview.

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

if he does he is nuts - their QB position is no better than ours and its pretty much impossible to create a good QB, you either need to walk into a situation where there is one or be in a position to draft one and hope it works - at Buffalo their is neither this year.

12. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

lol we were sayin.....

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I was saying it would be a terrible decision and if it comes true I will continue to think its a terrible decision until proven otherwise (which given who it is I hope never comes to pass)

14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I do not totally disagree with you, especially with the OC's in his tenure. Schotty being the best which he inherited, so you have a point.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

but no rex supporters ever make these kinds of posts - no-one would say Rex was without his faults/problems when he clearly had/has a number - but it is the ridiculous "its all Rex's fault we suck" posts that provoke a response.

still, I am so underwhelmed by this move to the Bills that I can hardly be bothered to go back through the thread to quote all the people that declared that RR would never get another head coaching job anywhere in the league so as to prove how wrong they were o_O

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

For those who always wondered who Manishs source was it was obviously Rex even Boomer Essiasion pointed that out this am on the radio.I always thought it was Rex or Woody

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

That's odd, I always thought his source was his barbie dolls.

Royal Tee likes this.