For all the Rex haters, Now that he's gone...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Dec 31, 2014.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

+1,000,000

He is who we thought he was.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

IF Rex didn't want it, why did he allow it? Again, that's a fault he had, too much faith in coordinators. We dropped back 60 times against the Giants with out playoff hopes being impacted by that game in 2011. 60 times! If you don't want that as a HC, tell your OC not to do it

JetLifeLo likes this.
  3. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

Typical New Yorkers, can't pass up loving a line of bullsh*t, that's all Rex ever gave.

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

You can say Rex didnt no anything about offense but we have always had a solid running game under him for the most part.Our running game is trending up right now and I hope the new coach keeps it that way

2014-3rd overall in rushing
    2013-6th overall
    2012-12th overall
    2011-22nd overall
    2010-4th overall
    2009-1st overall

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I love how idiots try to revise history and act as if his first two years weren't successful because his last four were not.

Keep repeating your nonsense, maybe at some point you will convince yourself of it.

6. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I can't believe we actually had Shonn Greene as a featureback, terrible starter.

7. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

We don't have to. He's fired. And rightfully so.

8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Facts, idk how he let that go down, if he's calling the plays or not...the plays being called should still adby by Rex's philosophy.

9. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

What's with all the rex hate? Lol

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Actually you are doing it with your reply. I've said he deserved to be fired for the last four years but those years don't mean the first two didn't exist and the optimism after those first two years wasn't justified.

11. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

What with the Rex love

12. chris5533

Rex wasn't perfect... Anyone that feels he was a detriment to the organization is wrong... Rookie qbs, an inept gm.. Nobody could have done much better.. Looks more and more like he will get the Atlanta job.. So we'll see how he does there. In jet fashion losing rex will eventually go down as something we will regret . The only successful thing idzik was able to get done was ensuring rex firing... Idziks been a real hot commodity since he hit the open market. Lol glad we put the orginization future in his hands... My prediction sadly.. Rex wins a Super Bowl before the jets do.

Ralebird likes this.
  13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

It's the same mindset that believes if you can't win the Super Bowl then you need the first pick in the draft.

Teams that are consistently at the top of the draft board are consistently losers, rookies never change that. Winning is a culture and a mindset. Further, winning in the NFL is extremely difficult. The optimal scenario for any team is to be consistently knocking on the door of the Super Bowl, because it is only in this way that teams give themselves a real shot at walking away with the trophy, and even then nothing is guaranteed, as the Patriots can attest.

Rex failed to get us consistently in the playoffs, so it's fairly obvious why he's no longer with the team. But as you pointed out, to ignore the success because of the failure is, at best, disingenuous. At worst it is a loser mentality consistent with fans of loser organizations.

#253 xxedge72x, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  14. nyjetsknicks247

Rex deserves blame also th I don't hate on him like most people but he had his problems, pushing the dumbass wildcat was just one

15. chris5533

I like rex allot and am biased. But yes he had flaws, unfortunately for the jets he will learn from them.. Clock managment, not trusting coordinators so much, and he won't be as loyal to aging players... All fixable shit... That's what's gone be most frustrating, he will approach his new job and learn from the mistakes he made here

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

This is why getting the GM hire right is incredibly important right now. The Jets probably would have overcome Rex's faults with a better constructed team (over the past four years). It was too little too late with the dearth of talent the Jets ended up with at certain positions.

The GM is going to set the tone of the entire organization. I really hope Woody doesn't screw this up again.

chris5533 likes this.
  17. nyjetsknicks247

Maybe so but it was time to move on

18. chris5533

I agree. I think it's best for rex too.. I thought after they went 8/8 he should have resigned.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Regarding edge's post...

It's a critical move for Johnson. The subtext of his presser on firing Ryan and Idzik was that he's learned, knows he has to do better as an owner, and will. He's using a different approach than the last time. He knows he failed the last time. He knows he's got to do better, or will risk getting his reputation even more confirmed than it presently is.

I am not a Johnson fan, but I do think he's concerned about his legacy. Whether he will do a better job now pursuing a more positive standing as the Jets' owner remains to be seen, but I do think there's the possibility he can do better.

20. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

If he didnt learn anything in 6 years here, why all of a sudden is a new team going to magically change him? Wishful thinking....

freemantoon likes this.