For all the Rex haters, Now that he's gone...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

While the clown comment was great, I think he is a lock for the Falcons job. Arthur loved him back in 2008 and it appears he is going to make the decision to hire him as opposed to letting his GM make the call.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The hardest thing about Rex's tenure with the Jets was that he not only gave us hope for a short period but it was justified hope. The decline, though, from the success was steep and the loss of confidence in Rex is as justified and rational as the hope he once provided.

slimjasi likes this.
  3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I see. So what exactly is Marrone's bread and butter? I thought he was like a defensive guy

4. JetLifeLo

You serious ?? You think Rex wanted his roster to be thinner and thinner every year he was here? You think he wanted Revis traded? You think he wanted to let Keller, Landry, Cromartie, Cotchery, Braylon, Ellis, and everybody else that was gone after having their best years here gone?? Yeah right...you're just talking shit now. I don't use the championship games an excuse, my excuse for Rex is the shitty organization that was put around him. Rex is a classic old fashioned punch you in the mouth type coach. He believed in his strategy and it worked. The second he was asked to change, be more about the team and stop focusing on defense.."let the d.coord call the plays just coach the team" shit got worse. The second Tanne wanted to go all in for bum ass Nnamdi, and lost a grip of key players, shit got worse. Yeah let's blame Rex for Tanne's mistakes, left this team in a shit hole and asked IDZIK of all people to clean up the mess. What did idzik do? cut MORE of his players... granted b/c he had to but that's not helping rex. Why wasn't he given at least a vet QB, why just rookies? Hoodie is up in New England scrubbing Brady's feet. He's a "defensive guy" but even in his later super bowl runs he went into that game with a weak defense. Rex didn't ruin the team, he was the duct tape holding the busted pipes together.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  5. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Marrone has never held a coaching job on the defensive side of the ball from what I can think of..he was an o-line coach here and OC in New Orleans before going to Syracuse.

As much as Im against the idea of hiring a coordinator from the strong part of a really good team (Quinn, Bowles) Im even more against hiring a guy that mostly oversaw the weak side of the ball on a non-playoff team.

The Bills offense was no better than the Jets offense these last 2 seasons. For all the knocks on Rex about not being able to develop a QB, Marrone really didnt do anything positive with EJ Manuel either.

When I look at Marrone I see a coach that failed to develop his own QB and was outshined by his defensive coordinator during most of his tenure.

To hire him would be a move in the wrong direction.

BacktoQueens, chris5533 and JetLifeLo like this.
  6. JetLifeLo

Facts! That is one thing i cannot stand in bold.

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

fat chance Rex gets another HCing gig this year, which I find hard to believe, from all the rex homers who believe he is a genius lol

8. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Wow another "nothing is Rex's fault post" So dumb. So sadly dumb

9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Those guys were let go because we did not have a choice. We spent so much money in keeping our "core" players and adding the pieces that Rex wanted to shoot for the Super Bowl. When you give big contracts to veteran players and push the cap hit into the future you end up in cap hell with old, overpaid players making up a big chunk of your roster.

When we were winning, Rex wanted to ride the wave. He did not make the hard decisions to make us competitive over the long haul. Rex wanted more players to fill holes in his defense and he wanted them now. God forbid we lose one of his guys. We absolutley needed to keep Sanchez, Revis, Cro, Holmes, Brick, Mangold, Harris etc. at all costs. Tanny gave every one of those guys huge contracts to keep Rex's guys as long as he could. He even got Tebow for Rex's wildcat offense.

Remember when Revis held out? Rex went against his GM in the press and made it clear how badly he wanted Revis back. On hard knocks he was even joking about him being missing. Not exactly helping his front office in keeping a poker face.

When did Rex Ryan ever give any indication that he cared about saving any cap dollars for the future?

10. JetLifeLo

Don't you think it's a little unprofessional and weak to whine about your roster? That basically shits on the GM. Rex never made excuses, not the kind of guy he is. Rex really believed in his abilities as a coach so much that he felt keeping that confidence was necassary FOR THE TEAM TO BE CONFIDENT IN THEMSELVES. It worked until this year, we can all name single plays out of most of our losses that ruiend our chance at winning. We took a few ugly losses but mostly we fought TIL the end of every game. That's Rex's doings. After the 8-8 2013 he DESERVED a better roster. He could've been coach of the year despite not making the playoffs. That roster was a JOKE beyond belief, and he coached the hell out of it. You mean to tell me were not a playoff team if idzik spends that cash and fills those holes?

rohirrim665 likes this.
  11. JetLifeLo

did I lie about anything in the post though?

12. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I love rex.. There are things he did wrong And will learn from.

Terrible game managment.
    To much faith in his coordinators.
    Loyal to a fault with players.

His coaching style leans towarards a veteran team, he wasn't good at developing young talent. In the right situation you see how successful he can be.. I can't even imagen if rex ever had a decent qb, how much better he would have been. I think he will get another job and be very successful. I hope he holds out for the right one.. For him, he should be all in on the Falcons or be prepared to work in tv for a year.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  13. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Not to mention in 2011, Schotty all of the sudden decided to put the ball in the air all the time, with #6 behind center and Edwards/Cotchery replaced by Plaxico/DMason. LAUGHABLE! (Mostly on Tanny) Everything went to shit starting that year, but Sanchez putting the ball in the air more than ever without the weapons he had the previous two years was probably the most tale-tell sign that thing weren't right, and they never got right. Now here we are.

14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Dude, I think the vast majority of Rex supporters would admit that he has his faults. The point is that the front office was never on the same page, and it was as if they forgot who was coaching the team. It starts from the top, and after the first two years there was nothing cohesive about what the organization did. Rex definitely has his faults, but there are so many bad moves that were made that were PLAINLY not Rex's moves, and I'm sure were much to his ire.

15. JetLifeLo

FACTS...but lets not forget the most infamous Jet of the decade WAYNE HUNTER was getting #6 KILLED. #6 Had literally 2-3 seconds to throw, not to mention he had to wait for lazy ass Plax and Mason to get off the line... but yeah, Rex wanted that. He LOVED it. People kill me on here.

chris5533 likes this.
  16. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Sanchez was on the fence... Hunter ruined him. Worst to I have ever seen

JetLifeLo likes this.
  17. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Bottom line...

Rex got the most out of his players and was able to beat BOTH Manning and Brady on the road in the playoffs with Mark Sanchez as his QB.

18. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

Noooooo, all of the time!

19. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

Rex Ryan gave you, "Heaping Bowls of Bullsh*t"!

20. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Our drafts and free agent picks ups had Rex ALL over them. We go to two Championship ships all credit to Rex. We SUCK for 4 years no blame at all for Rex it is everyone else, GM, QB, OC GM#2, OC#2, QB#2, OC#3 all the reasons we sucked but nothing on Rex