For all the Rex haters, Now that he's gone...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Dec 31, 2014.

1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Funny some people still trying to deny the fact that Rex IS a good coach. I don't know many coaches that make super bowl teams out of shit rosters. In fact i don't know many that even make 8-8 teams out of shit rosters. But when y0u push that aside too, Give this man a decent QB, he almost went to the bowl WITHOUT one TWICE. Sanchez groupies, don't even comment (please). No way in hell is he a bad coach. Yeah he F'd up a few times, so what... he's human it happens. Regardless Rex is a fan favorite, you'll never see a "Boring" Rex Ryan team. IF he does go to ATL and is successful, people will start using the realistic roster/gm excuse for Rex, instead of saying he was a "lame duck"

chris5533 and Truth4U2 like this.
  2. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

For his sake I hope he doesn't,things won't get much better for him being in Buffalo there QB situation is as shitty as ours if not worse.But with that said our Games agianst them would be intense what a rivalry that would create,especially if we end up with "Plain Bagel" Marrone

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

JetLifeLo likes this.
  5. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

It almost seems likely that he ends up in Buffalo and becomes the reason that they get over the hump and into the playoffs.

It would complete the circle of the Jets helping out other teams in our division..first Belicheck bolts to New England , Pennington turns back the clock in Miami..why shouldn't we think that Rex goes to Buffalo and turns em into contenders?

6. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Lol Rex and Marrone have the same strengths. Why would buffalo want Rex.

7. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Without knowing much about Marrone I would think they are total opposites.

Schwartz was the mind behind Buffalo's D..so in that sense it wouldnt make much sense for them to hire Rex.

8. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

He is NOT on almost any level a good head coach. He is a good, but flawed DC, but as a HC he is very close to bottom barrel. Not only that but he is a worse coach than he was when he started. The he made it to the Championship game argument is SOOOOO lame. It completely ignores the last four years, in which this team has become more and more what Rex wants. He is a terrible head coach. Truth is we would have been a better team in 2009 and 2010 with a different head coach. Rex lovers are completely blinded to his VAST and crippling weaknesses as a head coach. None of the defenders actually point to anything he is actually good at except the responsibilites of the DC. Fuck Rex. So happy he can ruin some other team.

VaBchJet and 94Abraham like this.
  9. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

No true fan would ever say something like that. And it is the Rex supporters that are completely irrational. The Rex detractors actually are able to judge him by his merits not his charisma.

10. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

11. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

I think the people who are rooting for REX to go to Buffalo and beat the Jets twice a year should make the Bills or where ever REX goes their new favorite team.

Rex did some good things here, he also had a lot of bad traits. We lost 4 years in a row, and not once durring that time when the offense was struggling made any attempt to fix it. Our players always made stupid plays/penalties under him. No discipline/ the lunatics running the asylum.

What happens when he goes to the next job, and doesn't do as well? If you look at the history of coaches that leave us/ or fired their next job isn't as successful. Other then Bellacheat.

It's isnt a lock that Rex is going to win, and if he does have success he will most likely not sustain it. Especially if he has his fingerprints on who is drafted/ and free agents brought in.

#211 Jets1035, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    101GangGreen101 likes this.
  12. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So how much different / better was the team from 2008? unless you think adding Bart Scott and Jim Leonard made up for swapping Favre for Sanchez ;-)

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Who cares about Rex Ryan anymore??? I don't need know stinking daily updates, he's irrelevant now. Just another ex head coach. And to those that defend him, I could go on and on about his time management, lack of decisiveness, , penalty ridden undisciplined play, horrible coaching hires, putting rookies in Canton but I wont. All I can say is we did not beat the Steelers, the very average Steeler team in the Championship game because we were not ready. And douche bag is to blame since he was patting himself on the back all week for beating the Pats. I will never forgive him for not having our team ready to play till the 3rd quarter of a Championship game He will never ever win a super bowl!!!!!!!! "Cant Wait" to replace him. Good riddance

15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I have every confidence that we can go 4-12 without any help from Rex Ryan.

While I do not like the idea of yet another former Jets coach potentially poaching our free agents I hope Rex finds another job. That way we can see him succeed for a year or two with someone else's groceries before he blows all of his draft pick on defense and turns his new team into what the Jets were lats season.

pclfan likes this.
  16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I tend to disagree with your posts about 95% of the time. Or so it seems. This post makes me think 95% is probably about right, because you are so far off here it's not even F'ing funny.

Where to start? I suppose the irrational part. I can see that one can argue in balancing the pros and cons of Ryan's tenure, one can choose to emphasize the pros more than the cons, and say he should not have been fired. But do you deny there were ANY cons??? He was the perfect HC?

If you concede he was not perfect, then the analysis moves to just how obvious it should be that the pros outweighed the cons. Given that you must also acknowledge the Jets have overall gotten worse during his tenure, and you simply do not know the actual role Ryan played in that decline, it is mindboggling to me that you can call those who see it differently irrational. Having a difference of opinion about the pros v. cons given limited information is not a proper metric to apply the irrational label to. So that's for starters.

Next, who says one must hate Ryan to think he should be fired? I personally think he's a nice guy. He'd probably make a good next door neighbor. Come over to borrow my Arians, shoot the shit, no problem. Does that make him someone who deserved to be retained as HC? Not so much. Hate is not the measure here, either.

Next, no one here needs to feel that Ryan must fail at his next job in order to justify the decision to let him go. His next job may have different circumstances, different people he will be working with, and not just the players. In that different mix he may well do better. So? That doesn't mean he was going to do any better if he had been retained with the Jets. this should be obvious.

Next, you hope he takes the Bills job, and the net result is the Jets go 0-20 against them the next 10 years. really? Just to "show" the haters they are wrong? Okay, Michelle Ryan. You are not a Jet fan.

I rest my case.

JetBlue likes this.
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

LOL.... ok, I'll give you this one

James Hasty likes this.
  18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

except this isn't true, at all. there are plenty of factual things you can flame Rex about but this myth needs to end.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  19. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

It's been 10 days since Rex was fired. The JETS last HC Eric Mangini was hired by this time by the Browns, although that's not saying much. Just saying, if he is so great, and so sought after, why is he still on the street? Is there some rooney rule that has to be fulfilled first? In Rex's case we can call it the Clowney rule, he gets interviews so teams can fulfill that obligation.

Red Menace likes this.
  20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

has any new NFL HC been appointed as yet this year?