GM Candidates (Candidates Jets have requested Permission to interview)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 30, 2014.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

seems odd they'd be looking for someone in a role other than GM or HC right now, but if we can get him it's probably good.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-mccloughan-talking-to-teams-about-comeback/

2. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

This is actually amazing news. I don't know the extent to his personal issues as to why he left the 49ers and then the Seahawks (due to alcoholism, apparently), but this guy has an absolutely incredible drafting history.

Just take a look at the players he has gotten: http://imgur.com/a/qiWC3

And here's a good article about the guy: http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...l-best-talent-scout-self-employed-living-farm

#282 Axel3419, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  3. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

AWESOME STUPENDOUS SIGN HIM NOW AND HIS SPONSOR....just do it

Red Menace likes this.
  4. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

He's the new GM of the Redskins.

5. RichardCaster

RichardCaster Active Member

well that is that
    he signed by Redskins to be GM

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

lol, every time i get semi excited about a personnel prospect.....

give Gamble the same opportunity!

7. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Did he just sign with the Skins I must have missed that. Where was that reported

8. NOVAJET

Per source, the McCloughan-to-D.C. deal isn't done yet.
    PFT

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think those 2013/14 drafts would have resulted in Idzik being fired. fwiw

Red Menace likes this.
  10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

It seems like its an easy excuse for these prospective GMs to say instead of simply saying they don't want to work for the Jets. Things can always come back to haunt you in this league and I suppose these guys are just being diplomatic.

11. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

you are right but apparently they are just working out the contract details... hopeful but doubtful it falls through

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

other than being blown out of the water financially(or if it was only job offered) I don't know why anyone would have to work for Daniel Snyder

4jetfans likes this.
  13. NOVAJET

I agree since the original tweet came from someone that spoke to Mcloughan personally.
    Can always dream.

4jetfans likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We should have struck for Mcloughan on day one. He is one hell of a knowledgeable source. I have this ill feeling that we might be a step behind all the other teams looking for a HC or GM.

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I never laugh at the vices that others have to contend with, but this was funny!

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Snyder overpays and still loses. As for this guy: serious personal problems so I can't see naming him to be in charge. Head of Scouting or Personnel Director ok. But not GM.

17. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Along with this one in 2008 -- his first as GM of the Niners.
    Jet fans would be flying planes and putting up billboards.

[​IMG]

Red Menace likes this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

What is today??

When are we going to hire somebody? I hate this process.

19. NOVAJET

20. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

everyone check twitter and PFT the dream is not dead! ive read basically every article and tweet published in the last three hours and a lot is being said that makes me excited(still doubtful, but a little excited)
    • Talks with redskins have hit a snag: apparently current gm(and also bff of the owner) is essentially refusing a demotion to team prez(even though he is in no way qualified to be the skins gm as it is) so snyder would have to choose between mccloughan and his like best friend since childhood. Also have read things that sources believe he is using skins to leverage
    • Unfortunately there has been some positive stuff said about the raiders chances: his ex wife and kids live in northern cal, his younger brother is a scout there, and his dad played corner for the raiders many years ago. but i read this from a SFgate article published very recently today "...Also, the Raiders reached out to former 49ers general manager Scot McCloughan about a front office position, according to NFL Network. McCloughan was reportedly interested only in running the football department, and Mark Davis told him that he is unwilling to take away McKenzie’s power and that McCloughan would have to work under McKenzie. So there was no deal."
    • As most everyone knows here Jets offered a prominent personnel position which means it could be like bradways job or it could still be GM since that technically counts, nothing really negative has been said about their chances aside from the fact that obviously the skins could actually have him locked up. Did read a rumor that woody is not keen on having him as the gm which hopefully doesnt really turn him off and he would settle for the right conditions as a director of player personnel or something.
    And lastly, the main thing that excites me is that him and Quinn have a history from seattle. Also if anyone has been paying attention the HC search there was a report that Quinn was saying that he didnt want to work with seattle guy kirchner because he didnt believe in his talent in evaluating players and wanted a gm with more big position experience like George paton(who ultimately declined an interview). Is it a coincidence that McCloughan fulfills both of these requirements and we have just reached out to him shortly after this report came out? maybe, maybe not.
    p.s. if you have been reading any of the stuff I have been posting recently you know I am very much on the hype train for Quinn, and ever since reading the article on McCloughan have been wanting him too. Just havent been as vocal because it was never really considered an option until today. Dont think I am alone in saying that I would be ecstatic if they ended up being our tandem. Hopefully all of these reports and rumors have some substance to them.