So the fire Idzik goons got their way... happy?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jan 1, 2015.

1. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

If Rex goes to Atlanta I think he'd love to get more than 4 wins.

2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

They're better than 4 Ws. And Milliner is going to be a good player (I think).

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The Idzik bashing over Mevis is stupid too. He made a good trade getting rid of him after an injury. And then after the Bucs did a salary dump on him after paying him over 16 mil for one year passed on him. There is no indication that Revis was going to give Woody a good deal. And no way Idzik was giving him 16 mil. As for Idzik not responding to phone calls from his agent. Who says, the agent. And no way the Patriots give him 20 mil in 2015. Plus isn't Revis a guy who would hold out after signing a contract.

#203 pclfan, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    TNJet likes this.
  4. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

McDougle could gave been had later and 1 out of 2 wrs we drafted already got cut

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Yeah and the guy is on New Otleans a lot better offensive team than ours and returned either a kickoff or a punt for a TD. The other guy on IR (Idzik's fault). And then Enumwa who was activated for game 16. You also forgot the acquisition of Chris Owusu. They decided not to draft a receiver high and selected for other needs after signing Decker. 4th and 5th round picks and UFAs aren't expected to be impact players.

6. nyjetsknicks247

What I'm saying is there were still better wr picks to be had in the 4th round montcrief and bryant were both there

I wasn't big on bryant though but should still have been taken over sanders and evans

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

You didn't know that then. And one year doesn't tell the whole story. Maybe this is the year we're in place to draft an elite receiver if Cooper falls to overall 6. If not we draft for other positions. And drafting Amaro filled a big need on offense. Remember he signed a Wr for good money. And wanted to rebuild our secondary.

8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look Pryor was a disappointment. A slow learner who couldn't pick up the defense. He has starter talent and maybe good starter talent. If it works out he could be a 5 year plus starter. The same goes for Milliner (who looked good) and even McDougle; and we don't know if he'd have fallen to the 5th round. The Jets obviously thought he wouldn't. In other words we just might have rebuilt our secondary not neglected it.

9. nyjetsknicks247

I agree I liked the amaro pick I jist think it's crazy we didn't land one if these rookie wrs

I wish cooper falls to 6 but I doubt it

10. nyjetsknicks247

If milliner cab stay on the field

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Again the draft is approx a 3 year process. Instead of drafting a receiver high we signed a FA in Decker. And tried to rebuild our secondary. Plus Amaro who we can use.

#211 pclfan, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  12. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Exactly, at this point you almost have to pretend Milliner is not on the roster going in to next year as far as depth because of his injury history. Depth will be big at the DB positions.

13. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

did you stop to think because he screwed up the corner situation it effected Pryor's play?
    Idzikplan did not work because he needed players to make an impact after drafting them. That is because he did not spend on free agents. either way this team needs talent and he did not acquire it 3 yrs from now these picks may be great but they did not do crap to help idzik in his plan. There fore he drafted poorly and is paying for it

14. rammagen

Speaking of disappointments look at the receivers he drafted, the corners he drafted, the olinemen he drafted , the qb he drafted. Do you see a pattern?

15. nyjetsknicks247

Hopefully Dozier becomes a good player

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

How do you know that. Were you at practice or in the film room. Idzik in retrospect should have signed a vet corner. So what sre you going to do about it, fire him!

17. rammagen

Too late someone already fired idzik. I was pointing out how his planned failed and it effected other players on the team including his first round draft pick. That is what being unprepared will get you. It has a trickle down effect to everyone else.
    I.E. Why was Coples who was drafted as a dlineman and moved to olb and pass rusher doing jamming receivers on the outside?
    His lack of finding another receiver at the start of the year could have hurt him more then anything else though. Because if Geno succeeds to a 6 or 8 win season Idzik is still here

The premise here was his draft picks and you could not fire him because they could not be judged yet. I pointed out he failed in several areas besides that and that is why he is not here.

FlaJet likes this.
  18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The talent on the Jets was above 4-12 but not playoff caliber. He tried to rebuild the team but also signed guys for the present: like Decker. No matter what he did you complained about something else. He had no chance to be successful. Two years doesn't hack it.

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Please take a look at what Idzick has accomplished.

Now take a look at what Ron Wolf has accomplished.

Once you have done so you will understand why most of us are happy with what has happened so far in this off-season.

FlaJet likes this.
  20. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Idzik will go down as the worts gm in jets history( impressive) and will NEVER again be given a gm position, he can go back to booking team hotels, flights, planning meals haggling with Nike over the price of cleats and whatever other useless shit he use to do. He's not a gm or even an Agm... Only the fucking jets would give a guy like that this job... He sucked, he blew it.. But as a parting gif he made sure to sabatoge ryan and ensure he would be fired too... In jet fashion watch how this plays out.... I can tell you if you want. Lol please no more crying about the great jihn idzik. It's embarassing..

TNJet and FlaJet like this.