So the fire Idzik goons got their way... happy?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It was no one's job but Idzik's. If you can't get steak you at least buy some chopped meat. When the sushi rots buy a few cans of tuna. When your brioche is moldy get a loaf of white bread. My claim here is that Percy Harvin was not the only journeyman available to fill some of the holes. There are always free agents out there, some recently cut and some who never really got their big break. Instead we had holes filled with cardboard cutouts, and they got game time.

FlaJet likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Please select one of the above highlighted sentences and run with it. You can't have both.

Unhappyjetsfan likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I very much doubt we'll hear anything from Idzik about his days with the Jets. One of the things that made him good for the organization was that he wasn't going to be part of the culture of leaks.

I really wish Rex had been able to keep it together this year. The talent wasn't great but he had enough to keep it together into 2015 and he couldn't do the job.

4. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

OH!! OH!! Here it comes:
    [​IMG]

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'd love to see an interview with Idzik. Could be that his contract does not allow him to discuss esp negatively his situation with the Jets. And if he does the Jets wouldn't have to pay him.

6. Br4d

He's not going to do it. It's just not in his make-up. He'll take the lessons he needed out of this and move on to the next opportunity. I hope he doesn't go to the Pats. He's exactly the kind of guy willing to sit in Belichik's shadow and make things work behind the scenes.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He's probably not looking at another General Manager's job ever again but if he came out and trashed the Jets right now he'd DEFINITELY not get another General Manager's job. That's why he's not doing it more than anything.

8. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Yeah, probably.

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think he'd be a great fit for New England. No more press conferences with Belichick. Just behind the scenes work. Plus Belichick could pump him for information about the Jets. They both have something in common: deep hatred of the Jets. Of course Idzik bashers will say great: he's incompetent so let him work for them. I think over the next 2 years you'll see the truth: he is not incompetent.

10. Br4d

I'd be surprised if he wound up in New England. He's more likely to wind up back in the NFC somewhere.

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

You would think someone would call him to get his side of the story. I think it's in his contract. He should defend himself.

12. BrowningNagle

I can't believe this is a real opinion? or are you just messing with everyone. Yeah, the Patriots who have dominated this league and currently have home field advantage should make changes and hire a GM who was an epic disaster.

great fit indeed. :D almost as good a fit as kim kardashian in a pair of size 2 slim bottom jeans

13. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

It's hard to judge a guys draft after 1-2 years.

He's done a couple of things that I have liked:

Aboushi, Winters, Freeman, Dozier: Tannenbaum always missed the boat on drafting mid round developmental lineman, and it ended up really hurting the team during his last two years. So far it looks like at least 3 of the 4 can play this league which is huge when building depth. Perhaps Aboushi and Freeman could even develop into starting guards which would allow us to utilize our resources elsewherte.

Richardson: :Just an awesome pick

The rest:

Milliner ended up being a bust (torn achillies is pretty much career ending), but it's hard to fault the GM when injuries played a big role in it. Also the 2013 draft was awful- A lot of busts who didn't get injured

Geno has done OK for a 2nd round QB-He can definitely play in this league whether he is a 1 or 1B is the question.

Chris Ivory has been a productive back (acquired for a 4th round pick)

The 2014 draft? I said it at the time Idzik should have utilized some of those picks to trade up and get an impact WR. It didn't happen, but its not really fair to call the draft a disaster after one season.

Pryor and Amaro look like starters next season-we will see how they develop. Also lets at least give McDougle and Evans a chance recover from their injuries before rendering judgement.

ajax likes this.
  14. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Uhm . . . Can we wait until they hire someone first before we start making these kind of threads? More specifically, can we wait until the Jets actually hire Marrone before we start making him out to be the next Kotite?

15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I said he'd be a good fit in their front office not GM. They just re-signed Caserio. Belichick runs the entire operation there. Just speculation its not going to happen. Lighten up.

16. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Yes I am happy. Not as happy as the Ducks winning the Rose Bowl. But I am happy.

17. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Wonderful, so we cleared a lot of cap space by going into the season without a defensive backfield, and got our asses handed to us. The whole point of having cap space is so you are able to field a good team. You can curl up next to the fire with your cap space this weekend while you watch other teams in the playoffs.

18. BrowningNagle

yeah it's unfortunate that it's not going to happen

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The point is this genius: you don't recover the money and spend it all the first day. Esp when you have to re-sign your best players. If no money left to sign Wilkerson you'd be first in line to want to fire him. Too bad our former head coach wasn't up to the job.

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'll spell it out: all big contracts or trades go through the owner for final approval.