GM Candidates (Candidates Jets have requested Permission to interview)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 30, 2014.

1. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

If Kirchner brings Scot McCloughan with him to replace Bradway, then I'm on board.

Kirchner also credits Trestman with getting him into the NFL, so he'd be a candidate for Quinn's OC.

Ozymandias likes this.
  2. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Quinn's team may be playing in the Super Bowl on February first; that seems like an awfully long wait imo.

Do you guys believe Woody will/would wait on Quinn/Kirchner?

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Kirschner is in charge of personnel in Seattle, have you seen the talent that team has?

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Hopefully.

5. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Woodrow is a fucktard, so probably not.

Cman68 and mezzavo like this.
  6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I like that word..."fucktard...."

Sums up Woody Johnson to a "T"

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We really should pass on Marrone there's starting to be so much negativity already attached to him thanks to the NY media ,If we don't win right away they are gonna torch him and we end up back where we were all over again

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why is the media a factor here?

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

10. Ralebird

Why do so many of you guys give so much power to a couple of writers? Their opinions may be no more valid than anyone else's but their sources are better than those of anyone here. Sorting out their fact and opinion may be a little tougher however.

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The media played a part in getting the GM fired.

12. Ralebird

A perfect example of you guys giving them infinitely more power than they really have. Got any specifics?

13. The 1985er

Mehta and Cimini drove the narrative about Idzik being incompetent the national media basically goes with whatever they put out and use it as if that's the view of the majority of Jets fans. Then the fans began to rally against Idzik and the media uses that and basically make things worse.

If the media doesn't ride Idzik the way they did then Im sure Idzik is still employed. Sometimes perception can be reality.

14. Ralebird

Idzik drove the narrative of his own incompetence. I don't need columnists to tell me how to think. Here's a fact: I don't read the Daily News in print or online; the only Mehta stories I ever see are those posted here by just the people who empower him. The same with Cimini. You say the national media parrots these guys - I say they come to the same conclusions independently. The fans decide on their own how they feel about the team, reporters report and columnists opine.

If Idzik did his job better, he'd still be employed.

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  15. The 1985er

I don't read their articles either. But the difference is that I understand that it takes time for a rebuilding team to turn things around. Draft picks need time to develop considering that Idzik was mostly going with young unproven players all over the team. If we had SB aspirations then I could understand. They basically preached that they were rebuilding. So all in all Idzik didn't "fail" or "succeed" nor was he "incompetent" or "competent" the body of work isn't there nor did he get time to implement his plan and see it to its fruition.

16. Ralebird

So now you're saying the media didn't play a part in getting the GM fired? Are you saying Idzik just didn't have enough time? I believed that well into the season, but the GM's job is more than running the draft and it's more than grabbing a couple of free agents early on. The guy needs to go to work every day asking himself what he can do to make the team better now. Percy Harvin was the only move that showed the office was even open. He lost me by mid season.

Once it was clear the season was lost, Idzik should have been gone by week thirteen or fourteen to enable the Jets to get a new GM in place early and beat the Black Monday rush for a coach.

17. The 1985er

Of course the media played their role in getting Idzik fired. They had an agenda against him the moment he arrived. I'm just saying that they told us from the start that this was going to be a rebuild with visions of a long term goal in place. They never claimed they were in a win now mode. If they were then I could understand firing Idzik.

18. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

This is why I'm not fist pumping like crazy that Idzik got fired. He was a rookie GM that only got 2 seasons (and the 1st one was a clear throwaway, which everyone knew). He got a raw deal here, plain and simple.

FJF likes this.
  19. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Woody is going to get a lot of bad press with Marrone, particularly from the Daily News. But it won't be any different than it has been. Mehta is a tool and there does not seem to be anything they can do about it. As for Marrone, meh. There are no sure fire candidates out there. I just do not have the feeling that he can take them where they need to ho. In some ways an unknown is actually more appealing to me.

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

It's simple. What do the Jets need? Offense: Marrone is experienced. Offensive Line: Marrone is experienced. Discipline: Marrone is experienced.

The scariest thing is the chance the Bills took on Manuel. I don't know how much of that decision was Marrone vs their GM, but I do know that Marrone benched him when it became abundantly clear that he stinks rather than trying to beat a dead horse.

Lupica plays on the Jets fans emotions stronger than most people in the media. Listen to his radio show and every Monday at the start of his show he opens with a monologue about how awful the Jets are and how their fans are whiners. He's buddy buddy with manboobs mehta and they enjoy getting fans riled up. They are following the old media strategy of making themselves a part of the story. I'd suggest looking to other news sources and ignoring these waffles.

The 1985er likes this.