For all the Rex haters, Now that he's gone...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Dec 31, 2014.

1. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

Oh it screams loud and clear. What you stated right there is what irks me the most about all the Rex lovers, he had his hand in all the drafts and draft choices. But Idzik gets the lions share of the blame because he's the GM. Sixth rounder Tahj Boyd is a great example of some Rex love, it's happened the entire time Rex was HC.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  2. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

So is everything you've been saying since the offseason.
    Just like mostly everything you've been saying lately to bash the man on his way out. "Ravens win with nothing and don't get the first round picks Rex did" Uhhh Ravens haven't drafted Offense since 2009 and have only spent a 2nd rounder on offense twice since then.

3. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Constantly having to use timeouts because proper players weren't on the field, constant 12 players on the field penalties, false starts and holding penalties that constantly killed drives, defensive penalties that sustained drives for the opposition. Not to mention the constant chaos on the sidelines with who's calling timeouts or sending players in or out etc. It's not the number of penalties, it's the type and when they occur. THAT'S what I saw.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

....and lost both, because the thing all his lovers worship him for, the defensive genius' vaunted defense, didn't bother to show up for two of the biggest games in Jet history.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

It is not that we lost both games but that we lost them because of our defense.

First our secondary had no answer for Payton Manning.

The following year we trade for Cro and make it past Manning only to learn that the Steelers can run up the gut against us at will.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

^And the most galling thing is the much maligned Mr. Sanchez would have put us in the Super Bowl if the genius' defense could have made a stop. Which they didn't, of course. A signature of RR's vaunted defenses.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Well said. Nothing personal against Rex, but the man is a very weak head coach. He constantly brags up marginal players like Clyde Gates and Garrett McIntyre, he steers his number 1 pick EVERY year for defense, he befriends his players to the point that no player is scared of him or any consequence for screwing off, and his greatest flaw is that he is a TERRIBLE in-game coach in terms of adjustments, clock management, use of timeouts, challenges, you name it, Never seen a guy so lost on the sideline during a game that he is supposed to be coaching.

8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Sanchez was Rex's boy. He's as responsible for that mess as anyone. As for his defense. Without 11 Pro Bowl players on the field he's lost.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Not my quote about the Ravens.

10. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

If it's Kubiak or Marrone, the Rex era will start looking like the NE dynasty by comparison.

The HC has to be a leader of men and a winner.

Those guys always have this Joe Walton body language like they hate their lives and wish they were dead.

Besides it took Kubiak like 8 years to reach the postseason.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Someone who wasn't given six years to win the Super Bowl but failed.

12. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Kubiak had an NFL-caliber starting QB his entire time in Houston. Rex never had an NFL-caliber starting QB. That's an enormous difference.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He got to the AFCCG his first two years on the backs of the veteran leaders on the team with high character, self-motivation and who played with intelligence (Thomas Jones, Damien Woody, Cotchery, and perhaps a few more). They were the leaders who kept other players playing at a high level. When they left, the team fell apart. Rex was partially responsible for dismantling those teams.
    It does. You just can't see it because you don't want to. It's not a matter of settling for someone "almost as good as Ryan." Rex Ryan is an awful HC. He's a good DC, but he sucks at many important aspects of the HC job. If you can't see that, then I feel sorry for you.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I can see perfectly fine. I have seen what bad coaching looks like, I have seen some really terrible years as a fan, I have seen HC's that were in over their head. Rex Ryan was the best coach I've seen since Parcells. That is clear cut to me, so taking that a way for someone like a Doug Marrone is moronic.

I have never felt that awful feeling like I have with other coaches of the past, there have been many, Rex Ryan never held that view from me. That alone tells me that we made a mistake in firing him.

If you can't see that we had something good, in comparison to what we've been subjected to over the years, then I feel sorry for you.

15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It's funny because It's true.

To add to that.. After the Bills fired CG and hired Marrone, I remember thinking to myself, and my thought sure as fuck hasn't changed.

"Wow, this guy is an awful hire. The Bills truly don't have a clue."

Then I laughed because I was so happy that this wasn't remotely a possibility for the Jets. Now it is?

The Bills fans might just have the last laugh in this situation if it holds true to the rumors circulating right now.

I am literally embarrassed that Woody Johnson would even entertain this guy as our next HC.

16. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

Rex's biggest fault is that he doesn't know when to take the training wheels off of his QB. He did it with Sanchez, and he did it again with Geno. Part of the reason they both struggled so much was that when they simplified the playbook, it made it easy for the other team to know what to look for, and it basically compounded the problem. It's the same reason Geno has looked really good once again in the last 4 weeks. Let the fucking guy throw. If throws some picks, so be it. Let him throw them. Each one will help him grow and know what not to do next time. Only twice this year did he throw more then 1 pick in a game. Peyton Manning has 5 this year. Brees had 4.

It was time for him to go. He doesn't know how to grow a QB and that's what we need right now. Give him Matt Ryan and he may win a Super Bowl, but we don't have that luxury these days.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

So pretty much the same as every other team in the league then?

18. James Hasty

No, just the other five teams at the top of the draft.

19. James Hasty

Derek Carr in his last year as a starter? Matt Schaub?

That is the enormous difference?

Are you saying that if Rex had either of those bums our offense would work?

Can I have some of what you are smoking?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. James Hasty

Sure, let them throw what's the worst that could happen?

Oh yeah, Geno throws yet another pick six and we lose the game.