For all the Rex haters, Now that he's gone...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Dec 31, 2014.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Yeah except he never accomplished as much as Rex and Kubiak's defense's were terrible with the exception of Wade Phillips leading that defense. This is the definition of settling, if we were just going to settle for someone that is almost as good as Ryan, why did we fire Ryan? Makes no sense.

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Watching the angles he takes on running backs and receivers are downright laughable. Did you not see the Lamar Miller 97 yard TD or Jordy Nelson catch earlier in the year? What about the angle he took on the long TD by Watkins. Those are just 3 off the top of my head along with many others. The guy needs to improve next year for sure...

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I know it's crazy, right? Rex had him out there starting too, just crazy.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I was a huge Pryor fan during the draft, I was so happy we took him, his rookie year has been an extremely disappointing year for all of us I think. It's true he is being asked to do a lot of different things in contrast to his college days but I can't believe some of those angles he takes. It really is a red flag moving forward. I still am hopeful but I'm a little fearful that he won't amount to much after the year he had.

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

He's not the tough guy they thought he was. Plus he had no clue in coverage. But he said he he'd going to turn it around. Sure didn't look like it last Sunday. But way too early to say he's a bust.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I really hope Rex gets one of these openings ,I'm gonna be really intrested to see how he does atleast he will be hopefully be in the NFC.

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

and once they interview him, they'll realize hes a fucking half wit....people blow this concept off but I am serious when I say I believe he does not have the mental capacity for the job, He cant even put a sentence together, his brain does not function well enough

TNJet, NCJetsfan and Section 336 like this.
  8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

youre afraid the to have him in the AFC? hahahah that's so fuckin stupid man

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

It's hard to fathom those who judge the 2014 draft even before the 2014 season is over. And this has been going on for months. They expect immediate results but give Rex and Sanchez years of mediocrity. So what are they going to say if Pryor and Jalen Saunders are Pro Bowl players. Knowing them and being the front runners that they are they'll find somebody to blame.

Section 336 likes this.
  10. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

Pryor I've heard of. Who is Jalen Saunders?

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

That doesn't mean shit, there are things that special needs people can do, that a normal person could never do.

jonnyd likes this.
  12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

He went 2-2 in the Playoffs and Rex went 4-2. It's not a big difference.

Rex also never won 12 games in a season. Rex also never won a division title. I like Rex but i'm just trying to make a point.

Rex's offenses were always terrible after Mangini's lineman started leaving. I get your point but we have building blocks on defense and offense. We need a QB, Kubiak did a pretty good job with Matt Schaub. If we're gonna try and develop another QB a guy like Kubiak wouldnt be a bad hire.

Sometimes a coach gets fired, learns from his mistakes, and is then better for it when he takes the next job.

Examples being Bellicheck, Carroll, Dungy, Tom Coughlin

#72 kevmvp, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  13. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I think if you put them side by side, Rex and Kubiak have mirror image resumes which pretty much even them out.
    We could do worse than Kubiak.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

There are plenty of negative variables Ryan contributed that have been discussed. Have I been reading the same site as you? we only consider the results? cmon man.

15. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

They're not perfect but they are playing this weekend or next week.. Rex is not a good HC and we can do better, I willing to give a successful HC in the college ranks a shot.

16. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

Absolutely agree.

17. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

Like you said in another post Pryor was overvalued. He should not have been taken in the first round as we needed some Offense really bad.

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous!

19. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I like Rex. I wanted him to return last year. In retrospect, I think what I really wanted was for Rex to give a great big "fuck you" to all his detractors, like Francessa, Giant fans etc.
    However, in the sad light of this year's reality, guys like Wahoo and others do unfortunately make a point. I recall Br4dw4y 5ux stating that Rex has the same warts now that he did six years go (i.e., no improvement on his deficiencies). It's sadly true. And more important, the Jets' stubbornness on offense, the failure on the 3rd down blitzes, missed tackles, cutting potential big play guys, failure to develop rookies. Rex is the only guy who's been here for six years. It has to fall on him.

As for Idzik. He had to go after that presser. Now, some of his moves may pay dividends going forward. So what? He did not portray leadership material.

#79 Endlessly Counting, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    Br4d likes this.
  20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

True.

If the pick doesn't scream Rex Ryan we are all liars though.