For all the Rex haters, Now that he's gone...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Dec 31, 2014.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

all I want is for our HC ONE TIME to have all 3 time outs in the 4th quarter. Just ONE TIME and he'd already be better than Rex.

Joking a side, we fired a really bad HC....this idea that theres no one better is absurd.

NCJetsfan, 94Abraham and TNJet like this.
  2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Under Tanny Rex had a big say in personnel. Including the Qb position. Along with Woody they interviewed Sanchez in 2009. But it's doubtful Rex was on board about Tebow. Maybe he was after Timmy basically beat them and eliminated Rex from the playoffs in 2011. Tanny was enamored with star quality players esp Qbs. He cut Pennington and signed Favre. Of course it backfired and Chad outplayed Brett and was league MVP runner up and his team went to the playoffs. You had a backup in 2012 to Mark. A guy with a winning record as a starter in the NFL including the playoffs. Of course you can say he sucked and it was only luck and his teammates. You can say the same thing about Sanchez too esp in 2009. As for Tim. You had s better chance in 2012 winning with him than you did with Mark. How do I know this. You lost with Mark but not with Tim. Rex refused to use him.

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Under Tanny Rex had a big say in personnel. Including the Qb position. Along with Woody they interviewed Sanchez in 2009. But it's doubtful Rex was on board about Tebow. Maybe he was after Timmy basically beat them and eliminated Rex from the playoffs in 2011. Tanny was enamored with star quality players esp Qbs. He cut Pennington and signed Favre. Of course it backfired and Chad outplayed Brett and was league MVP runner up and his team went to the playoffs. You had a backup in 2012 to Mark. A guy with a winning record as a starter in the NFL including the playoffs. Of course you can say he sucked and it was only luck and his teammates. You can say the same thing about Sanchez too esp in 2009. As for Tim. You had a better chance in 2012 winning with him than you did with Mark. How do I know this. You lost with Mark but not with Tim. Rex refused to use him.

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Pryor has shown nothing. We needed a WR and we got a Eric Smith doppelganger.

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

haha I am not really going to argue Pryor.

He had a bad season, no question. His only defense is.. he was a Rookie that showed he can hit people pretty fucking hard. Side from that, it looks like he was overvalued pick that will need a lot of coaching if he is to be turned into the player we valued him at in the draft.

TNJet likes this.
  6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

jftr, there are 2 questions. Also, funny how instead of giving me answers many of the haters just keep hating without answering any of em.

I see a few posters came up with a name or 2..

I mean, which HC and/or Which OC is going to come in here and improve this team.

While we're at it.. which DC will come in and have our D Play better with this shit secondary?

I want some names because this is some shit that we're in now..

johnny likes this.
  7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Gary Patterson TCU. Pay him whatever he wants.

8. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I think I can help you out - no discipline, no accountability, ignore the offense, make stupid pronouncements, win meaningless games at the end of the season, have the team be generally unprepared to play, get outcoached regularly. The Rex Ryan plan.

NCJetsfan and TNJet like this.
  9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Man, I have to be honest...I'm not a fan of College coaches taking over. It's usually for a serious long haul..

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It amazes me how fans don't appreciate the good things that has been done, especially when talking about Rex Ryan. The dude literally went to the AFCCG twice in a row with a roster that Mr. T went all in with. After that we were in cap hell, we couldn't replenish, and it's been an uphill battle ever since.

Yet...

Nobody considers that shit, it's only a matter of the results, instead of thinking about the variables that contributed to those results. It's a moronic way of thinking.

We absolutely had a great HC, there is no question in my mind. I don't see anyone coming in here and establishing an identity or have the success like Rex did coming to this team. I just don't see it.

11. IIMeanDeanII

Is that how he got to the AFCCG in his first two years, by implementing that plan design? That's impressive.

12. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

He could maybe utilize Geno in the spread offense allowing us to get Cooper with the number 4 pick.

13. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

An NFL HC in today's league

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I have seen a few people post about a lack of discipline - every time I checked we were around middle of the pack in terms of penalties and had no serious off the field issues during the whole of Rex's time here so I am not really sure where this discipline thing come from other than people seeing what they want to see.

15. hornblower

An NFL Head Coach in today's league must motivate the players, coach the coaches and deal with the media. Add to that he must know the Quarterback position especially if he has a young one. Rex could motivate ok but he was too busy with the defensive side to coach the offensive coaches and he has no feel at all for the most important position on the field. This is a formula for failure. Nice guy without a feel for the league as it is today.

16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

how can a defensive orientated coach coach offensive coaches? Many of whom themselves have been head coaches and have way more experience in that area? it just isn't going to happen and shouldn't have to happen.

17. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

How are these candidates a "joke"? You know Mike Tomlin was considered a joke by the Dolphins, and all he did was win a Superbowl with the Steelers. No one wanted that guy, named Bill Bellichick after his tenure in Cleveland. Today? He's widely recognized as one of the greatest coaches in NFL history and the best coach in the NFL. I think folks are calling this year's head coaching candidates "jokes", because this is the first time they've ever heard their names. Well, I have news for you, "star power" does not always equate to success. We will never know how terrible or well these coordinators will be as head coaches, until they are handed over the reigns. The Rex Ryan, that some of you just can't get over , was a Defensive Coordinator at one point in his career . Why can't we be patient, and let this situation develop? Rex Ryan is gone, he's moved on from the Jets, why can't we let go of Rex?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. hornblower

Never hire a head coach in today's NFL who does not know offense and the QB position. Amazing that Rex could be in the NFL so long and know so little about offensive football. The rules do not allow a team to win consistently with defense first. This is not about Rex hating it is about a coach who absented himself from the most important team unit and position. If you have a Brady of Manning it may work but not with young quarterbacks.

TNJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I think Kubiak is a bright offensive mind. Wouldnt mind giving him another chance at an NFL Head Coaching job. He had fairly similar success to Rex in Houston

20. IIMeanDeanII

Unless you have an established QB, a GM that knows how to structure contracts without putting the team in cap hell, a GM that can consistently let go of players right before their expiration date and a GM who consistently finds contributors for their team.

Sounds nothing like what we've had for sustainable success. We had a coach that could coach, now we have nothing.