Head Coach Candidates (Coaches Jets have requested Permission to interview)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

HELL NO TO MIKE SMITH!

legler82 and FJF like this.
  2. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

That does happen though. Brian Billick lead the Vikings to some of the highest scoring teams in history and went to Baltimore and was all about defense. Same can be said for Bill B in NE. He's a defensive guy who's had horrible defenses and great offenses.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Didnt even realize he was a defensive guy lmao, wow.

4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I will literally cry if we hire Tom Cable, or Gary Kubiak....

Rex blows both of those shmucks out of the water and he lost his job...

Jets Esq. and 74 like this.
  5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Fair point on the first bit, but he inherited a great D in Baltimore and tried and routinely failed to compliment that, for whatever reason.

Beliturd had great Ds when he was winning Super Bowls though. Those were complete teams in the early 00s. The epitome of balance.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Looks like the 49ers and Falcons are setting up interviews with Rex Ryan while we are interviewing scrubs like Cable and Kubiak

almbleamal likes this.
  7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Lmao. Only the Jets.

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Many would argue that rex is a scrub HC also

9. LongIslandBlitz

Its like going from a brand new pair of white Nikes to wearing paper bags on your feet

10. LongIslandBlitz

Scrub head coaches don't win four road playoff games with Sanchez at QB against Peyton and Brady .....I don't care how many years ago it was it wasn't a fluke win.None of these candidates we are interviewing have ever siniffed the playoffs ...Todd Bowles or Quinn is the only solid option being that they have the chance to be great,maybe one of the two will be the next best coach who knows

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  11. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

Yeah, I was sick of the penalties & dumb time outs and stuff, and I totally understood why Rex Ryan was let go. But the only reason to let him go was to replace him with someone better. Sure, his record was tarnished a bit over the last three seasons, but he was a known quantity. Putting Tom Fucking Cable in there...I mean what the hell, man. If they got some Tom Coughlin type guy that was going to 'administer' the entire team and not just one side of the ball, I can understand that. But most of these guys are total fucking scrubs, and a lot of them are one-sided scrubs at that.

I remember that period a few years ago when Rex & the gang were like "Don't use 'Same Old Jets'...we're not the Same Old Jets..." Um, we fucking are until we stop acting like it. Hiring Tom Cable or Gary Kubiak...is like hiring Bruce Coslet all over again. Why fucking bother with this bullshit?

legler82 likes this.
  12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Glory days dun duh dun duh glory daaaayyyays...

Honestly I don't even give a fuck anymore as long as we have an offense that doesn't make eating turd sandwiches sound more appetizing than watching them.

13. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

C.H.U.D.? Isn't that Chemical Hazardous Underground Dump? So Sexton represents those underground mutant monster things? Hey, I'm not prejudiced here, if they can turn the Jets around I'm all for hiring them. I've just always assumed they were more Roller Derby fans.....

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Chudzinski got a raw deal in Cleveland. I'd rather him than Tom Cable.

It's fucking amazing we have to settle for this kind of garbage.

15. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

I really wonder where we are going to get the pieces to retool the coaching staff after nearly everyone was let go. where do you think our new coordinators will come from? college? fired head coaches like trestman? im not sure

16. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I honestly wouldn't mind Kubiak as long as you got a great defensive guy next to him.

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

One thing people are missing about Kubiak is that he is an established head coach. We can attract better / more experienced assistant coaches with Kubiak that we could with a first time head coach.

Speaking of experienced coaches I would be all over Jason Garrett if the Cowboys lose in the playoffs and are dumb enough to cut him loose.

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Cmon guys, they have not hired Cable, this is Ron Wolf and Casserly helping out.

We don't know why cable is being interviewed, but maybe it's just the consultants giving Woodrow a lesson on doing a thorough job by listening to the candidates and their philosophies.

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What options do we have? Harbaugh is gone and we just fired the best head coach available. It's not like we are getting turned down by anyone. There just aren't any options.

Which is why you don't fire a good coach when you have one. But that's another story for another thread.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this and I'm not too upset if we go after certain retread coaches. Sometimes it takes a firing for the coach to improve.

There's no exact science but I wouldn't rule out people just because they were head coaches in the past and struggled. I would ask them what they would do differently and see if they learned from their mistakes.

For exemple, if I'm Atlanta I ask Rex what's the ideal offense he wants to run. If he talks about ground and pound I start to question the idea. If he talks about airing it out a bit and taking advantage of the weapons, there we go.

Just a thought

NCJetsfan likes this.