Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

jay, sorry to hear about your mother. my prayers are out there.

this weekend storm, we will lose out to warm temps, or something misssing?

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

FJF...and thank you also my friend..very much.

Typical great lakes cutter. When the storm goes west of the Appalachians and cuts towards the great lakes..and SOMETIMES reforms giving us a miller b type storm off the coast of de/nj but not this time it looks like. It does reform but off the coast of Cape Cod.

SOOO....tricky...lots of cold air in place and a battle ground for a possible ice storm could setup for central and northern PA and NY State...but here? Long story very long....lol...too warm..but may start as snow for several hours before a changeover. Now that is VERY possible. Again..you are dead on! Now....this Alberta Clipper for the middle of next week is showing some potential with a reform off the Jersey coast. Powerful Clipper considering they are moisture starved and fast by the time they get here....but should be watched.

Other then that....I picked the perfect winter to have many problems so that not being around the new website is not that bad. Think the snow threats will pick up after the clipper comes through..and put everything back in order...because right now? We are not in winter mode yet. It happens some winters...but really think this storm begins a change. Clippers rearrange the jet stream.

If you have not...read up on clippers here. I think I do a decent job of describing them:
    http://jaysweather.net/different-types-of-storms/

#7862 jaywayne12, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sorry I missed this Jay. My mom died from cancer too so I feel your pain. Once she's in a better place, you will be too. Trust me on that one. Until then, enjoy every minute you have left with her...

Moving right along, where the hell is winter man???? Nary a flake since November.. Is this gonna be one of those winters where we stay on the warm side of most storms? I'm good either way as the Ariens got a work out last year.. :)

4. jaywayne12

God bless buddy and thanks.

The next 2 weeks will tell the story cman because its a yes and no answer. We have actually been on the cold side of storms too..but not Arctic cold. Yes, storms have missed us west and storms that miss us west are warm...miss us east usually is cold. Now...the pattern changes around the 7th of January and within a week from that date...we will know if this winter holds any surprises or if its a dud. Not to say you can have a dud of a winter and then boom...a blizzard in February....but more in line with a possible 1 or 2 hit wonder....or if we get in a snowy pattern.

January 7th will begin to spell that out.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay nice words thank you !
    As far as this winter,,,I have waited all year for snow I guess I can wait 7 more days but if u are telling me that this winter might be a dud than that just blows ! Heck I have waited 3 years for football season to come back and that has been a disappointment also ,,,lol

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay. I have guests from Turkey so I wasn't browsing TGG regularly and sorry for late reply. I am so sorry for your mom. Stay strong my friends. I also lost my mom and a
    Jay. I have guests from Turkey so I wasn't browsing TGG regularly and sorry for late reply. I am so sorry for your mom. Stay strong my friends. I also lost my mom and aunt and I know how you feel. But just like Grandpa C says, once she is in a better place, you will feel better too. We love you my friend. Hang in there.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

To Jay and all the other people that check out this thread Happy New Year,,,may next year be better than the last !

Jay you your mom and family are in my thoughts today

Fred Mertz and FJF like this.
  8. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

Happy New Year everybody...
    Stay strong Jay, it's a hell of a thing to go through.

9. jaywayne12

Great to see you Brook and very sorry for those losses my friend. Grandpa C is dead on...and something that keeps things in perspective sir! Really happy to see you around here Brook.

Brook! likes this.
  10. jaywayne12

Thanks very much FM...VERY much appreciated sir. We all go through times like this...the amount of time this has been going on and the back and forths...you try to keep things in perspective but well...its been a roller coaster ride. Thanks sir!

11. jaywayne12

This next year will be great...just know it CBG...and with friends like you guys and this thread? Will enjoy happier times...they are coming!

updated the website and even more importantly the football forecast too. WATCH OUT FOR SATURDAY...could be a rainy wild card Saturday for both games guys.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

2014 was probably the worst year I've experienced in a long time.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

so, TWC is saying 1-3 before turning over to rain. didn't think we would see any accumulation

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sorry to hear that GQ. Lost my father in May and my brothers business got shut down. Not a good year for me and family either. Whatever your issues are, hang in there.

15. jaywayne12

Sorry to hear that too GQ..its amazing...reading brooks post..yours..CBG has been on quite the ride lately...I guess 2014 couldnt have ended early enough. Got good vibes for this year after mom gets her peace.

Again...you guys are the best and always feel free to vent here GQ...we are quite the good listeners.

Brook! likes this.
  16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Thanks Brook. Still need to meet up dude. I can make myself free anytime.

17. jaywayne12

guys....if you are bettors....I am no longer a bettor...keep an eye to the skY in Pittsburgh...very ugly game with rain heavy at times..and check out the winds for the game. FROM THE NWS FOR PITTSBURGH:
    Saturday Night Rain. Low around 41. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Thanks Jay. I hope you can find peace and comfort in your time of need.

19. jaywayne12

THANKS gq...maybe one day us locals can all get together....brook..cbg...you and me.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I am in. Just name a time and place. Doesn't have to be tomorrow. Whenever works. Maybe closer to draft...