Head Coach Candidates (Coaches Jets have requested Permission to interview)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 29, 2014.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It's really early in the process.. People need to settle down regarding the current interviewees..

In the previous coaching searches here Woody Johnson interviewed practically anyone with a clipboard and a whistle. I imagine it will be a similar process this time. They will interview a college guy or two before it's said and done.

Sanchize0829 likes this.
  2. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

By us. Lynn is RB coach/assistant HC.

3. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

i think we all need to accept that we'll be unhappy one way or another with whose selected and that every KIND of coach has failed in one spot or another, and does not mean they'll fail here.

this especially goes for superstitious jargon like not hiring a coach from seattle because we fired a guy that worked there or because some new england assistants didn't work out. how do you think half the coaches in the league came to be HC's?

focus on vision,scheme and leadership not the superficial things that you hated about the last guy.

donkey and Axel3419 like this.
  4. Alexg

Alexg Member

Several teams going after Quinn. Would have to move quickly.

5. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Everyone's interviewing him this week because otherwise, per league rules, you would have to wait until the Seahawks are out of the playoffs (or after the Super Bowl.) Same goes from any playoff-bound OCs and DCs.

soxxx likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, that takes care of the minority requirement.

7. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Yup. I can't see any scenario where he gets the job.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

depends on what part of the country you are in... I spend a lot of time in Buffalo & Cleveland for work and "guy with a huge fucking head" is definitely not a minority in those cities. :D

Faux machine likes this.
  9. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Harris wouldn't be a fit, lol.

I could just imagine Demario Davis in Quinn's scheme. Davis has insane speed.

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I like Frank Reich as well but not sure he's ready to be a HC just yet despite his age.

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Kubiak was who I wanted back in 06 when we got Mangini. My biggest problem with Kubiak since then is that his Texans teams underachieved for several years. That's not a good look.

12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Don't we interview Quinn friday night? He's our guy.

Red Menace likes this.
  13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I'm hearing mcDaniels might be taking over in San Fran and mangini or sparano in oakland.

If that's true then the jets, bears, and falcons will have a pick of the litter from guys like quinn, gase, shaw, sumerlin, etc.

I would say Chicago has the least amount of leverage because it essentially means you have to coach cutler. His contract is so bad that I heard for the first time in nfl history the bears would actually have to give up their own draft picks to get rid of him......

Imagine being a gm there? My fucking god. Either tie yourself to cutler or throw away draft picks right off the bat.....

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I'm hearing mcDaniels might be taking over in San Fran and mangini or sparano in oakland.

If that's true then the jets, bears, and falcons will have a pick of the litter from guys like quinn, gase, shaw, sumerlin, etc.

I would say Chicago has the least amount of leverage because it essentially means you have to coach cutler. His contract is so bad that I heard for the first time in nfl history the bears would actually have to give up their own draft picks to get rid of him......

Imagine being a gm there? My fucking god. Either tie yourself to cutler or throw away draft picks right off the bat.....

15. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

True enough. But the Jets apparently are planning on interviewing everyone in the football world. They may accidentally interview Idzik again. Bill Kuharich? Goodness Gracious. Norv Turner for coach? Can Kotite be far behind? It is hilarious. The sad part is there are what, 3 or 4 GM positions available? There seem to be a ton of pretty good candidates. If they cannot convince one of these guys to leave their feathered nests and take big money in NY, it will be a sad commentary on their organization.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

With Kubiak, he did hire Wade Phillips and defense looked great. Issue in 2013 is that Houston just got tired of him after so long. Plus, didn't capitalize on two year window with Manning injured in '11 and Luck transitioning in '12

Axel3419 likes this.
  17. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I think Woody's consultants are just doing their due diligence. We're at the start of a pretty comprehensive process, and there's no harm interviewing candidates who don't have a real shot.

18. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Are we scared of college coaches or what?

19. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

I would be OK with Kubiak, Trestman, and a decent DC

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I can't see Mangini with the Raiders. He tried to kick ass in Cleveland and it didn't work. And even tried fucking with basic Cleveland Browns tradition something Al Davis's son wouldn't tolerate with the Raiders. I've heard they're interested in Jack Del Rio or Sparano who Marc Davis is said to really like a lot. If SF takes McDaniel over Harbaugh then they don't know what they're doing. It'll make Woody Johnson look like a genius compared to them.