Head Coach Candidates (Coaches Jets have requested Permission to interview)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I wonder if any of these so called "head coaching" candidates are being interviewed as potential coaching staff candidates to see how their style fits what we are trying to build?
    Does a HC have total autonomy over assembling his staff or does a GM sometimes have input, i wonder?

2. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Just got a notification that Our RB coach will also be interviewed.

3. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

By who?

4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I actually don't think it's a bad idea to bring in a defensive guy. I don't want to see this d turn to complete shit.

Just the off season should have a heavy commitment to the O

GoldenShowers likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

interesting thought.

i don't believe you can take a coach on a lateral move while still under contract. not without compensation to original team.

but a guy like Bowles you could elevate to Asst HC along with DC.
    for a guy who has only been a DC for a couple years, that would be a step in right direction for HC consideration, and something he could be interested in.
    personally, i'd like Bowles as a DC quite a bit. one of the few guys who wouldn't greatly change schemes/personnel from Rex's system, and wouldn't be too big a drop off with innovative ability on that side of the ball.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Only guy on this list that im ok with is Quinn. Cable should not even be considered for a job, he is just a worst version of Rex.

I'm hoping there are more candidates in the next 2 weeks.

7. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Lol, why is Tom Cable even a consideration?

I wouldn't mind Quinn, Bowles, or even Kubiak (as long as there's a great defensive coach next to him). Frank Reich is interesting, but his age worries me.

8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I'm good with Quinn and also Reich. FWIW ... Boomer knows Reich well and has raved about his football IQ for years.

Red Menace likes this.
  9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]

10. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

Tom Cable? They can't be serious about that one. Also, why even waste time interviewing the RB's coach?

I think Bowles is massively overrated, just like all of Arizona is. That doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good HC, but I just don't see what's so special about him or his defense.

I don't see what's so great about Reich's resume, but maybe there's something else that is making them want to interview him.

Kubiak isn't a bad coach, but I don't believe he's any more than an average NFL HC. I'd hope we are looking for someone who could be one of the best in the NFL. Kubiak's a known quantity, not bad but not that good.

I think Quinn would be the best candidate, but I did want an offensive-oriented HC. As long as Quinn could bring in someone good to run the offense, then I'd prefer him.

GoldenShowers likes this.
  11. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

That list is an absolute joke and we should have just kept Rex. Truly terrible.

12. GoldenShowers

Harris would be god awful in his D. His D requires the LBs to run sideline to sideline. Wagner and Wright have insane speed. Harris is a stone.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I guess I'd pick Dan Quinn from that list.

Not thrilled with these candidates.

14. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Cable and Lynn being interviewed are just laughable. I don't think anyone would argue that Rex isn't a better coach than both of them.

Kubiak has a similar win percentage to Rex, but worse playoff record. I think Rex is a slightly better coach, although neither are top NFL HC's.

With Quinn, Reich and Bowles, its a mystery, but I think Quinn is the only one with the potential to be a really good HC. He's a great defensive mind, but so is Rex. I hope he's more than just a terrific DC, which is what Rex is.

I'm disappointed that we aren't interviewing any college HC's or Gase from Denver.

15. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Cable does fulfill the "interview a guy with a huge fucking head" requirement.

The Uniform Bomber likes this.
  16. GoldenShowers

I'm sure it had nothing to do with perennial pro Bowler Phil Rivers.......

17. Jets4eva9011

I think Gase is a product of Peyton Manning.

Gus Malzahn is my choice from the college ranks, or Jimbo Fisher (not happening, though).

18. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Maybe I just don't know enough about him, but Kubiak somehow made Schaub look like a top 10 Qb for a few years. If he knows nothing at all about defense then I won't want him but if he can manage our defense while significantly improving our offense, he might be worth a look.

19. Jets4eva9011

I would not mind Kubiak at all, as long as you have someone good managing the defense next to him. Thurman? Dunbar?

20. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Reich? This was his 1st year as Bolts OC and it came with such mixed results. Why outside of being a backup QB for the Jets in 96? Jets hoping for their own Jason Garrett?

Cable did a better job with Oakland than what most give him credit for given the talent on that team but he's got some serious questions in regards to domestic abuse(Which is a big deal for the NFL now) where it would only bring bad pub to the team. Good OLine coach, not someone you want to go and grab as your head coach.

Kubiak is just not a good head coach and his playcalling as a whole is funky and really revolves around the RB more than anything, something that happened a lot under Rex.