Head Coach Candidates (Coaches Jets have requested Permission to interview)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 29, 2014.

1. PapaBurr

PapaBurr Member

Well a vice president of football administration and a personnel director are two different jobs for a reason, just saying. The biggest plus out of this scenario would be like i said be the pre instilled cohesion between the two something rex and idzik never had so i dont understand how it can be the same?

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

That might be the one thing that would push be over board ,firing Rex for A Belichek wannabe in Josh Mcdaniels

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

McDaniels sucks. Even I would take Rex over him.

4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

It seems Seattle is the apple of everyone's eye from the standpoint of draft and player development strategy, and even how they found their GM. Ever think they are the exception to the rule? Or is everyone who tries to do it their way going to be as successful?

5. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

On what do you base the fact that the players will turn on him?

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You mean NE pt II.

The_Darksider likes this.
  7. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

How soon can we hire this bum? Do we have to wait until the Hawks win the a Super Bowl? Cuz that would suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

As if a 4-12 season isn't a sign of trouble already. I'm not saying that Rex sucked. It's just this misguided notion that Rex has "a great legacy" and is the only person who could ever have success here is really stretching things a bit IMHO. The post season in 2009 and 2010 were great, but people seem to be overly enamored with a sub .500 coach.

Since Parcells arrived Rex actually has the worst winning percentage of any Jets head coach. I am not claiming that he is the worst - just stating facts. For the last 18 years the Jets has been an above .500 football team - .500 since Parcells left. Therefore, Rex (besides having a great personality) really hasn't done anything "spectacular" compared to recent Jet head coaches except for the two AFC championship games. And since they lost both it doesn't carry that much cache.

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

how about winning 4 playoff games?

LIJetsFan likes this.
  10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

For once i actually have confidence in this organization getting things right.
    I'm going to sit back and enjoy watching this off season play itself out.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  11. Beki

Beki Active Member

Yeah, Mahish reported that we want to have our GM first in place, but Woody also mentioned he will listen the opinion of our new GM, BUT Woody is going to make the final call.

12. Beki

Beki Active Member

I think it's impossible as we don't have any scheduled meeting yet with GM candidates, neither with Kirhcner nor Paton.

13. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Did I not mention the playoff runs of 2009 and 2010? They were great but this is what have you done for me lately league. Those happened 5 and 6 years ago and most of the Jet players on the squad currently have never been to the playoffs (while with the Jets). My post was in response to Jetrizing89 talking about the next coach "having huge shoes to fill" and mentioning "the first sign of trouble" as if we haven't already seen signs if trouble (ie. a 4-12 record) and equating Rex's tenure with the Jets being on par with other "legacy coaches" (ie. Parcells tenure on the Giants, Belichick's tenure with the Pats, etc.). Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but in my mind I think that type of sentiment is stretching things a bit.

14. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Dan Quinn hire is my coach. Who cares that he's another Defensive-minded coach. The man is professional, sharp, and has put together one of the best defenses in seattle. The Jets will keep their strength on defense as it should be. They have almost all the pieces to put together an elite defense if they get some corners and safeties.

If an offensive coach came, the defense loses it's status and now you're stuck with an "OK" defense and if you're lucky "OK" offense with Geno at the helm.

And yes...Geno at the helm. Who else would the Jets bring in. There's no one to draft or sign in FA. (Jameis probably won't fall and is a knucklehead bust anyways).

15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

It's gonna be Dan Quinn with Tom Cable as the Offensive Coordinator

16. Beki

Beki Active Member

Yes, they have an elit defense in Seattle, but if we hire Quinn, he will need to do a lot with this defense, mostly with secondary. DL is given, we bring back Harris and draft a rookie behind of him, sign FA CB1 and hope Milliner and McDougle will be good after their injuries. If we will use Pryor at the right position and get other starting safety, Quinn will be able to manage a top10 defense here too.
    However, our offense and mainly QB position, that is what makes our HC position not so impressive.

17. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Harris cant play in his scheme

Coples becomes the LEO
    Wilk at End
    Sheldon at DT
    Snacks at NT

LBs will be a huge question mark for us since Seattle plays them in coverage as well as run support

Davis is an obvious fit, the other 2 spots are issues unless we can grab 2 of Irvin/Smith/Pierre-Louis

GoldenShowers likes this.
  18. raiderrocker18

raiderrocker18 New Member

i dont see how the Jets can hire a defensive minded coach that would be a better defensive minded coach than Rex Ryan... if they're intent on going in a different direction, it makes no sense to add a defense-oriented guy

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Hiring an offensive minded coach would be useless until we have a franchise QB and I can't see that happening anytime soon. We either get an out of work journeyman or another 2nd rounder or lower and hope to hit lightening.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

1. its a copycat league
    2. the fact that seattle used them makes it a little less inexplicable than you wanted it to be when you were spouting off about it.